Need to know how much light to run autos on

i prefer 18/6 , but 20/4 is also common for autos, also depends on your situation as you can run them 24/0 or 12/12 if that s what your limited too

3 Likes

SoG and auto though, do go hand-in-hand… so if he wants to take out “cr”, that’d be an optimal way to run autos :wink:

2 Likes

Is it bad to top autos …

1 Like

Wats best light time to run them on buddy I’m a pest lol ur the best :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

18/6 is preferred lighting for autos… generally you don’t want to top them, at most, do some LST… any topping or cutting will need additional time to recover and you don’t have that much time to spare with autos.

2 Likes

Welcome @Butcherboy!

Some of us top autos! Many ways to skin a cat. And I like mine chopped, broken, and lit up :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve fimmed autos before and they didn’t bat an eyelid to it. They didn’t stall what so ever. I ended up with a different problem. They just took off and the grow tent got very overcrowded and the branching pushed the sides of the tent out. :+1: you just need to catch them at the right time. I fimmed at the 4th node.

3 Likes

Haha no worries mate it’s what we’re all here for although at 1am I was sleeping like any ordinary hooman on a Tuesday :sweat_smile:

I personally run my autos at 18/6 but as a few people have said they will flower on pretty much any schedule. The main reason I run 18/6 myself is because I run autos in my veg tent. And next year a lot outside. Should be fun that.

And I still personally wouldn’t wanna top. Mainline. Fim an auto. Or scrog. They’re basically designed with small space and fast yield in mind. 5l pots finishing at a couple of feet from pot top is my preferred method.

That’s 420 fast buds blue dream’matic. They had lovely structure and height etc. But none better than @ReikoX la diva x lowryder that I’ve found so far

3 Likes

I have one of @ReikoX low rider x ultraviolet growing. It ended up a girl. They are a perfect size for my small tent I bought under a 120w solstrip light I plan on putting together with the strips I got from you. How well will the strips perform running 4 at 30w each?? Or would 3 running at 40w be better mate?? I’ll bang the remaining 9 autos I have left into 2 litre pots and see what happens :+1:

1 Like

4@30w should give you a nice even spread and naturally reduce heat emissions from the rig. Either combo you suggested there will work though bro. Although I’d be more inclined to run them @185w myself particularly over a a few autos.

2 Likes

The tent is tiny mate. 60x60x90. It’s a tent I plan on keeping purposely for creating seeds. I had to put the ak back into the big gro area as I was getting leaf burn from the meizhi. I’m able to get these autos ran and finished in time for Xmas. I already have the 120w 24v driver. I’m trying to keep the power I’m using under 1kw an hour but also the room the small tent is in is not as well ventilated. The tent also only has one port for a filter so no external intake. The size @ReikoX low rider has grew too is the perfect hight for it. Obviously there will be males so eventually there would be more room available to each plant :+1:

2 Likes

Then youre spot on bro. I’m running the tardis on a 120 when it arrives. And the dimensions are pretty much the same as your tent. I think all the lowryder X’s will perform well in there tbh

2 Likes

Cheers for the help @anon58740919. I love how compact they are. It’s a perfect plant for the area. I’ll get on it today and get the bits bought I need. I could run that tent 24/7 365 days a year without worrying so long as I grow plants that I can keep around 70 in height and the low riders fit the bill perfectly :+1:

2 Likes

What you think mate?? :wink:

119w at the wall, built with an angle grinder and mikita cordless and some motherboard screws I had laying around :+1:
@Ghandisflipflop looks better running mate.

6 Likes

Belting work bro. That’s exactly as they should be done :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I used solar crimp connectors instead of soldering. It’ll make things easier if I ever want to add more or swap a malfunctioning strip out. I’ll hang it in mini tent on weekend and monitor temperatures to see how she does. Thanks for supplying me the strips mate. Your a gooden :+1:

3 Likes

Awesome,er :wink: I taught you well, young grasshopper :laughing:

2 Likes

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha < and that wasn’t because of the 20 letter limit :rofl:

2 Likes

Was it because your h nd a buttons are jammed with jizz again

2 Likes

Aye the personal video message your mam sent caused it :wink:

2 Likes