Is it harvest time? First indoor grow.

Hi All, week 11 flower
I never/rarely post on the website, cause I’m mostly busy. But, I still find time to follow growers.
Want to share the results of my first indoor grow! But, first the system:
Tent; 90 x 90 x 180 cm / 3 x 3 x 5 ft, 10 in’
Light; 300 watt ProGrow full spectrum LED (Australia)
2 x 80 watt tube heaters
Pots; 4 litre / 1 gal’
Medium’ Coco Coir(good quality) + 50% Perlite
Nutrients; Canna Tera - veg and Canna Flores - flower
Bio Diesel
Multizyme
Pro Cal - later becoz of my mistake
pH; 5.6 abouts for veg
5.8 - 6.0 for flower
EC; never fed over11.2 / 1200
Runoff; today the EC is down to .4 -.6 / 400 - 600
I might have forgotten some but you get the picture. Yesterday was week 11 flower. They are done.
My first indoor grow, from clones(unknownplant). Overall I feel it turned out OK considering my newb status. From time to time I’d visit the grow shop and get help from experienced folk. They gave me invaluable insights, like ‘they look cold’. They were, it is just post winter here by 6 days. They were not growing fast as they should have been.
The heater bars installed, they picked up straight away.
The whole grow the humidity has been whatever it is for us, it is for them. But the closed tent the whole grow Im guessing humidity ranged between 40% and 65%.
It was fun learning how to grow in Coco coir. So different compared to outdoors.
I stopped feeding these 7 days ago, can you tell…
I am thinking I will be harvesting in approx. 5 days. Ec should all be near .3 by then.
What else… Oh right, these were all clones from the same mother. The coco mix is same for all 6 pots, same for feeding. And I was moving them under the light for a bit. For what ever reason 1 plant (in white pot) constantly it seemed to be a battle to keep on top of leaf yellowing. And at first I did not know in Coco most ppl use some sort of CalMag.
Ive had some Nana’s lately. And I found a burst male/hermi flower fertilise a lower bud and got some seeds. I cut it off, so far nothing else is affected.
I like these colors.
The Overgrow community is the first to see.
Hastings

23 Likes

I am wrapping up my 5th harvest soon and would say these look ready to me! Others may chime in and say wait a little longer but 11 weeks is a good window for most cultivars.

6 Likes

Yo I am just saying if that is your first indoor grow, you are killing it my first grow looked like trash lmao.

Whatever you are doing don’t stop! Very nice haul is heading your way.

6 Likes

They do look good on the outside
Hat you check the trichomes yet ?

They tell the story

What genetics are you running

5 Likes

Hi m8,
Trichomes are a mixture of milky, amber and a small % clear. Imo, they are ready this week.

Genetics are unknown, at this point. But, I know this is prized in my area, it is a good smoke.

2 Likes

So week 11 of flower eh! First run indoors with a longer flowering strain can be rough but you did well. Perhaps next round would go easier I’m sure. What’s the smells your getting and how is the smoke if you could describe it.!?

1 Like

Hi OG,
The smells are fruity, to my nose anyways. If this description makes sense, the odour is a lighter smell, compared to say a heavy Northern Lights stink. And I don’t trust my nose much these days… My wife yelled out, ‘it smells like pot!’.
Thanks for the interest.
Here are some pictures from just now.
And the effects… it gets you happy high. No paranoia.
The story with this strain is, it was not supposed to be shared outside a select group who grew it. Short story, a friend grew this for the past 3 yrs, he shared some clones with me, and here it is.
This is my first time at LST. Because my tent is 180 cm, I was very mindful of not out growing the tent, given the distance between canapy and the LED, so I worked to keep them short. These are the smallest plants Ive ever grown. In these pictures I’ve had to weave some branchs together becoz they are wanting to lay down with the bud weight.
They really have stacked on the weight and size in these last 2 weeks.
Enjoy…

11 Likes

Sounds like they are ready man. Pull em. A lot of the quality is all in the dry and cure don’t rush it. Just keep you humidity in check and you should be good. I like to shoot for around 10-14 days before it comes off the line. Closer to 14 in the winter

1 Like

All the clues point to done. When did u cut feed?

1 Like

7 days ago

1 Like

Ready, chop chop!

2 Likes

That shit looks pretty dank man congrats on ur 1st grow I’m actually also doing my first grow I only did 2 plants I got a few seeds from a friend of a friend so don’t know what I got except it’s a sativa think I’m on day 34 flower I need to go back n double check lol anywho once these are down I got some clones going now there baby’s but I got 5 Red Delicious 5 Afghan an 5 White Widow I’m lil :heartpulse: that’s a big jump from 2 to 15 ANYWHO good grow how many plants did u grow an ur probably running L.E.D. etc

1 Like

Do you have any close up shots? I can see some white hairs but that could mean nothing. Some strains pump out white hairs forever.

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful work @Hastings they look ready to me. That looks like you’ll get a good yield from that pro-grow 300, I’d be interested to know what the final weight is. My first grow was with a pro-grow 200 also Australia (similar to the 300 but no dimming) they’re a solid unit but like you say I found I was moving plants around to get them some time in the focus of the light. I’m loving the autumn colours your girls are showing, I think you’re right at the sweet spot, best to harvest before one of those yellowing leaves dies back and you lose a whole cola to mould.

I’m interested that you were growing in coco but using Canna Terra nutes. Was that just what you had spare? I’ve delved quite deep into the Canna lineup and I’m not sure there’s much difference in the lines, sometimes I wonder if it’s just the label that’s different. I’ve used their Aqua Flores with the Canna coco COGr boards before in the UK with no problems.

Your first post said it was a while since you’d posted on OG so welcome back brother, I hope you post more here.

2 Likes

30 August, 11 days ago. The last few feeds were at approx 60-70% of full strength. since then only water and flush.
Fianl EC approx’ is 0.4 - 0.6. My tap water is pretty good at 0.2 EC.

1 Like

Hi Foreigner,
No m8, no close ups that are worthy of posting. But here are some pic’s just before I trim.
Because this strain is unknown, Im in the dark a bit. But, yes these plants are still producing white pistils, white hairs aplenty! But, at 11 weeks, 4 days they are coming down. Theres a good mixture of white, cloudy and amber trichomes. Attached is 1 macro pic’, but its shit.
11 weeks + in flower is enough. I was not expecting to see so many new pistils keep on appearing but, its what the girls want to do.

4 Likes

JonPott,
Yes m8, coming down today. 11+ weeks in flower is enough. I wanted to allow them to put on weight.
they have finally!! some branches are laying right over.

2 Likes

Trichomes - enough amber to chop.

Genetics - is unknown. Ive been told (Sour Diesel) from a phone app. But I dont trust it. There are labs in Aus’ that do genetic testing for all the medicinal growers. I will reach out to them and see if they will test a sample.

4 Likes