Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

i have a friend whose uncle was one of the leaders of that strike and march of 10000 men on the capitol. yeah, wv has always had the shit end of the stick in this country. not much has changed either.

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

Been a lot of stupid fashion statements over the entire span of humankind, but Worlds Tallest Midget has to be one of the worst…

9 Likes

7 Likes

But this collection give your dividends in couch levelling!

I know many profs and folks that keep them running and you are far from joking. :confounded:

Uni’s are becoming more and more a financial institution. A friend of mine with a PHD that teaches at TMU was told by his superiors that he is not allowed to fail any student.

My work supports a lot of former students as we are a charity, and oh wow has the quality of their skills have really gone down hill in the last 10 years!

That empty lot with the house that burned down… also a million dollars!

Folks here get a mortgage to buy their dream, a safe place… but then realize they signed a contract of entrapment where now they are struggling to keep that “safe place” though overworking just to keep it.

4 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

I am your hallucination.

4 Likes

Me?

7c4eut

6 Likes

WHY is it always someone who shouldn’t wear them that short in the 1st place?

1 Like

Remember… spandex has no choice

1 Like

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1713109342208

9 Likes

Am I a horrible person for quietly chanting ‘trip, trip, trip…’’ to myself when I see these guys??

3 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

For some reason that reminds me of the Stephen King short story “The Langoliers,” only this is the psychedelic version.

2 Likes

In my view, the only stupid question is the one that does not get asked. All valid questions, imo.

This is specifically about college/university text books, not any books, and yes, they are crazy expensive, although, as @Foreigner points out above, not as expensive as that meme suggests. I think it’s probably fair to say that for some undergraduates they can be prohibitively expensive in terms of attending school. And yes, post-grad books are typically more expensive.

I think it would be impossible for an entire class, even a relatively small class of undergrads, to use a school’s library. There likely wouldn’t be enough texts to go around, so they’d always be checked.

Not historically significant books. Sadly, just plain old (or new!) textbooks.

1 Like

Its etymology apparently dates to the late 19th century. This is a pretty interesting little read about the term.

2 Likes