Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

@Lady.Zandra63 No.

I want to douse the crotch in lighter fluid and toss a match yelling: “Oh look! Hot pants are back in fashion!”

3 Likes

I am a self- identified redneck. I follow Jeff Foxworthy’s definition that a redneck is someone totally lacking in sophistication. That’s me!

2 Likes

My wife always wants to scream “pull your pants up!”

2 Likes

I can’t address the morality aspect, but I can damn well guarantee that you’ve got lots of company!

2 Likes

That’s why I don’t scrape the hair off my face (or any other body part). I view shaving as a very sophisticated activity. Not at all civilized, but hella sophisticated! I prefer civilized.

And you know the etymology of the word sophisticate, right? It wasn’t anything positive.

When sugar first became really affordable for small brewers in England, they discovered that by using it, they could speed up their brew time. Customers were not enamored of the change. When they caught a brewer “sophisticating” his beer, he was tied to the bottom of an empty slop wagon as it plied the streets, collecting the contents of the previous night’s chamber pots. It was not something you wanted to be accused of!

Redneck? You bet! Sophisticate? No fucking way!!

8 Likes

Wow, really getting my reading in with you this weekend, LOL. Thanks.

5 Likes

1 Like

FB_IMG_1713123572742

3 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

@mota you’re a freaking WARLOCK!

Goals here… I’m sure the kids keep the fuck off your lawn!

2 Likes

Some of my books for classes in 2005 were over $100 apiece!
Now my daughters Prof’s all do digital books- so you pay $20-$40 for the license to view them online…a couple of her instructors handed out codes so the kids didn’t have to pay the fee!
Damn decent of them!

3 Likes

''Uncle George was my all time favorite…
We used to sneak my best friends dad’s LP of ‘the 7 words you can’t say on television’!
LMAO!
yep-I’m old.

2 Likes

That was a weird one, wasn’t it?? The book was good, the TV version was awful.,.bad casting, bad acting… bad graphics…
Dreamcatcher was good-- though again- could tell King was in a weird place emotionally/mentally when he wrote it!
I mean-- toilet aliens? Really?
But I REALLY relate to the ‘file cabinet’ reference… I always felt that way about my memory…can only fit so many files in there before you have to start cleaning out old ones to make room…

1 Like