Not weed related specifically but it regards plants

Are these :grapes:’s?..it looks like it could be, but I’m not sure. I just noticed them creeping over my yard fence with little coiled vines poking out everywhere. I need some experienced clarification if possible.

2 Likes

Maybe try this post bud. Cool site in OP that you can upload pics to foe identification.

1 Like

Also google “view” (I think is what it is called) is really good at plant ID from pics. One of my coworkers uses it all the time and it seems to pretty much always be right, even on really unusual or hard to identify stuff.

2 Likes

Just tried it and it worked great.

ed30c17e76469d0645d6cedc878b10a3b4b51148_2_281x500.jpeg

4 Likes

So it’s a type of lily?

Your pic us identified in first pic followed by your pic. The Lilly pic and identication are from my cottage. Says it’s Parthenocissus quinquefolia

1 Like

Oh okay. I didn’t know there’s apps to identify plant life…I’m gonna download it.

1 Like

It’s a web site bud, you upload a pic and they show identity of plant. Here is the added info.

Common names

Virginia creeper

Victoria creeper

five-leaved ivy

five-finger

Description

Parthenocissus quinquefolia, known as Virginia creeper, Victoria creeper, five-leaved ivy, or five-finger, is a species of flowering plant in the grape family, Vitaceae. It is native to eastern and central North America, from southeastern Canada and the eastern United States west to Manitoba and Utah, and south to eastern Mexico and Guatemala.

The site is in the first post of the Link I posted. Pretty cool I did not know that site existed but I bookmarked it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay so I was kinda right…its in the grape family so I guess this means I got some wild grapes otw…perhaps…maybe…possibly…hopefully…

1 Like

Nope, not from Virginia Creeper, they wont be bigger than a raisin LOL… But that is VC, have tons of it near my veggie garden / garden shed. It will climb trees, buildings, anything it can (including going inside my shed and coming out the eaves!)

I also have wild concord grapes, and their leaves are like 5x the size of the average creeper leaf. Grapes will also have a much thicker and woodier stem, with “peels” of skin on them, while creeper is just vine like.

1 Like

Virginia creeper is mostly a nuisance plant. And it breeds like mad. I’m constantly pulling it out of my yard.
It’s not as bad as bittersweet, but it can get under the shingles of your house/garage and do some extensive damage.

2 Likes

I also LOVE this app/site for identifications:

there is a mobile app called - PictureThis

I’ve been using it for awhile now - works quite well.

1 Like

That’s a paid app though so keep that in mind when downloading.

2 Likes

Firehead nailed it!
Get rid of that crap off your property or it will take over.
Here is what you can expect if you attempt to eat the fruit of the plant:

• Mouth, lips, and tongue irritation
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Skin irritation
2 Likes

absolutely true - PictureThis you can use it free for 7 days and identify as many plants as you like instantly.

I am trying FlowerChecker - you submit the pic and wait for a response, up to 24 hours.

not exactly the same :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try this one bud.

1 Like

That plant is 10000000% Virginia creeper… It’s under the siding on one side of the house and grows from the top…

Also aphid magnets come fall

2 Likes