Help with outdoor bug ID

It has been awhile since I’ve done an outdoor grow, the rain and fog of our New England autumn is mold-friendly and there always seem to be a posse of insect pests that show up to attack as the buds ripen. This season I have two mother plants in large pots out on the deck and I’m watching them carefully for early signs that they are under attack.

A close inspection yesterday revealed two bugs I’ve never seen before and I wonder if any of our OG experts can identify them and suggest treatments that can head off any problems.

Thanks in advance for any help,
-Grouchy :green_heart: :v:

This beetle is about a centimeter long

This guy is about 3 millimeters long

4 Likes

type of Leafhopper,they’re sap suckers…but from what i’ve seen,they don’t really cause any notable damage on my plants,but if there were lots of them,i might get worried

4 Likes

Agree, hope you don’t find more of them… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks @George & @killabud,

I was in a hurry this morning and posted the same pic twice by mistake. If you get a chance check the post again for the second bug…

I checked the entire plants very carefully and only found two each of those bugs yesterday and no new ones today.

1 Like

that sort of looks like it could be a young stink bug,not 100 percent on that though

3 Likes

Also agree … Arriba|nullxnull

5 Likes

Good call.

2 Likes

Leafhoppers can transmit a virus that was originally spotted in the upper midwest. Around here we call it the “black death” as it will turn bud sites into dark black/purple with stunted bud growth. I have experienced it on some plants the last 3 years in MA. This year I was more aggressive with spraying insecticidal soap and have not seen any yet but be aware. Somewhere here on OG there was a discussion about it… maybe it was RIU…

3 Likes

You shoulda seen this somewhere before! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Funny you should say that @blowdout2269, once I knew what they were, that GWE article was my very next stop! LoL

I haven’t seen any new bugs, but I’m ready for them now if they show up.

-Grouchy

1 Like