Nutrient deficiency or parasites?

Ahhh. Well that’s confusing. I didn’t know there were more than one term of measurement for EC. But I guess milli and micro can be converted quite easily. USA, Burma and Liberia keep up. My meters have only offered me milli…

I just thought maybe he was confused and was reading ppm. Which 1350 on my 500 scale meter is 2.7EC in milisiemens.

All that aside if he’s measuring micro he should be fine.

1 Like

That still seems high to me. The last run, if I were using tap water at 300PPM, I would have been at around 850PPM max and they still showed signs of overfeeding.

This run I am staying even lower than that. I am using RO though so this means I will be staying under 500PPM for the whole cycle.

The less I feed them, and the more stable I keep my tank, the better the quality and yield. Last run under HPS I got 1.104 GPW in 11 weeks (2 weeks veg, 9 weeks flower).

If you imagine your leaves are little bags that can be filled with nutrients from the roots and emptied with light then your problem is your nutrient bags are too full and they are not being cleared lower down the plant where the light is less. This leads the nutrients to stagnate effectively and they become toxic to the leaf. I am sure the science is different to that but if you think like that you will do the right things for your plants.

In the ideal world you are filling and emptying your bags daily. I agree with @Barefrog . Lower your feed strength more and I feel you will see more benefits to your plants.

2 Likes

Hi, i’m writing while smoking last harvest. I kept EC at 800-900uS for the last 2 weeks, extending the flowering time of 1 week. I had an invasion of tripids, cause of lower leaves scorched and rust spots. They progressively destroyed the leaves, until harvest. I could see the benefits of lower EC, but flowers remained small, although very powerful. Taste isn’t harsh, slightly fruity, but i know It is from its potential.
I now have 3 Green crack and 1 Russian doll at 3rd week flowering with EC 1200, looking fine and Just a few tripids for the moment.

1 Like

That seems a little high. Like 100 times too high. Are you mixing up your units or have you missed a decimal point?

Last harvest seems effective :wink:

EC 1200uS=1.2mS. I surely don’t grow them in saturated salt water

1 Like

They started stretching this week, I bent the top Bud on the right and lower branches began growing.
I changed fertilizers to GHE flora, grow+Bloom+micro, but still using cannazym and a bit of mineral magic. pH is stable at 5.8.

2 Likes

Update from yesterday.
Parasites have almost disappeared, lower and smaller leaves are yellowing, buds are enlarging and covering in resin. Why is that the most stretched plant is often turning stems purple?

1 Like