Nutrients on a budget?

I went to the grow shop yesterday to get more Maxibloom and was told they haven’t been available in Canada for about 9 months and WILL NOT be allowed in Canada for the foreseeable future.
Has anyone heard of a Maxibloom ban in Canada due to labeling/ingerdient issues?

1 Like

I asked GH, they said:

If you are in Canada- Maxi Series is going through the registration process in Canada as we speak, but unfortunately do not have a timeframe for it to return to shelves. Until Health Canada approves our registration, it will continue to be unavailable as a result. Once the product is available again, it will be at retail dealer sites across the country.

2 Likes

I love using maxibloom for flowering, but in the same boat as all Canadians that can’t get it. Making the move to using Jacks until I get can back a 1part mix.

Be sure to add some Ca/Mg (be mindful of adding any extra N)

Not to start a war or anything, but what would happen to someone’s plant if they just fed it with miracle grow (the standard blue stuff)?

I mean would the plants just die or get lousy yield or what?

2 Likes

Should get the job done.

1 Like

Man you can use any number of nutes. I just coached a buddy of mine through a grow with osmocote and cytoplus. He applied fertilizer twice during the whole grow. Only thing he’s going to change next time is I realized he might want to amend some oyster shell or ag lime for calcium. Cheeeeeap.

1 Like

We will use osmocote 14. 14 14 for outside garden.tnis year and inside i justvrecieved a sample pack from nectar of the gods was free except fot shipping to my place it was $65 gonna try it. Recieved 6 quarts. And ph up plus a flowering foliant checked online the retail is about $25 per quart plus shipping it is an organic fertilizer so i figure 1/2 of retailillgive it a shot

Peace out andvstay safe

How does the maxi bloom work you add it to water ,
I’m
Looking
For some different nutes, I do have the fox farms trio

If you are on a really tight budget, and want a good general purpose fert, get some Holly Tone at the local hardware store.

https://tinyurl.com/yyyck5n6

It does not smell good! but it is very good stuff.
You wont be able to tweak things (like, lower Nitrogen during flower) but your plants will still be very happy.

2 Likes

I did a recent grow of Girl Scout Cookies using Greenleaf Nutrients Megacrop 2 Part formula. I used Parts A & B, and added their Bud Explosion. I got approximately 3 pounds of super dank and dense buds and it cost me less than $7 in nutes.

Full disclosure: I use RO and supplement it with Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus, which I did not factor in to the cost.

9 Likes

Thanks my last grow I used black strap molasses and powdered kelp and ocean forest soil and I swear to go my plants where lush tent was packed lol these are all autos

7 Likes

I used to use fox farms, and it was okay,but didn’t like paying so much for them. I switched to the BluePlanet BlueMax 2 part. I use way less per feed than I did before and the plants seem to like it a little more

1 Like

A alternative to look at is the plant prod mj line of fertilizer.

Master Blend Tomato Fertilizer 2 parts a pound each, cost me $22.00 as I had Epsom already and that is cheap as hell also. Maybe $25.00 of delivered fertilizers, and I got a year of running from it.
I do add some silica, so another $.25 (cents) per half a shot glass, per run
Flower juice, Morbloom gives me bud and PH down in one use, so that cost another $.50 (cents) per make up cost added.
Yeah, frigging super cheap.

2 Likes

Totally didn’t mean to reply on a thread that old, but maybe there are newer suggestions nowadays, so it may be a good thing after all.

1 Like

My nutes are on the expensive side but I like them, I’ve got them dialled in, and they work. And I don’t have to pH.

There are much cheaper options but I’m very comfortable with mine.

5 Likes

Yea in general the Espoma “-Tone” product line is kickass, my grow store is always telling me to get the 50lb bag of Bio-Tone and a PK topdressing and call it a day. I like the Tomato-Tone a lot so far, and the Holly one gets some nice reviews too. All of them are gentle and powerful organic mixes with added bacillus and/or mycos which is great.

1 Like

Yeah I think I will try a cheap easy dry nutrient brand this next time. I would enjoy if they included silica in the mix so I wouldn’t have to buy.

I run coir with 5-10% runoff also. I may be wrong but some of these almost look like they are for soil. I have no facts to support that though

1 Like

I’ve been using maxi gro/maxi bloom in perlite hempy buckets. Thinking I’ll swap to coco after this run as to keep costs low and not breathe in toxic perlite dust. Was also considering megacrop after my maxi combo is gone

1 Like