OG Website Feature Wish List

depends on the platform …maybe on some mobile devices but for chrome on PC my images leave a lot to be desired

1 Like

Possible. I’m on Tor browser (based on Firefox) on PC.

1 Like

I don’t think this is what you mean but you can change the size displayed with a bit of manual intervention.

e.g.: change the width and height values after uploading:
img src="/uploads/default/original/3X/6/5/65db9514786d04631ab7a3c11ff82a2ad5768421.jpg" width=“490” height="290"

Doesn’t crop them, per se. Click to view the original image size, same in all cases.

However, if you are referring to downsampling the size of the image file (e.g. it’s too many megabytes to upload), then yea. I can’t think of an easy way without using a PC to resample the image before uploading it. It’s a good idea. I’ve seen some other forum software do that but I can also see it as having some downsides, too. Maybe there is an app available for your phone that will do that for you in the interim?

3 Likes

I think I used Send Reduced on Android for a while. It’s available on F-Droid, or that Google thing (called something like Send Reduced Free there).

1 Like

As nice a feature this would be, it isn’t likely to happen.

This is just my opinion as to why:

OG would likely have to become ad supported to help pay for more storage space and the even more likely bandwidth usage.

Tinypng.com is a site that makes your image filesize smaller without changing the dimensions or quality of the image. Usually takes 50-70% off the file size.

Edit: heres a clickable link https://tinypng.com/

1 Like

I have another one. I think a thread for just quick general questions would be nice. I always have simple questions and hate to always start new threads that will clog up the board. Just an idea…also let me know if it already exists and I’ve missed it!

3 Likes

This one maybe?

Otherwise, why not just open one?

2 Likes

Ya that works. I didn’t want to create a second one in case it already existed…

1 Like

I’d like to have automatic conversion of measuring units. Temperature, weight etc. It would be great for international understanding. :wink:

3 Likes

:v: :gb:

How many stones in a stoner? :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Cannabis related emojis please.
Then @cannabissequoia can really come out to play.

5 Likes

You not over on the OG discord. That seems to be the place for those kinda things

2 Likes

In theory that should not be too hard to do. Discourse is free software.
I see a procrastination project coming up. :joy:

2 Likes

36! point five for the twenty

1 Like

Oh ya that fancy chat thing. I’m pretty tech savvy, but am behind on anything social like that. Probably because I’m antisocial lol, but I’ll check it out sometime.

4 Likes

I was wondering if there is a way to clear are mailbox of old messages, seems like alot of data being stored taking up space on the server when there just old communications, would also be nice to be able to delete things like addresses and what not.

1 Like

yeah would be nice if possible

2 Likes

Currently it is not possible (deleting would remove it for both users, so software doesn’t allow it). But you can Archive message so it won’t appear in your inbox.

3 Likes

I’d like the option to mute threads from the overview page without opening them. :innocent:

3 Likes