OG Website Feature Wish List

I would love to have access to a list of, or link to, our prior conversations when I visit your /users/ page.

1 Like

What doesnā€™t suit you on activity page?

You can even display latest posts or created topicsā€¦

Those are my activities. I want to see our exchanges. I remember a conversation with you but not details. How do I find it? Currently I have to do an advanced search for ā€œ@LemonadeJoe in:privateā€.

2 Likes

I know, current private message system is chaoticā€¦ People with lot of PM struggle to find particular message there. Iā€™m well aware of thatā€¦

Fulltext search will be improved in next update, there will be simple checkboxes so you wonā€™t need to write on keyboard your ā€œhackā€ā€¦ But that is great tip for others, btw!

5 Likes

Is the Pin Topic feature new? What determines whether the toggle appears?

With any new PM for the subject I write my name and recipients name then itā€™s easy to find later with just a scroll down.

3 Likes

Yes based on your example I have begun to do that as well.
I note that older exchanges are not accessible through the messages-list and must be located via search or in-message links

3 Likes

any way to get OG on tapatalk? i canā€™t find it if it is there. didnā€™t know if this would be considered a website request/feature

3 Likes

No, there are no plans for this support.

Our goal is to have great experience using OG on mobile browser without need for any extra app.

9 Likes

Plus I only know of tpt*lk because of their extremely annoying spam signature they leave everywhere and Iā€™m very happy that does not exist here.

2 Likes

Understood. That is because people use the free version instead of the paid.

2 Likes

Thank you for keeping OG as clean as you do. Now back to my hobbit hole. You can return back to your regularly scheduled programming.

4 Likes

Unsure if mentioned before, a way to follow a user (as in they pop up on your screen first if they either make a new topic and/or reply to a topic. Sort of like fuckbook>following>see first.

4 Likes

Would it be possible to show the correspondent name in the message listing rather than the author of the most recent message.
I hate wading through twenty ā€œHi!ā€ messages to find the one I am looking for.

5 Likes

Please upgrade to a recent version of Discourse. The version used on OG is more than 3 years old.

The actual reason for my request besides stability and security is the feature to ignore users which came last year.

5 Likes

Yes, that is on the plan very soon!

7 Likes

Woohoo! :tada::confetti_ball::fireworks:

6 Likes

That will be a great feature, hope it will be soon implemented, thanks ā€¦

3 Likes

That is a great tipā€¦ To search for PMs with particular member can now use:

@LemonadeJoe in:personal-direct

Or fill in the field ā€œPosted byā€ and check ā€œIn my messagesā€ in Advanced search:

2 Likes

:clap: :partying_face:

:evergreen_tree: guess who

4 Likes