OG Website Feature Wish List

What do the colors of the numbers mean on the lists of threads?

2 Likes

I wanted to ask if it is possible to turn off notifications for edits, as we got a lot of them in the seed run threads.

It just happens that I donā€™t have any in my recent notifications, so I wonder if it happened by chance or something was changed recently.

3 Likes

One thing you can try is to remove seed run co-ops category from your Watched categories.

Basically it reflects amount of likes given in the topicā€¦ Brighter = more likes. If you can hold the cursor over that number it will tell you more.

4 Likes

I was wrong about Watching category. The setting that affects this is Watching particular topic.

It seems like you have that particular thread in ā€œWatchedā€ topicsā€¦ Is that right?

If it is, then it is a feature :smiley: ā€¦ Every wiki update in first post is notified because you are Watching the topic.

2 Likes

Yes, I do want to watch them. But Iā€™d like to choose what kind of events trigger notifications. New post, yes please. Edit, no thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I understand. Sorry but I canā€™t help you with thatā€¦

1 Like

It would be nice to be able to send somebody the invite to join with out having to send it to there email.

You donā€™t need to send it by email, but you at least have to know the email address of the person.

Then you can just copy generated invite link and send it to them yourself.

Idea behind it is that they can Sign up easier because it will pre-generate their account and they donā€™t need to input email address when signing upā€¦ Theyā€™ll just adjust their username.

Ok Iā€™ll tell my buddy email or no link lol he is lazy and was asking for a text. With the quarintine he should have plenty of time to check his email.

3 Likes

People have several email addresses. It does not make sense to tell them which one to use here in my opinion. Does it matter for link generation whether the address is acually valid?

1 Like

Yes, because activation email will follow once they signup (read select their username and password).

But later they can change the email to other address.

1 Like

I just realized it does not matter because we are not invite only so I can just give them the URL otherwise. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

On a different note I know your handle is a reference to a old movie but I used to get some dank kush from a guy we called the lemon man. Every time I see your handle it reminds me of the lemon man and his lemon weed. Thanks for keeping things og.

2 Likes

Ever since the server update, whenever I try to reply to a post, its inconsistent whether it shows the post I was replying to. Sometimes after the post goes thru it shows which one specifically I was replying to, others it shows up as a general response to the thread.

I never seemed to have that issue before the update. Am I doing sometbing wrong now? It always seemed to work in the pastā€¦

2 Likes

What I think is happening, if I reply to the last post it doesnt show who I was replying to. But if its an older post it does show which post I targeted the response to.

2 Likes

That is correct and is the expected behavior.

1 Like

Got it, thanks.

1 Like

As someone stated, once some time passes by, you can no more edit or delete your own posts, you lose your copyright and they belong to the site. This might force people living in countries or states where it is illegal to grow not to post them. Whatā€™s the reason for this and can it be changed? Thanks ā€¦ :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Editing serves for quick corrections.

The goal of the forum is to gather knowledge. We can learn by reading archived discussions of others. (This is big difference compared to chat).

More members usually cooperates on a topic. If you delete bits of discussion it will become unreadable (and it makes posts of other members incomprehensible).

Another reason: This forum is archived using external online archiving services. If you post here it will become part of the public internet even if you delete it later.

If you just want quick answer to your question without having it archived indefinitely, use our chat.

6 Likes

Is there interest in this feature? We could add this in the near future.

Following user means that you can list latest topic where this user got involved and you are notified about every post / topic they make.

• Following a user sounds good!

0 voters

1 Like