Okie Trae's Garage Grow round 3 - CMH Edition

Fat leaves and tight internodal spacing. These 500w cmh are incredible.

6 Likes

Final two pics is my banana mac, I believe is male. First couple are my vixen that are showing what appears female preflowers. Can I get a second set of eyes on it? I’m a bit blurry due to the covid fever. I’d appreciate ya greatly. Also started foilar feeding daily until I can repot with fresh washed coco

2 Likes

2 Likes

so plants what are they doing and how old ? :wink: share the love we are stoners and

we have a short term memory thing going on now :wink:

tell us more

Dequilo

2 Likes

I would watch it for awhile, until it develops a bit more. They can be deceiving at times.

Culled another male this am. He wasn’t hard to spot. I may veg these out a little longer. Not that they are growing slow by any means.

he was about 8 inches taller. Wasn’t hard to find him, but poor fella has to go. Ladies only this run.

I’ve topped and defoliated some due to the fat fans they carry.

Today I will be setting up stands. Decided to finish these off in a 5 gal Dutch bucket setup. Also found a cut of orange cookies mac. I ran 1 clone last run and it was a banger. Wish I would have cloned it last run. Wont be making the same mistake twice.

4 Likes

Lol sorry, currently have covid and it’s been a struggle to find the energy to do more than just water the plants lol. No fever or anything, just zero energy.

2 Likes

Plants are entering their 3rd week of veg. Theyre all getting bushy. Tight internodal spacing and I mean tight. They seem to love the cmh. Culling males and weaklings, I’ve brought my plant count down to 20. I’ve started topping some, will begin taking cuts in another week possibly. Made the switch back to roots organics soilless. I absolutely love this mix.

2 Likes

also started checking out hempy buckets rather than the dutch style… anyone have experience with hempys? bottom 2" perlite, coco mix on top? was thinking of running 1/2 pvc from the drain hole at the 2" mark to a central collection bucket… I have a 50 gal res and a couple pumps i can use for the drip system.

1 Like

Well they’re getting bigger by the hour. Roots are starting to come out of the bottoms of the pots. Will be putting these big babies in 5 gal hempys. Will be firing up the 4th cmh soon.

5 Likes

a time or two

they are painless drill a hole fill with perlite and vermiculite grow weed :slight_smile:

and the plants grow like crazy good way to get your feet wet :wink:

only advice I will give do not over think it

they are suppose to be easy do not make them hard

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

4 Likes

nice! definitely gonna go this route… will just transplant as is into perlite/vermiculite mix. I’ve got the 50 gal res i can run my drip irrigation from. Also have a 27 gal container for runoff res, and a pump to push it outside. I can finally make use of my short cycle timer lol.

30 degrees outside. Everyone knew what was going down.

5 Likes

The one plant I’ve switched to hempy seems to love it. I gave a lil recharge at transfer. The roots on this plant had already filled the 1 gal container and I had to carefully guide the roots out of the bottom drain holes, due to them attempting to escape. I held the plant in the center of the bucket with its roots hanging as I slowly filled the 5 gal. Got it packed in nice, and gave it the nutes until I seen run off. Checked this morning and it’s still holding slight moisture on top but not much, so I fed until light run off. Will water less once I’m sure my roots reach the res.

@dequilo my friend you are correct, super simple. 1 bag perlite, 1 bag vermiculite, added a little of the roots soilless mix up around the base of the plant. Ive seen the coco hempys setup, and i figured i might as well use what soil i have. i bought everything lowes had in stock when it came to perlite/vermiculite. lowes was by far cheaper than local grow shops on these 2 products.

4 Likes

it is super simple :slight_smile: that plant I posted is growing right along

I only feed it very third or fourth watering with Jack’s Classic 20-20-20

general purpose fertilizer at 1/2 teaspoon per 2 gallons of water

have no clue of the PH and my water is hard as a brick here

Lowes is not bad for thing but I have found if you have a wholesaler

like Griffins Greenhouse it is much cheaper

they will take of

those are buds

if mine will come back I have no doubt yours will :slight_smile: you treat your plants nicer

than I ever will :wink:

all the best in you grow and I cannot wait to see those big colas you will

have soon enough

be safe and grow well

Dequilo

1 Like

i went ahead and topped the rest… lots of pre flowers coming out here and there… some still underdeveloped… think im gonna go ahead and make the flip soon. with 20 plants i should yield enough to keep me happy for a bit… my daughter is due in may so i need to have everything finished or finishing up around then.

2 Likes

Update. Gave all the plants a top, removed some fans blocking light. Will be upgrading 4 more to hempys, due to size constraints. I want to flower atleast 25 plants. I have a 10x10 grow area with 3 315w cmh and 1 500w cmh. I have plenty of light to grow em. Not looking for monsters but if I can pull around 3-6 ounces a plant I think I’ll be okay for a bit.

Will be flipping in a week.

7 Likes

4th lamp is up, will be powering on later. Need to get all the timers synced up and programmed. 24/7 to 11.5/12.5.

Will be lowering the lights down to 24" and powering up the 500w to full power from 400w

3 Likes

@dequilo looks like one of the hempy plants has hit bottom. Tons of growth. Ridiculous amount actually. (Lighter blue bucket)

2 Likes

7 Likes