Oni's 2nd grow. Continued

Zelda is throwing out new white hairs all over the place now. Some buds have started at every spot. Others have started a new tip growth next to the old one.

Amanda Definitely looks unwell to me :sweat_smile: otherwise she looks pretty good aside from whatever she’s doing.

Babs and penny both look great today. They bulked up again it looks like.

Johnny is surprising me here. He’s a trooper. Bugs is dead now. Seems like a fairly natural death. He fully drooped and dried out.

The potatoes though holy fuck they got big❤️

Zelda

Penny

Babs

Amanda

Johnny

Potatoes

4 Likes

The smaller buds have dried enough to go into a jar. We still had little fluff to them. After drying they got a little less dense. Curing should help fix that problem. The stems on the tops are still too wet feeling, so they have more time in the bag to dry. 1 week for smaller buds and so far going on 2 for the larger ones. Not a bad timeline.

I got 32oz ball jars. They had smooth sided ones, so I got a pack. I want the Amber ones though. I saw a 4 pack for 10 and almost got it for the UV protection alone😅

Edit: I also added the smaller tops I originally let stay in because they wouldn’t fit in the 1st jar. The big tops still feel wet on the stem almost if I try to snap the stem on bottom.

7 Likes

Pics from earlier I didn’t get to upload. Initial smoke test on Zelda is promising. I passed out :sweat_smile: that hasn’t happened in a long time from so little. I can’t wait to smoke it once it’s cured properly

6 Likes

Babs is falling over and is officially a purple yellow shade to her leaves instead of a shade of green. She’s supported by the basil conveniently. I checked her trichomes and she’s clear and little cloudy on the lowers. I see Amber head on the very top in the pics, but with all the white hairs she’s throwing out now I’m not sure she’s ready to be cut down just yet.

4 Likes

I dunno. Sounds like Babs may give you no choice and chop herself down. They’re looking pretty good :+1:

2 Likes

I peeked in the tent after I got off work. Tomorrow will be a proper update.

She’s still intact and being held by the basil. As I enjoy using them in cooking I’ll be keeping up my herb garden learning as I go. Apparently potatoes come easily :joy: I just LITFA. A lot of LITFA. I don’t even water. The rain does that for me. I’m being told that my cilantro beats anything in a store easily. It’ll completely overpower the tent smell if I cut any LoL :joy:

As for the Lucky’s they’re both looking like despite the pistils they’re maybe making it this last week at best anyways. Anything I can do to ensure any nutrients are fully used up and not stuck in the soil.

Sadly I wasn’t able to water today. I had forgotten that I worked all day today and for some reason thought I was only working the night shift today😅 oops. I’ll water tomorrow morning instead. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it. I got off work too late to do it tonight. They’re asleep now and I’ll wake them if I do anything other than use the observation window to peek at them.

3 Likes

Was babs a clone from a photoperiod or was that from an auto? Like how come she’s not really growing normally. I’ve wondered this for a bit lol

2 Likes

I dont know if i missed something, read it wrong or what. Might be both, it is friday night. But if your thinking it’s still a bit damp and the stems wont snap, it definitly isn’t ready for jar curing mate. Hang it in a cupboard for a few more days. Apologies if i’ve misread something. :blush:

4 Likes

They’re doing fine in the jars. Honestly stem snap or not is irrelevant. When they start curing that’s all a waste of time as the stem regains moisture and all the drying ends up a waste of time and energy. I’m not hanging these buds. I’m 100% not interested in mold risk in this weather :sweat_smile: it’s 80% humidity outside/inside nearly every night. That bag is the only reason they are still drying and not back to day 1. The stems I left out to dry from Tulip are back to damp/wet stems again. They were almost completely dry 2 days ago.

I’ve just learned not to overdo the drying stage. Too much and you’re smoking wood. Too little and you are smoking it too green no matter how well the cure. The last 2 harvests have been absolutely disappointing in flavor and smell. I’m tired of the black pepper phenotype😑

2 Likes

Babs is from seed. Lucky 7 strain. She’s in a small pot with another plant. She’s stunted. This is normal. They won’t grow any larger than they have root space to allow. Think of it like this: when they grow roots they try to match that growth above the soil. Large rootmass makes a large plant. Small rootmass makes a small plant. she was kept small and flipped into flower at the soonest point after showing preflowers.

Edit: :sweat_smile: I just realized you may have been talking about Amanda. The tiny crazy looking one right? If you meant her yes she’s an auto. Last seed from the auto fem mix @ReikoX sent me awhile ago. Now only Crystal Candy auto seeds left to pop when I have the time and resources to do it. For now they’re being kept in a tin in the fridge. Amanda was meant to be a micro grow. She’s probably going to end up getting chopped soon anyways. If she keeps this up she’s going to kill herself anyways.

2 Likes

Zelda is officially working on new buds now. I’m not sure what to do about that😅 I jarred the rest of the buds into another jar. Finally starting the curing process.

Amanda looks to be stressed or something. Should I lower her down a bit?

Babs is looking very close to the end. Her colors are beautiful :heart_eyes:

Penny is looking like she’s got a week at most left anyways, so the 20th is a perfect deadline for her if she should be left alone still.

I watered all the plants today in place of yesterday :sweat_smile: my bad I forgot with everything going on RN.

The potatoes are getting huge now!:heart: One small section is the size of my hand and that was the entire size when they started to grow faster before. They seem to double in size every few days.

Johnny is getting swallowed completely, but they don’t seem to be too terribly bothered by the shade.

I’m pretty sure the basil is revegging now😅 those leaves look interesting…

Amanda

Babs

Penny

Zelda

Johnny

Potatoes

2 Likes

First shouldn’t be stunted, and while this is true for root mass = plant size, when one is not utilizing anywhere near the full capacity of their pot its gonna keep them small and stunted regardless, and that is more grower/grow related than the plant just being small.

And thats referring to babs,penny, and your amanda plants.

4 Likes

Lmao at this :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
I was just looking at all my Celery plants thinking to myself "I laughed @OniTenshu with his potato fetish, now what would he make of this " :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
There has to over 200 seedlings growing in my tubs. I’ll post a few pics tomoz.

3 Likes

Celery is delicious :yum: natural floss or not add some nut butter and dried fruit of choice. Mine is peanut butter and golden raisins.

2 Likes

Nut butter :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: that doesn’t sound to good :sweat_smile:

I actually do that sometimes with peanut butter and raisins :wink:

2 Likes

Ants on a log. Childhood callback

2 Likes

Skinheads on a raft was mine. (Beans on toast) :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Babs is keeping herself up somehow.

Now all the plants are making a lot of new pistils. They’re looking really chunky now. It seems like even though she’ll(both Lucky’s) give me very little she’ll give me quality on it.

Zelda is looking like she’s going to give me another couple ounces after drying.

Amanda is looking like she’s possessed by a demon or something. I’m getting a daedric vibe off her. She’s just missing the black and red coloring.

Penny

Babs

Zelda

Amanda

3 Likes

Watered all the plants and lowered Amanda as I’m pretty sure that’s heat or light stress. Whatever it is she’s getting some distance today. I’m off to work now. No pics this time. No time to go in. It’s an hour walk to work and I work in a hour.

Edit😅 OMG I’m an idiot. I thought it was Sunday and I watered 2 days in a row ugh. Work has me burnt out this week. I work in 5 hours. I can relax and regret my actions now that I’ve had my morning coffee

3 Likes

I skipped watering today since I did it Friday and Saturday like a dumbass.

3 Likes