Oni's 2nd grow. Continued

I got a smell off of the trim jar and it’s exactly like carrot cake. Cream cheese buttercream frosting and all. Zelda’s jars are starting to smell like carrot cake as well. @ModicumGenes you said the Mother smelled like caramel and cake or something right?

3 Likes

i sure did. it had a caramel smell or sweet syrup smell

3 Likes

That definitely carried through. I get a caramel sweet smell with the carrot before I get the sugary sweet frosting smell. It’s absolutely delicious smelling :yum:

3 Likes

5 Likes

@MomOnTheRun you said the 20th for the Lucky’s is the deadline? For me that would be in a half hour. The plants are asleep currently and now I’m just waiting on the day to chop them. The white hairs stopped overtaking them and they seem to have swallowed it up and bulked up a bit. I’m glad they didn’t surprise me with the shit Zelda is doing. Lights are staying on as long as Zelda keeps this up. She’s making a decent amount of new buds now. I have no idea what’s she’s doing. No sense to me. She wasn’t making new white hairs outside of a couple of those lowers before I chopped her mostly.

3 Likes

Yeah, they appear to be pretty done now though take them when you want… sometimes, i’ll get busy and completely forget I am at the end of flowering until after the plants are half dried - sucks for trimming and getting the next set flowering though works out in my low humidity environment jarring them up after 12 hrs or so after cutting instead of bagging and hang

Looks like she is giving one last go to mature those buds. Honestly, she looks like she is close to finish up if not already

3 Likes

By “one” do you mean the plant or the grower? It seems that my current grow does not care how much space is left in the pot, if she reaches bottom she gets moody. I have accepted it as hypersensitivity, but now I wonder if there would have been something I could have done differently.

2 Likes

Honestly at this point I think some plants just are genetically small. That or the ones like that throw a tantrum when they hit the bottom.

3 Likes

After going in this morning every single pistil is white today on Zelda. If she didn’t pull this move is have probably pulled her with the Lucky’s, but that level of new growth mist be respected. I’ll let her do what she’s trying to do. The couple of smoke tests have shown that Zelda is the plant I need to smoke to keep sane at least this week. Pics will come in a few. Phone on 11% as I didn’t charge it last night.

1 Like

I’m wondering if that’s a thing. @SpikPT has one that might be doing the same outdoors and I came across another posting here recently, I forgot to bookmark it though. I watched quite a few microgrows before I started one and from that I only expected it to stay small (that was intentional), not to show all sorts of signs that look like over/under-watering/feeding.

3 Likes

It could be the pot maybe if salts are collecting on the pot. I’ll have to head in your grow journal and check out the progress to get a better idea, but in the end I’ll just be guessing until I learn to read the plants properly.

3 Likes

It will take a lot more grows for me too I guess. Sorry for derailing your thread. :innocent:

2 Likes

I think the problem is in genetics really. So I had 8 plants all in really similar conditions, and both girls that were ahead of the others, got sick when they reached flowering time. They were the same strain too, so it may be a strain related problem. What I can say is that they definitely outgrew the canna professional soil that I had added to the spot and they reached the native clayish soil there BUT the others also outgrew the soil for sure and they are just fine. So I can’t say it was due to the lack of good soil or a certain nutrient but that specific strain or just those 2 specific plants needed something more. I guess the only way to avoid a similar problem is to use a bunch of good quality soil, in a outdoor spot with better native soil and go full organics so they can choose what they want to eat.Good luck with both your grows :wink:

3 Likes

Calling it on the Lucky’s. Turns out they grew bananas. So one less week on future grows with the Lucky’s. Noted.

Zelda had been given the middle spot to soak up as much light as possible in the last bit she’s going for.

I raised the cob light all the way up to the highest it can go about 36" above the canopy at least a few days ago. I definitely noticed a better leaf response when it is higher. They get heat stress or eat the leaves faster when it’s 24" above the canopy.

2 Likes

I ment both, as there is limiting factors to each, Sure genetics play a big part and a lot of plants when they sense they have hit a wall persay kinda slow up as they work out if they need to go around, through, or even if said root space can support them. User side though, if say starting plants in jiffy pellets and autos more specifically and one leaves transplanting too late and or also doesn’t remove said mesh, the plant is just gonna say screw you and will try its best to utilize what its most easily can.

4 Likes

I had a feeling that the nursery bags may be blocking Taproot growth. It let’s water roots out easily, but that seam definitely keeps the Taproot stuck. On harvest I’ll pull the bag out of the soil and see what the roots look like. I should have enough to last me until I get more cured. After I get my teeth pulled in around a week or so hopefully my needs will lessen as well and those 3 jars would last me until next harvest and so on.

3 Likes

A lot happened over the last few days. But with Zelda throwing out all these pistils idk how much longer she’ll be in this stage for. I thought she’d already be finished bulking up by now, but it’s looking at the pace closer to the beginning of flower.

I’m 90% certain that there isn’t a way to do a reveg but with budding instead. It’s even affecting the branch I didn’t touch and all of them are just throwing out new growth everywhere.

I took pics last night to compare to this morning for color and to see if anything is more obvious

3 Likes

Last night for Zelda. I let her sleep long enough. After work tonight she’s getting the chop.

I’ve double checked too and those are purple patches where she started to fade purple and the orange hairs causing a illusion that there’s budrot😅 I panicked after I saw the pics initially and went in again with a flashlight to be sure.

6 Likes

Mixed up the rest of the compost with the spent soil tulip and all the clover were growing in. Once I get home today I have the next 3 days off work to focus on chores and tasks I need to do. After that I’m mixing in Zelda’s soil to the mix and once it’s in a good spot I’ll add it to the potatoes outside. No competition for roots in that bin. It started out like that to give a boost before I buried the seedlings for the boost to the potatoes as mild as it may be. The original plan was delayed :unamused: I fell asleep once I got home last night.

Amanda I haven’t even looked at with all the rain this week. Last I saw her she had some time left to grow outside. It appears I did my job right and killed most of the mold spores around my house. I got my family to get on it too making all mold risks cleaned with harsh chemicals many times over before I scrubbed the area with both bleach and acids to get anything stubborn outside of extremophiles gone.

Pics will be once I’m back home.

2 Likes

No harvest pics this time sorry. It was done for me when I was at work yesterday. I trust them more than me for a gentle touch for sure. I can take pics of her trip job though. Once the air is settled I’ll make the last post to complete the journal.

I processed the soil and roots just now and Zelda’s Taproot wasn’t that long, but damn if it didn’t get thick😂

The roots were so fibrous that any soil I processed I was tearing apart audibly. Seemed like I was dealing with 50/50 soil/roots. The bottom of the soil became a root cake.

Seeing Zelda’s roots I can only picture the 3 gallon she started in.

I’m off to finish working on the soil and adding what I can to the potato bin.

2 Likes