Oozle's Indoor

Whatcha got cooking? :eyes:

1 Like

Alien Rift by Ocean Grown Seeds and Slurricanes (IHG). The slurricanes were gifted to me by a friend and the Alien Rift is my wife’s favorite strain. I’ve grown at least 50 different strains and Alien Rift is still her favorite… so hopefully this one is worth keeping a mother from.

3 Likes

Well, it sounds like she certainly knows what she likes! Slurricane is a nice strain - I’ve enjoyed it in the past but never grown it. All the best. I’ll be tuning in!

1 Like

F24.

Balefire (Oreoz x Plat Kush) Katsu - Back right in an earthbox
Ethiopian Flame x Sky Lotus - 1 earthbox, two 7-gallon containers

Everything’s going well. I’ve been picking fan leaves and a couple bud sites that weren’t making it to the top. I super cropped the Balefire (back right), it slowed it down and helped the height for a few days, but she is still taller than I wanted.

My next batch of seeds are going. I have Alien Rift (Ocean Grown Seeds), Slurricane (In House), Pinball Wizard (SSH x Wookie) (Bodhi), Dragon Temple (Temple x Dragon Temple) (Doc D), and Cherry Chem Soda F2 (Jaws).

The Rift and Slurricane were started in paper towels about 5 days ago. 48 hours later I moved them into starter plugs. These will be moved to a DWC cooler in a day or two. The Alien Rift is my wife’s favorite strain. The effects help her migraines and calms her anxiety. It gives her a “helmet” effect where she feels like she is wearing a helmet. I only am planning on flowering 1 female, but hopefully it is something I can keep around. If not I will go through the rest of the pack later this year.

The other seeds were started in cups of water with h2o2 two days after the Rift and Slurricanes. 18 hours later I moved them to starter plugs. These will be grown in coco or soil, I haven’t decided yet. I am aiming for 2 females of the DT, PW, and CCS. Once these get into flower I will probably make separate diaries for them, but for now I’ll do my updates here. The Cherry Chem Soda beans were huge and I thought I was going to have to scuff them, but they are doing just fine, you can’t see them but they are about to break through.

12 Likes

Ooh! I’m excited to see how those turn out for you. I grew a couple Pinball Wizards, really good high, but I wasn’t thrilled with the flavor. I’m pretty curious to see how that ends up tasting for you. And the couple Temple crosses I’ve grown were some of my favorite weed ever.

I don’t know anything about the rest of that stuff, so I don’t give a shit about those… haha! Just kidding.

1 Like

that is great to hear. Seeing your and others’ reviews on the Temple and SSH pushed me to go that route vs 2 Jack crosses.

lol. I try to mix it up, but always tend to like my Sativa dom strains. I have very high hopes for the Cherry Chem Sodas.

1 Like

Yeah, I just looked up the genetics of that hybrid, it sounds pretty interesting. Or the AK47 and Chem parts do, anyway. If you don’t like that one, I blame it on the Fruity Pebbles haha.

1 Like

One of my favorite smokes I used to get up here was Ace of Spades and that has the Black Cherry Soda, so I have been looking for a cross with it for a while. I don’t think I’ve ever had anything with AK in it.

I grew a pack of the Jilly Bean Black Cherry, but I didn’t have good luck. 1 female out of the pack and it wasn’t a great plant.

1 Like

I was going to wait until tomorrow to move the Alien Rift and Slurricane to a reservoir, but I had time today.

I put some nutrients in the water to help stabilize the PH. I am hoping these can stay here for about 10 days and then I’ll move then to their forever homes.

EC .6 - Remo Magnifical, Micro, Grow 2.5ml/gal, hydroguard and SLF-100 1.5ml/gal.
PH 5.9

5 Likes

F32.

The Balefire loves the light. It keeps leaning right into it. It’s super frosty. My regret is I raised the light 6" before I left for my trip and she exploded in a few days. The super cropping slowed her down slightly, but not enough. I couldn’t get a great picture, I could turn the light off but meh.

Bad news for the EF x SL. The front 2 plants are popping nanners and the front right plant had a couple pollen sacks. I am going to keep plucking and looking out for any more male parts throughout the next couple weeks and see what happens. I don’t see many darkened pistils and I could probably get away with harvesting the front two plants by day 60… so I will look at my plants everyday, pluck away and hopefully keep the pollination to a minimum.

Luckily I didn’t give any of these seeds out. I am hoping it is the Ethiopian flame I used vs the male. Not sure what pissed them off, maybe it was the heavy watering for my trip or defoliation. I checked for light leaks before flower, but I will do it again before my next run.

These seeds were made while I was making my sky lotus f2s, so it was a small pollination to get a few dozen seeds to see what happens. Bummer, but that’s why I wanted to test them out. My next pollination will be with tested males and females!

Ethiopian Flame x Sky Lotus

Red Sap trait. I didn’t see any male parts on this one, but it is hard to get back there. Some darkened pistils.

Balefire

Thanks for reading.

12 Likes

Here we have 5/6 Dragon Temple (Doc D), 5/5 Cherry Chem Soda F2’s (Jaws), and 5/6 Pinball Wizard in coco. I’ve been watering once a day at EC .9 (450-480 PPMs) and PH 5.8-5.95. I am switching to watering every other day now that the coco is nice and buffered.

In my DWC res I have 2/2 slurricanes and 3/3 Alien Rifts (Ocean Grown Seeds). I finally have some roots coming out. I need to change the reservoir today/tomorrow. This res is about 8 days old. EC .8 PH 5.8-6.1.

The coco plants are 3 days younger then the DWC. Once those roots hit the water in DWC they grow quick, so I am hoping to flower the DWC plants in about 3 weeks and the coco plants are probably 30 days out… depends on what I do with my 4x4 tent.

11 Likes

What final size pots are you planning on using for your coco run?

1 Like

3 gallons. I’m hoping to transplant out of the solo cups in 2-3 weeks and give em 7-10 days in the 3 gallons then flip to flower. I’m aiming for 6 females (hopefully 2 of each strain) for my 4x4.

2 Likes

How much weight are you expecting on avg. per plant? Just curious…:eyes::slightly_smiling_face:
I plan on running 6 x 1gal pots and hoping to pull 35-40g dry. It’s also easier to manage…collecting run-off and moving them around. I ran 3gal before.

2 Likes

2-3 ounces is a good goal I think. I’m happy with 16 ounces out of the 4x4. I am worried that 6 plants are too many and I should only run 4-5 because I have a tendency of letting them go a bit, but I am going to see what happens.

I did 1 gallons before and they were 40-60 grams per pot but they dry out so fast and a couple of them weren’t the best looking at the end

3 Likes

6 x 3gal sure sounds like a lot for a 4x4.
Wishing you the best bro! :v:t3::slightly_smiling_face::herb:

2 Likes

Thanks. I am not looking forward to all that watering and run off either… maybe I split the difference and go 2 gallons :slight_smile: . Good luck with your run.

2 Likes

I haven’t really taken any shots of the balefire, so I wanted to add a couple and a pic of the whole tent. Balefire is in the back right with the legs in an earthbox.

F35. Balefire (Oreoz x Plat Kush) Katsu.

She is really frosty. I am worried she will get a bit burnt being so close to the light. I’ll try and move her out of the center of the light. The lighting on the pics are a little different as I used a different phone, this one isn’t as good.

Balefire

11 Likes

Baby pics. 7 days since my last update on these.

Coco plants: 5 Dragon Temple (Doc D), 5 Cherry Chem Soda F2’s (Jaws), and 5 Pinball Wizard.

14-15 days since they popped thru starter plugs. A couple look stalled out. I’m thinking it’s from a PH swing from not buffering the coco before transplant. 1 of the smaller PBW I cracked the stem by dropping it during the transplant, but it looks like it is finally putting on size again. Feeding EC 1.0, increasing to 1.1 today. PH 5.8-6.0. Remo - 4-5ml/gal magnifical, micro, grow. 1.25ml/gal armor si. SLF-100 given every couple days.

DWC: 3 Alien Rift, 2 Slurricane.
EC 1.0 PH 5.8-6.1. Remo - 4ml/gal magnifical, micro, grow. 1.25ml/gal armor si. 1.5ml/gal hydroguard and SLF-100.
These look ok. Some deficiency, but the roots are growing well. The Alien Rift has the classic rift leaf curling. Cool to see.
Another few days and I will move each strain to its’ own 5 gallon reservoir and I will flower 1 of each to fill up a 3x3. Hoping to go to flower in 14-21 days.

9 Likes

F42.

Just about 3 weeks left.
The Balefire in the earthbox has been business as usual, water every 4-5 days. It’s still getting beat up by the light a bit, but it’ll make it.

The EF x SL’s are doing well, plucking/looking for nanners everyday on the front two. I fed the plants in the 7-gallons twice this week about EC .8-1 doing feed- water-water-feed using Botanicare bloom. I won’t feed anymore this grow, only water for the rest of the way out. I started to see some deficiencies (N, K) on the front left plant and wanted to give it a little gas to make it to the end.

Earthbox (red sap trait)

Front right

Front left

Thanks for having a look.

10 Likes