ORP H2O2 or HOCL in RDWC

As a two year old newbee, I jumped in the deep end, I must admit. Being in Africa, I dont have the luxury of buying things online, as and when needed. I researched for over a year, chose the grow style that I though fitted my situation, looked at all aspects of what I would need and ordered EVERYTHING, one time and had it shipped to me, One top up order was needed 6 months later, lol.

So here I am with 3 grows under my belt, 4th in Veg. I have 2 x( 8 bucket13Gal systems) ALL CCH2O Systems in a 10x10x11 tent. Epicenters outside the tent along with 13 Gal top up Res and chiller for each system. 4 spectrum King 600W Leds.
I have learned plenty and I have decided to chill and slow things down.

I have 4 plants in a 35Gal tub in a 8x8 with one 600w led in the centre and 2 x 140w Leds on the sides as side lighting. I built my first SCROG trellis with PVC pipes and fishing line ( I may bolster with 3mm nylon rope) later.
ANYWAY< my reason for joining !!!

This experiment is precisely about DO and ORP !

My theory was about determining the exact amount of 35% H2O2 to keep bacteria down and Oxygenation levels Up.
I got an ORP meter and found out that it is not affected by h2o2 unless deadly quantities was added.
My RO water at 0ppm and 6Ph measured 270mV after lots of h202, it only got as high as 325mV. Intersting note (the drinking water I have delivered to my house measured ORP of 340mV, lol).
So I am currently looking at Calcium HOCL (locally available) and, possibly an O2 generator…to be continued.

On the DO side, though I have an air pump and 12Inch circular micropore diffuser, I was thinking of having a pump take water out from one side of the tub and reintroducing the water back on the top of either the other end of the Tub or in the centre. This is with intention of not using a chiller. The purpose is that I have always suspected the CCH2O system is flawed, my eventual goal is to not take anything out of the 8 bucket RDWC systems but merely add a second pump that will take water from Epicenter and distribute to each bucket as top feed for waterfall effect to supplement air diffusers, and hopefully take them out all together.

Has anything I said, made any sense???

Cheers

BTW!!! I copy and pasted this from another thread.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Here they are recovering from a little (too much) super cropping. Ill scrog when they recover

3 Likes