Paintedfire studio šŸ”„ šŸ–Œ

CLEAN, BRIGHT, TIGHT!

2 Likes

Tell me the light setup. How many? How large is that tent. Trying to get a handle on it and I cannot.

2 Likes

No problem. Itā€™s a 4ā€™x8ā€™ tent. Thereā€™s 4 light units total. Each unit uses 315w and is built to illuminate a 2ā€™x4ā€™ area. If my understanding is correct this setup gives me about twice as much light compared to the same wattage as HPS and has a more even spread.

These lights donā€™t emit infrared light like the hps so when the light hits the plants it doesnā€™t blast heat onto them raising the leaf surface temperature which means I have to run a higher ambient temperature of about 85 degrees to achieve a good leaf surface temp which is awesome because the temperatures with that wattage levels off perfectly around 85f in my basement and I no longer need to run AC which is nice for the power bill savings. :raised_hands:

12 Likes

Itā€™s proving to require dialing things in some with the environmental changes. Not sure whatā€™s exactly happening here but itā€™s common for whatever reason that they sometimes require more calcium and magnesium under led lighting. Anyone know? Iā€™m talking about that light green on the higher up leaves.

13 Likes

Itā€™s typical with LED grown plants to need some more calm or mag but Iā€™m not sure the causeā€¦ Looking that that could be the issue with those, as good as they lookā€¦

How far into flower are they? Like 40 days or so? How much are they eating?

5 Likes

Maybe my perception but itā€™s almost like there is a lower concentration of chloroplasts in the leaves that are higher up, as every time i give them a bit more distance, tuck some leaves, or flop over a node to be lower it all greens right up.

So possibility that the newer growth just canā€™t handle the levels were throwing at them.

But honestly i really donā€™t know.

7 Likes

Jake. Considering all of these things youā€™ve said about me which are flat out lies in attempt to gaslight me and ruin my reputation I canā€™t possibly imagine why you are trying to help me and offer me advice?

With that being said I respectfully ask you to stay out of my thread as I wonā€™t be responding to anymore of your posts.

9 Likes

You wanna be that way fine. But leave the tank in the tankā€¦

I was giving advice. Think what you want bud, but Im not here to gaslight anyone. I donā€™t even know what the hell that means.

Btwā€¦ donā€™t know anything about ruining your reputation

3 Likes

Yes, you are giving them twice the light but the same nutrients. I would bump up all the nutrients a tad or, as Mr.S suggested, raise/dim your lights a bit. There is such a thing as phytotoxicity. :+1::seedling:

8 Likes

Is phytotoxicity and light bleaching the same thing? Do you think thatā€™s the cause?

6 Likes

Light bleaching may well be a symptom. Usually phytotoxicity looks like a nutrient deficiency. Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s the cause. Calcium and magnesium usage tends to increase with the increase of photons.

7 Likes

Thanks ReikoX. Iā€™ve backed the lights off a little bit as per recommendation of other multiple other users. Perhaps I should back them off a little more.

5 Likes

Yeah I think the lights were definitely too close and intense, pushing the plants to the max. Itā€™s been less than 24 hours but with the lights raised it just looks like a healthier amount of light to my human eyes.

Thanks to everyone who offered me advice on these regards. :vulcan:

11 Likes

You listened. Do not give more CalMag for a bit. Hope you went up to 25" or so.

You got nothing better to do, hit us with some nice pics man! Watching your run here, interested in the lighting, got to get away from my heat producing HPSā€™s. Plus, your tent is about as sexy looking as tents get!!!

4 Likes

Can you walk me through your tnet set up???

2 Likes

Thanks bro. Iā€™m not sure what more there is to show other than the lights and fans. I keep the duct holes open on one side where the intake is because the exhaust fan sucks the tent walls in a little too much for my comfort. and I have a big carbon filter with an 8" canfan on the other side for exhaust.

I destroyed the floor thing that comes with the tent because Iā€™m a dumbass and I tried washing it in my washing machine. :smile: I wonder if they sell replacements anywhere?

11 Likes

LMAO

Happens!

I wanted to see the lights closer, figure out how they go on the 'rail" , how much head room was needed, how many wires running everywhere, can you adjust each ind light, put more or less on the rack to cover more or less footageā€¦that kinda stuff.

I have no clue on the new wave of lights, LEDā€™s , but they sure look cool, and from the looks of those plants, certainly throw plenty of lumens down.

3 Likes

https://rapidledca.com/chilled-logic-2-x-4-led-grow-fixture/

I am still trying to convince wife that I need the 4x4 ones. Maybe this fall. Haha

5 Likes

Good LEDā€™s look dimmer to the eye than HPS but they are bright to the plants - it takes a while to get used to it. The plants are getting enough light when the light appears dimmer than HPS on the canopy. I learned this by bleaching the bud tips on a few crops.

HPS has a ton of yellow/orange/green where the eye is most sensitive and white LEDā€™s have more red & blue where the plants are sensitive.

9 Likes

Thank you sir! Nice clean set ups.

3 Likes