Paonia Purple Paralyzer seed run "CLOSED"

This whole thread is a journey. I have real limited experience with Cannabis so I’d never even heard of this strain before, and yet here I am absolutely captivated by these plants. They’re like cat pictures you can eventually smoke.

3 Likes

They should, It usually takes around 3 weeks of 14+ hours of light to trigger revegging. You will see your plants grow a set or 2 of weird leaves, theycanbe smooth edged, all curled and wrapped around themselves, or whorled to name a few ways I’ve seen them go at the switch back point. Since they are mature they will continue to grow single calyxes at the branch union points, but don’t worry its fine. After the weird leaves your growth will explode. Every calyx from your last flowering that was left behind will produce a branch. So if you left a small bud, it will explode into a cluster of branches from that spot.

7 Likes

That’s really cool info, thanks.

2 Likes

No doubt!
I was going to, still will harvest the bigger mtf’s, and leave the smaller ones to do just that. So glad to hear. My neighbor, The most hated one has c.s.and sts to make fem seeds with. I’m glad he isn’t a Hater.

2 Likes
7 Likes

From @lefthandseeds:

This is what I use now. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

Edit: The thread is about dry ice hash, but it works for pollen just as well.

3 Likes

I use that pollen shaker and love it. Works very well. It’s easier to collect pollen in a larger bowl, but the screen on that is a good size for filtration of plant material.

Usually a sock + carbon filter blocks most of the pollen. If you are feeling paranoid, a MERV 8 furnace filter will block pollen. You can cut it and rubber band or zip tie it on the exhaust inlet or outlet, and I put it over the intakes on my flower tent now as well. They’re fairly non-restricting at that MERV level, but pollen is fairly large particle and easy to filter.

If you branch pollinate, just don’t make the mistake of leaving fans blowing on your girls. :man_facepalming: I did that last time. I still make dumb mistakes. :joy:

After a day, I’d recommend misting all of your pollination sites with water to deactivate the pollen to keep the unintentional spread down.

14 Likes

Thanks @lefthandseeds , like with all plans I think I have changed mine. I may just leave these plants to do their thing and avoid manual pollination. I will collect some pollen for other projects but I think I will just leave the males and females together and let the fans do their thing. I am still debating moving one female to save for smoke but not sure, my 2x2 tent really has no room for them. This may just end up a total seed run with 3 seeded females and some collected pollen. With all the seeds I end up with there is always the ability to run them again if I want bud. Just means more seeds for OG :slight_smile:

16 Likes

So the work is done. New tent set up with Viparspectra light and Infinity Cloudline T4. Moved 2 plants into it for now just so I could put some stuff under that light. Will move them into tent with males as I go and have an open pollination. Got my pollen shaker, dehumidifier and sonic toothbrush ready to do some collecting of extra pollen. There they are just before I feed them, they just woke up.

30 Likes

Great work Doug!

2 Likes

I’ll be interested to hear what you think of the test light. I have 3 Viparspectra lights. BTW - your babies are beautiful. :green_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks bud, fingers crossed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. I have high hopes for this light honestly, it’s the only reason I agreed to test it. I have not heard many positive things about Viparspectra over the years but have never tried one. I hate speaking of things with no first hand knowledge if I can help it. The thing looks great to me spec wise, seems to have real good build quality and is using components I feel can compete well in the current market. Time will tell but so far I am impressed. It’s like the Mars kit I am testing. I want to be able to point folks to working gear that won’t break the bank. I bought a really expensive HLG for my main setup but I am confident you don’t need to spend that kind of money to achieve your goals.

6 Likes

The first light I bought was a Viparspectra. Of course, I was misled into thinking it was a much more powerful light than it was (Which I’m not a huge fan of) but that’s partly on me. That said it was an OK light. Not good enough to recommend, but good enough to give away to someone for them to grow 1-2 small plants under. Still slightly overpriced for that, but it had good parts to it too. So it sounds like you already have a reasonable skeptical optimism about it, which is what I would say is par for the course.

4 Likes

I think the Viparspectra folks have stepped up their game recently. Their old blurple lights were not the greatest. I am also not a fan of deceptive marketing practices. It’s used to sucker people who don’t know better which is usually ever new person getting into growing. This new one is rectangular so works well in a 2x4 and gives 30 watts per square foot using Samsung 301b diodes and an HLG Meanwell driver. Now that is just what’s on paper, whether or not it performs well only time will tell. If it does poorly I am more than happy to show that, just want to give it an unbiased try with an open mind. Sink or swim, it means nothing to me. Honest reviews help everyone though so I figure why not give it a go.

10 Likes

I recently purchased the 2500 for a 2 x 4 tent. According to the specs I should also be able to flower with it at 18"- 24" inside of a 2 × 4 .
But I also run atm a 1000 viraspectra for veg and I can’t pass 75% without burning and deficiencies. I haven’t had a problem with this light, but have yet to flower with em.
I’ll watch what you do @DougDawson

4 Likes

In my 3x3x6 tent I have a pro series P1500. In my 2x4x8 tent I have (2) high efficiency pro series P600. They are side side by side.
I won’t clog this thread any further with light chatter. :flushed:

2 Likes

Say what you will, thread is here to converse as well as show the grow:) Your comments on any subject are welcome.

4 Likes

Great looking grow Doug!
Those fans are HUGE!

Interested to see how the Viparspectra lights work out.
I’m running 2 of their units in my 4x4 for veg - a VA1200 (265w) and a TC600 (270w).

Their new units look really nice - following along!

1 Like

Good to have you along brother, it’s been fun so far. The new light is nicer than I expected, I have high hopes it will perform well but either way it will happen here live for all to see. The PPP were really light sensitive but they grew out of it.

4 Likes