Paps runs BOG , Lefthanded seeds, Orange Goji ,Oregon Huckleberry, and useful seeds Octopot style

Looks great! I am anticipating some leaf coloration on those once they’re mid-late flowering. If your temps are near or below ~65 at night, I’d be almost certain of it. But perhaps even at any temps, it would still happen. We’ll find out, but the PH shows purple and the Black/Blue Leb often shows black, so odds are good.

11 Likes

This is just getting better and better lol :joy: love to see the colors come out
My temps can drop over here so we shell see
They do look at and healthy
Paps

7 Likes

Along for the ride Paps!

I’m looking at switching up my soil and you see to be loving promix. Anything I need to be aware of with promix? Other than no nutrients in the mix?

3 Likes

There is different types of pro mix the hp is high porosity with mycorrhizae and perlite is what I am using now
Last run I used the pro mix BX it retained way too much water most Octopots peps use the hp

I thought :thought_balloon: for my moms it needed more perlite
I do like the HP better
Some promix comes without the mycorrhizae or perlite also check out which one the shop has before you buy

11 Likes

so do I add a bit more perlite and vermiculite

and it all good :slight_smile:

kinda like hydro in soil-less

be safe and great thread

Dequilo

9 Likes

The only ProMix I’ve found in stores is labeled “All Purpose”, not BX or HP. I’ve only found a few references to this variety and there appears to be a version in Canada that contains nutrients, and the version I have (in the US) which has no nutrition added other than the myco.

It contains some perlite but I add more, about 2:1 ProMix:Perlite. I also add a little EWC and lime.

When I first started I was mixing equal parts ProMix, Coco coir, and Perlite. I think the Coco was stealing all the CalMag, and having to rinse was a pain. My plants haven’t suffered since I dropped it and went all ProMix.

6 Likes

@BarefootAndBlazed thanks for stopping by
In my area 1 local garden store only has the BX and I found a new place that carries the HP which I see most of the Octopot users seem to use I did go straight out of the bag this time seems to be just fine so far

Peace
Paps

16 Likes

This is what they carry at a local Menard’s store. It’s a Midwest chain. Their inventory is sort of a cross between what you’d find at Home Depot and WalMart.

15 Likes

I’ve seen this in smaller bags at Home Depot cool

:+1:

5 Likes

Just picked up my bag!

So when watering do I treat this like hydro with a 5.8ph or 6.0+ like soil.

1 Like

I try to keep my pH at the lowest a 5.8 too the highest about 6.2

6 Likes

You water from the top when you transplant into the Octopots. Do you add any nutes or just ph’d water? And I think I remember you saying about half gallon?

5 Likes

I do add mutes about 280 ppm under 300
And 1/2 gallon does the trick :+1::+1:

5 Likes

@ifish @GramTorino @ct2003viper @cdnBuddy
HELP
I got some questions for you DYI light guys
I need some supplemental lighting in the main tent
Here’s what I was thinking I saw a web site with all there kits and parts so I tried to put something together the site is https://atreumlighting.com/products/ara-20-led-light-bar
And here’s a drawing an a parts list so if you guys know about this stuff cause I don’t

I want to build a frame with the California lightworks light in the middle and the light strips on either side
I believe what shown in the drawing is about 100 watt in power
Ideas please
I think this would make a good Christmas project

One correction I will by the longer rails and place the lights at 30 inch mark

12 Likes

Yeah that looks legit, lm301b’s and cree xpe’s, it’s basically a samsung f-strip with some diode’s swapped out. Looks like it comes prewired and has a heatsink for not really much more than it would cost for you to diy the strips too, maybe save $10 so I’d say it’s worth…

Not sure how many you would need though.

8 Likes

Thanks buddy I know nothing about this and electric scares me :scream: so I need all the advice I can get

I was thinking of doing 2 light bars on each side
I would need to up the meanwell driver but may be over kill

3 Likes

If you like building stuff go with DIY instead.

You can pickup 3 different lengths of LED lights to suit your build and may let you place them more evenly around the sides. My last build was also a 100watt build just for clones/seedlings and wasn’t too hard to build.

3 Likes

@cdnBuddy
this was the first place I saw that had the parts so I really would like to see if I could find a 3 foot light bar for either side and may be increase the wattage to 200

4 Likes

What’s your tent size?

3 Likes

Yeah if you went with 4 bars, each bar is 60w max, so the hlg-240h-54a driver would work nicely but will only dim to 120w(50%). If you want to wire in a pot to the driver, you could get either the 54b driver(pot only) or the 54ab driver(built-in dimmer that goes to 50%-100% + pot that goes 0-100%) and it’ll dim from 0-100%.

Again, you could diy the strips, but doubt you’d find any with the cree’s in them, and you’d only save ~$10-15 per bar.

4 Likes