(complete) Sheelavathi Seed Run

Yeah osmocote has been around longer than I have :joy: & it’s pretty universally found in commercial horticulture & office parking lot landscapes :laughing: so it must have some value :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just using salty water temporarily— moved to a big new rock :volcano: without much dirt. :desert_island:

— just wanted to testify on the dyna gro since I have only seen one other OG member use it. It was recommended when I asked for an idiot proof 1 or 2 part liquid feed when trying out DWC.

Back to sheelavathi

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Been using and recommending Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro for decades. Nothing new except to those first exposed to plant nutrition.

2 Likes

have use that nutrient with sucess - like their root stimulator - now it’s retired for a while - running Humbolt County’s Own at present

1 Like

This carefully engineered “ya need 5 parts, pardna” stuff is why I have not nor will not grace these cheese dicks with my greenbacks. It is SO predictable with these cons. Nutrient Calculator - Humboldt Countys Own : Humboldt Countys Own

What a frickin’ gimmick…right down to the “flush” drill. Save The Flush for the John. Nutrient salts such as potassium nitrate are immediately broken down into ions within the plant. There is nothing to “flush” out once you fertilize.

I’ll put up my smooth, sweet smoke of my newly cured Cann. Lapis Mtn. indica which got 5-6 month release Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor Plus and nothing more against other home growns any day who flushed. When you “flush” you are inducing premature leaf drop which deprives the plant of carbos, aka “energy” right when it is needed the most.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but sheesh!!!

UB

5 Likes

Not to worry, can’t hijack this thread as i could care less what is discussed as long as it’s fairly civil!

10 Likes

I’m the same way. You’re free to discuss whatever you want in one of my threads. Osmocote, my favorite plant food - easy peasy, complete - #37 by Motaco

7 Likes

Thanks for your information !!! interesting. and Noted When I flush I use FOOP Sweetner (5 organic sugars which is just 7 days But in the pas have used this with good results with taste, ect - Have bought Alaska Fish fetilizwe at W-Mart a good line also Sorrry never heard of Osmocote

1 Like

Nor have I heard of FOOP Sweetner. One’s legitimate, the other, hmmmmmmmmmm. :smirk:

2 Likes

Just some additional information. I googled osmocote and tobacco and it is pretty commonly used on tobacco crops, so it is safe not only for edible consumption but combustion as well.

3 Likes

made by Organic BioScience - they do have a full lineof nute also

Of course. Osmocote contains salts of the highest purity/quality, or I wouldn’t bother. Great value too, and there’s none of the Mike Lindell (My Pillow) type hype that always goes hand and hand with cannabis specific products.

Uncle Ben

3 Likes

if one were to grow these and it takes 12-16 weeks after flipping until it finishes, when is that in real time outside? in other words, when do the plants think the lights flip? i mean it starts sooner than the equinox, but how much time is needed to register as a flip? the lat is 38.6 or so where they will be growing. i never had to think about it before, but i wonder if i have enough time to do them outside. i may be able to get mid-october if the weather holds.

1 Like

Mid Oct won’t cut it, you are looking at a Dec finish ……,

2 Likes

i figured mid november, but it was a guess. how does the plant register the change of light? i mean, the equinox is sep 21 or close, but how much over 12 does it take to flip? 12 1/2, 13, etc? i know that when we used to grow pot outdoors when i was young, we would camp out and catch them when they flipped or as close to it as we could to yank the males. i recall always doing that in august, not sep because school hadn’t started yet. that points to right about 13 1/2 hours between sunrise and sunset give or take a few minutes. if they were showing sex in aug, and it takes about 3-4 weeks after the flip to show sex, then the flip starts in july, giving me enough time to finish. i have no idea though which is why i asked the question. i do have a friend who lives in cali and would maybe have a shot at finishing one or two outside.

edit: i just counted and even july would last until nov, so it wouldn’t have time no matter what. unless i could cover them with plastic for the temperature drop.

This varies per strain but in general most strains start their internal clock and start flowering with about 13 hours of light

1 Like

i’m gonna try to trick one. i really want to grow a 12 ft plant. i also live in wv. i’m gonna throw a tarp over it in july to knock out 2 hours of light and get it to flower early. i wonder if it will work.

1 Like

@Oldjoints I’ve noticed that after I’ve vegged my plants in my growroom and take them outside no matter the time of year, they start to flower. I live in Southern California. Any idea of why that happens to me?

1 Like

A lot of times when you have indoor plants on 24/7 or similar and are already a few months old the abrupt fewer hours of light will kick them into flower. Most plants will go back into veg but this does take away from their growth.
To combat this you can put them out when they are only 1 month old at the right time and they usually won’t flower on you.

4 Likes

Look up light deprivation. It’s used to mimic early dark periods

4 Likes

Should start flowering around mid August for you. You’d have to force flower a bit first, starting mid July or so.

1 Like