Pinkleberry f6 seed run **closed**

They look super happy today. Did some minor defol. Growth has picked up a ton. They got 12 hours dark last night for the first time. Cranked the light up to about half way. I’ll keep turning that up every couple days til we blinding them. Absolutely stinks when I open the tent. Very happy with that. I have a feeling if we went another couple weeks in veg they would have grown exponentially. Just a thought for future considerations. Obviously outdoors you guys will have a nice long veg opportunity for them.

13 Likes

They really do look super happy, very cool.

3 Likes

Should I be expecting pollen imminently?

I have reconsidered based on recent changes and may dust a bud site or two selectively on some other plants I just flowered. I figure #4 makes sense as a fast flowerer in an otherwise quite homegenous group. How do I go about collecting some? What maturity level do I want for the receiving fems? After stretch? Right after?

8 Likes

Around 3 weeks into flower, when they look like this is good

Then again a week after, when there’s more new growth and white stigmas that pop out, to maximize seed production.

4 Likes

Perfect, thank you. I have a couple weeks to get some collected for that purpose in that event.

1 Like

Collecting pollen and preserving it for a later pollination may add issues. Sometimes pollen viability can decrease quickly if not applied fresh. An open pollination will ensure success.

Also many times the second fastest showing male is selected as sometimes selecting the fastest can encourage more autoflowring traits to show up in further generations.

4 Likes

Thanks, good to know. Just to be clear the pinkleberry will be open pollination. I’m just trying to make a few seeds on a couple fems that are stretching currently.

5 Likes

And still a bit out before pollen. There will be a lot of male development.

1 Like

Totally understand now. Deffinetly suggest reading the second link and utilizing the methods suggested there, if you have other stuff ready to go. Once the pollen drops just run a cutip in it then go to your other plants and rub that on some pistils.

2 Likes

Male flowers.

0d4ceeed67c4a9d9d80d7b169580dd7dcac6eda2_2_666x500 136d5b9a72627b06c043e6cc1f05e29716e969ae_2_375x500

10 Likes

That’s what I thought, about being a ways off, but then I see them opening up. I’ll just hang tight and watch lol.

Thanks for the links and info my friend.

4 Likes

No problem at all, the balls will get bigger and then change angle more downwards then open up. Typically. Every stain has its one slight differences.

3 Likes

Alright y’all. Meet the ladies (7)

And the dudes (3)

Thoughts:

first off these things are super homogeneous. Not much difference to find. But truthfully I’ve been kind of ignoring them until lately because they were bugging me. I just shut the tent and forgot about them for a couple weeks lol.

4 6 and 11 are your males. 4 is sweeter to 6’s spice…not peppery…but spicier…still sweet overall not getting “berry”. 4 I can definitely see the “berry” description as apt. Maybe the other aspect to the scent, also sweet, is the “pinkle” :yum:.
11 is weaker in scent. But most different.

Diving into the females momentarily.

Oh yeah, females are taller than the males in general and the tallest plant is female…my first time but that doesn’t sound normal.

Ok I lied. It’s bedtime for the pinkle crew at 4. Had to put them away.

To wrap up my current thoughts on the males; 4 is winning. I like the branching and structure the best. Most solid of the 3. It was the first to show preflowers (which I recently learned may not be ideal). Has the most purpling on stalk and leaf stems (not sure what if anything this means but it’s something different I can see lol). Did another stem rub on all 3. 4 is my favorite right now. Seriously, if you baked that smell into a :pie: it’d be on.

Forgot the picture to show what I was talking about above

I’ll take a look at fems tomorrow.

19 Likes

Nice update bro.
Looking choice!

1 Like

Thank you my friend. Having fun with these again!

3 Likes

I was pulling them out to take a closer look at the females and I see this on 4

Then this and this
Also this
I collected the pollen from the leaves on a q-tip and rolled it around the pistils of this lower bud of a critical bilbo fem.
See if it does anything

9 Likes

Pulled everybody out today. Male flowers growing like crazy. Forgot to photo that. Fems are barely pushing pistils for the most part but all IDs are correct. Don’t need the loupe anymore lol.
Are these things supposed to come out pink. Or do they color over a period of time? They are all white for now, but again, just popping.

Fems look good, best these plants have looked. This milestone is broken daily. Pretty sure at this point we started with abnormally hot soil. May have impacted early growth. I still have not fed them anything…

Males are catching up in height. Makes sense I’m blasting the hell out of the taller ones (females)

Definitely a few different smells on the females, overwhelmingly sweet as a whole. 2-3 were noticeably different though. I’m gonna give them a bit to develop some personality before I try to group them or describe in detail. I think I will try to break the seeds down into some sensible groupings a, b, c or same, oddball, oddball…whatever makes sense if anything presents.

Edit: lol nvm I scrolled up and forgot about last week.

13 Likes

In my experience strains that change colour have done so for me at some point after the stretch of the flowering cycle

5 Likes

Nice work… those plants are looking juicy!

2 Likes

They supposed to turn pink as they mature.

The plants look very good well done.

At this point and if this was me.I would get the males into the veg room while the females start flowering. In about 2 to 3 weeks introduced them in to the flowering room together with the female plants.

Obviously you can do both simultaneously and I’m sure you will get some pretty decent amount of seeds and still collecting pollen for future projects.

Anyhow I’m sure you will do fine mate.

6 Likes