Pips disappearing

They did not delete any pips really, @LemonadeJoe changed the algorithm. He did this so it would be harder to get pips and it gets progressively harder the more you have. When he did that the system recalculated everyone’s account and corrected the number of pips they had according to the new algorithm. He had to do this once before due to a members pips filling up the screen or at least that’s how I understand it.

10 Likes

This is LJ’s quick explanation of it -

Looks like DD was breaking the system :rofl:

6 Likes

We’ll put the whole system on trial!

3 Likes

You can’t handle the truth !

4 Likes

I prefer lies with elements of truth so they are undetectable.

5 Likes

3 Likes

i mean… that’s what I always do…

= = =

pips

8 Likes

13 Likes

mutley2

4 Likes

I keep pips/karma as a tribute to the original Overgrow. It’s something that was revolutionary at the time and reminds me of ~shabang~'s great programmer abilities and visions.

Is there interest among supporters in having a feature/setting to hide the pips from being seen by others?

Perk for supporters: Would you like a profile setting to hide your Karma ‘pips’ from being seen by others?
  • Yes
  • I don’t care

0 voters

14 Likes

No one would use that. Wait you hide your pips or they ignore all pips? I keep many vestiges to old times .

4 Likes

I was on another grow site that had them. Didn’t have private messaging. They took them away. For me they show trust. At first that is. I seen where they were abused. Some of the members that had a lot have been banished for wrongdoings. Doug I trusted in him very much so because of them. It does show a trust level. For me I know who I trust. In the beginning I was very nervous about trading seed or gifts. I noticed I lost some. Not worried about it. Everyone likes to be liked. I do notice that people hang around certain topics just for them. Like I said people want to be liked. A big ok will do.

7 Likes

He was the man. Trying to think of his name. I remember Dorian Yates. I could be wrong. He was a monster.

1 Like

Well in that case, the pips didn’t lie :wink:

6 Likes

You know it my friend. I know we had several conversations. Doug I do trust you very much so. You’re a good member. Don’t know how to paste part of a comment. lol
@lefthandseeds was my first person I was gifted. I believe I deleted my account a few times because I was nervous. lol
Doug you’re a very kind person. Peace my friend.

5 Likes

It’s been a pleasure knowing you brother, glad you stuck around. You are a great member of the OG community my friend and we are all lucky to have you. :v:

7 Likes

I’m just song how many pips I have. I was gone for months. Also, that’s Dorian Yates up there. Haha Went into many confused high-school and college males rooms with Yates, Cutler, Coleman, and Arnold posters up.

Edit: Damnnnnn. Low on the pips. Haha

2 Likes

Damn, here I thought I was starting to get somewhere with mine and they done disappeared. At least now I know I’m not losing it.

2 Likes

Was at a 12 and was like ok then i went down to 9 so 3 out of twelve aint bad I guess.Its not how big your Pip worm is its how you wiggle it i guess.Now everyone is going to have a Pip Stick measuring contest and see the green weeny from left side of the screen once you see it you cant un see it :joy:

2 Likes

“sharp as a sack of wet mice”

2 Likes