Plagron seed booster

It’s good to have a depth of horticulture knowledge outside of cannabis. I myself used to be a botanist for the forest service… was a certified arborist for 7 years and have degrees in forestry and natural resources. Even a basic knowlege of organic chemistry, biology, and general lab procedures proves to be invaluable when growing temperamental plants.
If you want a challenge try growing torch cactus from seed, it can be done but requires near perfect conditions to be maintained for a length of time. This is why most cacti are propagated threw cuttings.

3 Likes

Just looked up mbferts and first thing i seen was their whey product. I’ve said that greek yogurt is a super food for plants forever. Whey is basically the same thing. I’ll have to check out their other gear. Another great additive for plants is brewer’s yeast. If i still grew in soil I wouldn’t need most the additives i have.

1 Like

One interesting and challenging aspect of tissue culture is that each strain needs to have a specific protocol developed for it. There has not been much success in creating a protocol for cannabis tissue culture that works well with all strains. Nature is complicated. I’ve seen alot of landrace seeds that when taken outside of there native area have a hard time growing. Most likely they are picky and need a specific auxin ,enzyme,etc to germinate properly due to its existence in there native area.

2 Likes

Plagron is the shit… I use Power Roots and couldn’t be happier!

3 Likes

Altitude may also be a factor.

2 Likes

So the bottle i purchased from over seas is still wandering around in transit hopefully to arrive some day.
On a positive note I just received a free box from the local plagron rep that contains the seedbooster plus and some other nice bonuses.guess I got a Valentine’s gift after all lol, love testing products.

4 Likes

You have any really old seeds you’re going to try it on? I might grab a bottle if you have good success with it.

2 Likes

I actually do some that are about 15 years old and 5 or six that are from around 97 I have labeled as fruity weed from dude at the college lol I’ll definitely run side by side comparisons when I do but I have two indoors two achieve before then. I’m going to start using it on half of what I germinate though for comparison on all upcoming projects and will definitely post the results. Turns out to be a pain in the ass to get your hands on I’m talking to the us distributor about potentially stocking small amount of it as it’s the only product of there’s he does not carry.

3 Likes

I got some plagron nutes at a hydro store once. I think there might be some brick and mortars that carry it, but unfortunately the plagron store locator on their website brings up a 404 page.

I’ll keep an eye out for your results. I don’t mind spending a little money on an effective solution. Old genetics are irreplaceable sometime.

3 Likes

Any final results on this product?

2 Likes

I’ve used it on a few different sets of seeds over the last couple years and it seems to have some small benefits in regards to over all vigor of the seedlings but I have not tried it on any of my older beans yet. I’m wondering if what I have is still good considering how long ago I got it.

2 Likes

Any idea of the ingredients?
I think 100ppm BAP would be a bit much…
But, I wonder if that is what is missing from the Gibb. formula for sprouting?
You know to hold back/counter the strength of the Gibb.
I have also used Brassinolide in place of Gibb. with better results.

Have you tried the hormones by themselves or just in a bottle?

1 Like

I’ve diluted it as directed , ive also put it straight out of the bottle onto the seeds and no harm was done , those actually may have been the strongest ones.

1 Like

Build-a-Soil has a "germination "solution also — Hope your product works well – with the price of seeds at times something is needed - product seems a bit pricy, but if it works - worth every penny !! Keep us informed

Would malted Barley from a brewer store if made into a strained tea help germ old beans?

1 Like

What is the price on the plagron ? I was sent a few bottles and some other stuff if there’s for as free samples.

I’ve germinated old seeds using alfalfa sprouted seed tea. Grind the sprouted alfalfa seed with some clean water. Strain liquid with coffee filter and use tea to germinate beans in paper towels or soil … whatever your style.