PNH's Greenleaf Nutrients 2 Part Formula Grow Show

I talk about my process for cutting clones and taking them through veg in preparation for my ebb and flow buckets in another thread. But the bottom line is that I use GH 3 Part Flora Series (and RO water & Cal-Mag Plus).

4 Likes

@WhiteHotAfterburner I’m getting around 630ish PPM (500 conversion), which equals between EC 1.2 - 1.3

3 Likes

We’ve seen the success I had with 3.5 gallon ebb and flow buckets, but while I was growing in those buckets, I also had some larger ones growing in 5 gallon buckets. In fact, I posted the following within this thread:

Well, if you knew me, you’d know that I constantly push to find an easier, more efficient and less expensive way to do almost everything as long as it doesn’t sacrifice quality results. So, with that in mind…

I just finished another @GreenleafNutrients Mega Crop 2 Part grow. This time, I used two 5 gallon buckets filled with hydroton for the plants, I used a 5 gallon bucket for the reservoir and another 5 gallon bucket as a control bucket. I was limited with my available floor space, so I stacked the buckets. Here’s what it looked like (this photo was taken after I had already began to harvest these plants, which is why they don’t look huge in this photo):

You can see I have a black grow bag on the reservoir bucket. That was to keep out any possible gnats - and it made it really easy to open up and add fresh nutes daily.

You can also see there’s a little water under the control bucket. This was caused by a root blockage in the feed line. Here’s the culprit:

The 2 plants (JOTI’s Black Candyland):

Plant 1 about 5 weeks before she was harvested

Plant 2 about 5 weeks before she was harvested

I took 4 days to trim these 2 plants. Here are various trimmed bud shots:

So my setup is simple, cheap to replicate and cheaper to operate. The results:

Plant 1: 364 grams (13 oz’s)
Plant 2: 251 grams (8.96 oz’s)
Almost 22 oz’s

The amount of floor space this grow required is minimal. The amount of light it required is not huge. It was situated in the space between my 2 grow lights, so neither plant ever had a grow light directly above them in 12/12. I haven’t done the math to figure out how much I spent on GLN nutes, but I can promise you it was less than $7.

10 Likes

Love this thread. :grinning:
I’ve got megacrop 5-12-26 part A & Megacrop Part B. Forgot who was doing this exactly but plan to do 321 method and see how it goes.

I used to use the Orginal megacrop but wasn’t very happy with it. But you guys are Killin it. Fantastic looking buds

3 Likes

Thanks, @CADMAN!

I never used any GLN products until they introduced this 2 part Mega Crop. I’ve been using it for almost a year and have had pretty good results. But like with any nutrient line used in a hydro environment, how it does in the warmer summer months is very important. I don’t use a chiller or AC, so I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that I don’t have any issues over the next 4 months.

5 Likes

Excellent report and weight off the plants . What length of veg time did they receive?

4 Likes

What megacrop 5-12-26 grams do you use during veg ? I’m thinking 1/2 g per 1gal every feeding (every 3 days or so)

3 Likes

Good question, but I have no idea. However, they were removed from this container. Each site is only 2" in diameter, so the plants/roots weren’t huge…

I don’t. I use GH 3-Part Flora Series for cloning and veg.

6 Likes

commenting so i can read this in entirety later. you know your shit and i enjoy your content.

2 Likes

Thanks very much, @204medismoke :blush:

1 Like

cant believe i missed this thread, seriously under appreciated thread, thanks for posting @Purple-N-Hairy, about to go research ebb and flow buckets some more now, was pondering upon my next venture into hydro and was considering air injected hempies once more, i think ebb and flow might be the ticket for me.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Chronickyle! My ebb and flow bucket setup is inexpensive to set up, and if you use the same nutes, extremely inexpensive to maintain. But on top of all of that, it’s suuuuper easy to manage. I definitely recommend it, so if you go with a similar setup, I’ll be your personal customer service agent!

3 Likes

Definitely am going to have to pick your brain, did you have any thread recommendations where you have shown your set up in depth? I have a good understanding of hydroponics and am running some aeroponic veggies at the moment and an aero cloner and have played with dwc but am green as baby shit when it comes to ebb and flow

2 Likes

I probably show more of my setup in this thread than any other, and I’ve never done a tutorial on it. I played around with several configurations before I settled on what I have now. But it works, so I’ve stuck with it since around 2006 or 2007.

The only significant change I’ve made is with the nutes. I used to use the House & Garden line, but now I use what this thread highlights - Greenleaf Nutrients 2 Part MegaCrop. I honestly don’t think it’s a good as the House & Garden line, but it’s a small fraction of the price.

The minor change I’ve made since I first settled on this basic setup is the bucket itself. I used to use 2 gallon buckets throughout flowering, and placed the rooted clones in the hydroton inside the bucket. Now I usually use the net pot lids, which requires far less hydroton, and makes cleaning it up after each grow a whole lot easier.

3 Likes

Thanks! Im going to read this in depth a few times and take notes and write down questions.

2 Likes

You will not be making a mistake using @Purple-N-Hairy’s thread as a guide!

It, and his guidance, was very helpful! tup

WHAB

4 Likes

Very good read. Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

hi dude, i don’t see the aeration unit, don’t you need the air pipe and air pump?

Hello @jiangzq18, and welcome to overgrow! I’m not sure if you were asking your question to me, but I don’t aerate my reservoir. I’ve placed a pump in there to help with mixing in the nutes, but after that, I pull the pump out.

When you get a chance, you should check out the “Introduce yourself” thread and tell us about yourself and your garden, and let people get to know a bit about you.

yes dude i don’t see a trachea or any other aerator in these pictures