PNH's Greenleaf Nutrients 2 Part Formula Grow Show

You’re welcome, @Purple-N-Hairy tup

Thank you for that guidance. How about these (potentially 3)? Would this be sufficient?

And, yes, I do have some time and had planned to keep on eye on the site - thank you!

smoke,
WHAB

2 Likes

That’ll work. I just used an old 5 gallon bucket with lid for mine. Put a bit of rice or something at the bottom as a dessicant too.

For ease of mixing I take a large amount of dry mega crop and make it into a concentrated liquid. The amount I use works out to 1.25 grams of mega crop in 6ml of my concentrate. Much easier it measure and mix that way.

6 Likes

Just one more question, if you don’t mind?

Do you mix them 1 to 1? Or do you make custom mixes?

I used to use Supernatural nutrients because there wasn’t any mucking around with ratios. Throw it in the reservoir, stir it up and throw them in, whether it is their Vegetative or Flower nutes.

I’m hoping you’re going to tell me that you just add equal parts of either, mix them together and throw them in. winky

Thanks in advance, @Purple-N-Hairy tup

smoke,
WHAB

3 Likes

I’ll take “none of the above”!

The bags have the feeding schedule for the 2 part formula on the back, and it’s really simple:

Early Bloom:
A - 2.5 grams/gallon
B - 2.5 grams/gallon
Bud Explosion - 1 gram/gallon

(Mid to) Late Bloom:

A - 4.2 grams/gallon
B - 1.8 grams/gallon
Bud Explosion - 1.5 gram/gallon

For the record, @WhiteHotAfterburner, I included the feeding schedule in a number of the updates, so you can see when I made the change if you review the thread.

5 Likes

You’re right, @Purple-N-Hairy … I didn’t go through the entire thread closely. I normally do. I was taking a shortcut :wink: My apologies.

In my own defense, I’ve been a body in motion of late :wink: The website " Using the 2 part system of [Part A 5-12-26] and [Part B 15.5-0-0] almost any nutrient combination can be made for all stages of a plants life, suitable and customizable for any crop type as well!" had me cutting to the chase.

I will go through it more closely.

Thank you! tup

tup,
WHAB

3 Likes

No problem - and no need to go through the whole thread. Follow the rates on the bag. I up the Bud Explosion level once I see that all of the buds have shown themselves, but are still young and small. I did it around week 6 in this grow, but I do it a bit earlier now; between week 4 and 5. Here’s what the buds looked like in this grow:

10 Likes

Wonderful and beautiful!!! :+1:

Thank you!

smoke,
WHAB

4 Likes

I’m going back through this - more closely this time winky

A couple differences. I’m not running a Light Rail. I’m on “softened water” :man_shrugging:winky

Man, I’m about to pull the trigger and it’s hard! The smaller quantities are not available right now.

I’m going to need something when I change the res out.

25lb A&B + Shipping is $114.96. Damn! shocked ROFLMAO

I am hoping to throw something outdoors so that quantity won’t only be for indoors.

But, DAMN! ROFLMAO

I am going to read the rest, though.

Thank, @Purple-N-Hairy ! tup

smoke,
WHAB

3 Likes

@WhiteHotAfterburner, although I never mentioned it in this entire thread, I didn’t change out the nutes in the reservoir until I started the flush! I never did this when I was running the ultra expensive “House & Garden” Aqua Flakes and supplements, but I tried it with this inexpensive stuff - and I had no problems! So part of the reason my cost and usage was so low for a 30 gallon reservoir is because I didn’t empty it out every week. Instead, I just added 5 gallons of freshly mixed nutes when it needed it. I also added H2O2 every 3 weeks or so to ensure nothing unwanted was growing in there.

If you’re in a hurry, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. But you do have another option for buying less: they sell on Amazon. It’s more expensive than their website, but at least you can get the smaller bags and spend less than the price of the larger ones.

2 Likes

I was going to change out the res because I have Supernatural Veg nutes in there. That’s the only reason.

I’m not in a hurry, I just put them in the Ebb&Gro buckets Tuesday. I just want to be ready when the time comes.

On Amazon it’s shipping included in the price. And, I did place my order.

tup, @Purple-N-Hairy - Thanks!

smoke,
WHAB

2 Likes

At what %? The 3% or the 35%?

tup,
WHAB

2 Likes

I do 1.5 to 2 tsp/gal of 3%, but you can use the more concentrated and do a little math.

BTW, your (softened) water is completely different than my (RO) water. If your results are not looking good, I would investigate this as the primary issue.

2 Likes

I assumed the 3%. Thank yiou!

And, yes, I mentioned softened water because that is one of the differences.

I regard my water as Well Water (hard water here) and adjust pH.

I forgot to mention, I’m also not running C02. Maybe in the future though.

tup,
WHAB

2 Likes

Hello @Purple-N-Hairy , Good morning.

Hey, I mixed up a new batch last night - a Veg mix - 1.5 grams per gallon of Part A and 2.5 grams per gallon of Part B. My EC meter is telling me it is EC 2.0 (1000ppms).

Is that a number you are seeing for that stage of growth? 1000ppm seems rather high…just from what I know about when I previously grew Hydro (some time ago).

wavy,
WHAB

2 Likes

@WhiteHotAfterburner I’ll let you know in a few, I’m using RODI water so it’s accurate.

2 Likes

Hello @anon5325009 wavy

RODI? Reverse Osmosis Deionized?

smoke,
WHAB

1 Like

@WhiteHotAfterburner Yes

RODI = 0 EC/PPM

2 Likes

Roger that! I had never seen it expressed in that way.

Thank you! tup

smoke,
WHAB

2 Likes

@WhiteHotAfterburner, as @anon5325009 does and as you know I do, I use RO water, too. To that, I add 1.25 to 1.5 tsp/gal of Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus. However, I’ve never used MegaCrop 2 Part for veg, and I’ve never bothered to measure the EC or PPM, and I have a nice Milwaukee pH/EC/PPM tester. I’ve chased numbers around many times and I tend to worry more about pH.

2 Likes

Hello @Purple-N-Hairy wavy

Yes, I went back through the thread and noticed you never mentioned a Veg mix. But, I know you must feed them something in Veg which prompted my query winky Surely they don’t leave the ladies to fend for themselves, I thought to myself! smokeit2

Thank you, @Purple-N-Hairy !

tup,
WHAB

2 Likes