Punks Not Dead

Hi camaradas > Some Green Fast Mex >

Dry Kick > 55 views

KFC brain >>> From Belem do Para >>>

1 Like

This one is for you mate @Budderton

10 Likes

This thread is right up my alley. I started with bands like Minor Threat, moving through punks roots into Ska and eventually its roots too. I worked for Eddie Numbskull from Numbskull productions when I was a teenager and a runaway. For anyone who might recognize that… im sure it’ll bring back old memories. Good times indeed. Anyway my newest favorite is this:

8 Likes

Good to see you in the pit @RomulanGenetics I’m a huge Propagandhi fan too, I actually posted that track above I think but it’s that nice post it twice I say.

Keep those knees and elbows up

4 Likes

Shit, I’m going blind already… :+1:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks to you, my family got to listen to my old ass belt this out, in my best Jello voice, during my shower this morning!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1: I was inspired so I left them all a little bit of art on the bathroom mirror when I was done!

Thanks for taking me back to those good old days @FattyRoots ! :peace_symbol:

4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

The good thing is you have plenty of wiggle room doing Jello’s voice. Jello is the man and I have no issue with his singing but he’s not exactly a crooner. I always thought he sounded a little like if the dude from the B52s got pissed off.

6 Likes

Now I just wanna hear hello singing “love shack”

5 Likes

Can’t get you there but check this out. The part at the end where “blood rains from a lacerated sky, everybody’s having fun” is the best :laughing:

9 Likes

Hahahaha! :rofl: I saw the 52s a decade or so ago! I can totally picture that little freaker doing DK songs! :joy:

4 Likes

Man, I saw that post and was like,”Shit… I don’t think I should listen to this…” but did it anyway. “Reign In Blood” is one of my favorite albums of all-time and “Raining Blood” is probably my second-favorite track on that album, after “Jesus Saves.” I think you mighta just ruined that album for life for me haha! I’m afraid that every time I get to that song, I won’t not hear the,”Eeh oh” background singers now…. Haha.

Must… forget… Slay 52’s version… of “Raining Blood…”

6 Likes

But everybody’s having fun!

2 Likes

You guys want to hear B52’s huh? This will have to work.

6 Likes

I had to google to see if this was true :laughing: I’ve read Ray Manzareck’s book and at least one other Doors biography and I think this would have been mentioned.

Although I saw them perform as “The Doors of The 21st Century” with the singer from Vanilla Fudge fronting them and Fred Sneider might have been an imporvement. The VF singer dressed/looked/acted exactly like Morrison on stage but he sounded like shit.

3 Likes

I know. It’s not real. It’s Guttermouth having fun. The song’s called “What If?” :smile:

2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes