question on drivers

So I have been searching around my home for a few Meanwell Drivers I know i have somewhere yet apparently they have grown legs and shown their selves the door. The only drivers I have been able to find are a few Meanwell LRS-350-24. To keep things short and sweet for some reason i cannot decide if using said driver is going to be way to much for a few 24v Rigid LED strips. The driver does have a dimmer switch built in I was also planning to add a separate dimmer switch just for ease of use. Anyway Im hoping with the insane amounts of knowledge that is on this site someone would be able to give me a simple easy quick answer so i can get these strips up and going and move on to figuring out how to make a grow tent haha. ( On a tight budget this month obviously but who wants to not grow…) Thanks for your time and consideration and any help you can bring to the question!

2 Likes

Not sure the specific spec on your strips so not 100% sure , those drivers seem to be voltage adjustable yours specifically from 21.6-28.8v and can run up to 14.6a, so you would be setting your desired voltage for said strips and then the current draw will be whatever is needed to run at that voltage.

Strips would obviously be running in parallel but how many that would be determined by the specs of the strip and what power level your running them at.

Arbitrary example of say a 560mm Bridgelux EB3 strip
Typically at say 19.1v it would consume 700mA to run at that voltage.
Now if the voltage bumped up to say 19.5v the amperage goes up to around 1a.

this can all be measured with a multimeter if you dont have specs for your strips, ideally you start low on the voltage and work your way up to an acceptable level.

3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle seems to have things well in hand here.

Might I suggest trying Inventronics drivers.
Most folks that are really into LED have told me they like the Inventronics drivers better and they are more reliable to boot…So I am told…LOL