PLEASE HELP - LED strips and driver?

can somebody assure me i am buying the right led strips and driver please.

baiscally can you explain to me why on ledgardner all the 5x5 use 2 drivers not a 600w driver. reason i am askign is i am building mine to fit both 3x4 and 4x4 spaces as i need the versatility. my dimensions were gonna be 30"x48" approx. i was gonna use in a 3x4 flower space eventuall move it to a 4x4 and after that a 4x8 using two of these… please advise:

10x Samsung F-Series LT-FB22B 4′ https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=SI-B8V521B20WW
1x meanwell HLG-600H-48B
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/mean-well-usa-inc/HLG-600H-48B/1866-2581-ND/7704139

**my issue is this uses 2 xtra strips than the sample 4x4 build on led gardner and will require a second driver or a bigger drever. i decided to look at their 5x5 builds to see which driver if i wanted just one, but they all use 2 drivers. i would rather use one per light if feasable.
so is there a reason i should not be doing this single driver for those 10 strips? also can i get away with aluminum channel only no heatsinks with this build? if so how thick for the aluminum? mytemporary closet flower room runs pretty cool now with around 600w real draw of mars hydro lights(4 in total) and too hot with my 600w hps to give you folks of the temp situation. basically i should be fine temp wise in the room, just wanna know if there is an issue with build itself

5 Likes

So running a 600 watt driver on 10 strips that are each running at 46 v and 1.12 amps your total load is 515.2 watts so you’ll be over driving the led strip and generating more heat at the expense of efficiency. Solution is run 12-14 strips on the 600 watt driver and they will run cooler and more efficient. You can run your aluminum channel as a heatsink with out issues.

8 Likes

thank you sir. cpl quick questions tho since i’m thinking 12-14 is overkill when i use it in my 3x4 space so are you saying a dimable driver with this setup and dial back 12-14 strips as opposed to running 10? if some why not just use the pentiometer with the 10 strips on the 600w? lastly would the suggested 8 strips from ledgardner cut it in flower and should i stick with their build as oppesed to add al these xtra strips for a 3x4 to 4x4 space?

1 Like

Running the extra strips gives you better coverage in the tents. If you run 12-14 strips dial back the driver in the 3x4 tent. When you move up to the 4x4 and or 4x8 tent you will be able to crack them to 600w and above.

With eight to ten strips getting 600 to 660 watt from the driver you’ll be over driving the shit out of those strips making heat and shortening their lifespan more than anything.

You’ll be much happier with 12-14 strips it future proofs the setup and allows greater flexibility in tent setup.

1 Like

perfect, thanks brother!!!

1 Like