Ready to go? (With a little help from my friends)

Hi there OG.
Im new with Leds and i spend some money on two Quantum Board one of 720w for veg and another one are a 1000wlm301h ir +uv.
Im scared with the potency of the LED.
I always used hps and hqi and i changing now to LED universe.
Anyone have any tip about potency of leds on veg to make my roots more strong possible? Without burn?
Im complet new on led world and i need a light.
Thank you og

6 Likes

hey @HollySun91 , I know you’ve already spend $$$ on your quantum boards but also look into Bar fixtures vs panels; better spread and make sure they are DIMMABLE.

Are your boards dimmable?

I have a mars hydro FC-6500 for my 4x4. It;s rated commercially for 4x4 and non-commercially for 5x5’s. I have mine hanging at the highest point of my tent and use the dimmer to adjust the PPFD values for all growth cycles.

I also run panel lights from Mars (TSL2000’s, TS1000) and Spiderfarmer (SF2000) an from comparison grows you can’t beat the spread of a good bar light.

Getting a small PPFD meter really helps dial in LEDs, or you can go with suggested hanging hights if you wanted to move the fixture.

Here’s a link for the cheapo PPFD meter that I use:

https://www.amazon.ca/Light-3000umol-365-780nm-Tester-Illuminance/dp/B09BMR1SMF/ref=asc_df_B09BMR1SMF/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=580993093154&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12003183675896430184&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000899&hvtargid=pla-1431148828224&psc=1&mcid=b9c37fa3b2b83f91a4fc0b4dc24e6ef1

Another thing, as you enter into the world of LEDs you have no choice but to start supplementing weekly with cal-mag or just epsom salts. If you don’t you’re gonna think something is wrong but for whatever reason LED plants are cal-mag hungry!!!

4 Likes

hi @HollySun91

the photon app for andriod or iphone is also working like an charm. a cheap soulution to give you atl east
some numbers to work with. if you have an andriod device it is free to use on iphone they take a couple of bucks from you … the meter pigeonman suggested would of course be more accurate! i would also like to have one XD

2 Likes

Hi there @Pigeonman
They came with dimmer and switch of ir and another switch to uv.
That what you ask?

2 Likes

Cool in know @m0sirys.
Thanks by the tip

amazing!

so yeah, set up your lights and then use a phone app meter or something similar to what I linked for you before and you can totally dial in your lights!

you want:

Seedlings: 100-150 PPFD
Veg: 200-300 PPFD
Flower: up to 1050 PPFD.

:ok_hand:

7 Likes

This is a good option! I used it before having some spair coin for my PPFD meter.

The think for me was not being able to close the tent to take the readings with my phone app. With the separate meter I can place the sensor where I need it, close the tent, and then take the reading with my phone via blutooth.

Addtiionally I since my dimmer/balast is mounted outside of the tent I can adjust my PPFD with everything fully closed to get absolute values.

2 Likes

Wow thats what im talking about @Pigeonman !!!
You give me a big light now.
I have parents in usa and ill buy this ppfd meter.
Amazing technology.
Ill try this app @m0sirys

2 Likes

Is better work in maximum potency to boom the seedling and veg right?
Flowering without doubts

yeah the sensor you have is lovely. and i `ll get one in a not to distant future for sure and comes with a lot of plus.

1 Like

@Pigeonman you ever get a chance to compare the phone app to your meter? :v:

2 Likes

Yes. Which is why this cheapo spend the monies on the meter.

It’s also my OCD from film industry lighting when that was my steady gig… having a budget-but-effective stand alone light meter is way to me to not end up getting it.

It took a while though as most these meters are $300+ and that’s no :game_die: but once one came up with positive feedback from actual use nearer to $100.00 I scratched that itch really fast…

…now if only I can find a lightly used 4-6 tonne dabpress for $200-300… :thinking: / :rofl:

3 Likes

@Pigeonman you can send it to me a link of same product om u.s.a amazon?
Canadian amazon delivery on usa?

1 Like

PAR Meter up to 6000umol/(㎡s) DLI Calculator PPFD Recording https://a.co/d/3xy75MB

Think this is the one.

1 Like

Brand: FUTUREHORTI
Model: FH-100

1 Like

Another option… The UNI-T(bluethooth version) only $35. Shane from Migro worked with this company to get this very close to accurate with an apogee meter. I still use mine to this day. Works excellent and I have not had any problems. Pair it with your phone and use the app. You’ll be up and running in minutes.

8 Likes

There’s a cool trick (that usually works) for switching between Canadian and US Amazon listings. Call up a listing and then change the “com” to “ca” or vice versa in the URL.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thanks @Gpaw i got stuck in .ca yesterday couldn’t figure how to get out of it. Lol

1 Like

They give in lux and not ppfd.
Easy to convert i see.
Good option and easy to use.
Sell in national market

1 Like

Thanks @Gpaw by support

1 Like