Red wrigglers

So I went out to the manure pile that was on property took a good shovel full and it’s loaded

So can I just take some scoops and throw the manure in a tote and let em break it down to rich soil literally could pick about 200 in thirty mins

27 Likes

Very nice! I need to get my hands on some red wigglers here very soon.

1 Like

Good Shit!

Yes! :partying_face:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

If I knew how to send them out I would try to make a side gig out of it but would need costumers lol

3 Likes

Congratulations. Now put them in your grow soil and feed the worms 🪱 :wink:

5 Likes

I think to sell them commercially you may need a license in some areas. I know their is a high chance of death if they get to hot for too long being shipped so they usually use a faster shipping, but I assume some would survive if just shipped with a little dirt for them to chill in.

1 Like

Could sell them locally on Gumtree or something more then likely

2 Likes

Been trying to look for some locally but facebook keeps messing with my listing heh. I just don’t feel like paying 60-70$ to roll the dice on them arriving alive. Mainly need a few for my living soil beds I am doing and maybe some extra to start a worm bin with.

3 Likes

I think 60$ was for 1000 I saw possibly. That’s more than enough for 2 beds and starting a worm bin. Just not sure the best way to save money and get some worms. If I had access to some property with horses, I may be able to get some myself heh.

1 Like

So put the worms directly in my pots !? :crazy_face:

I have that soil I already put blood mean bone meal and earthworm castings …I’ll fill that up with some worms and use the cabbage broccoli squash leafs from the garden to feed them ?

I think tomorrow I’m gonna get a tote and fill it half way with leaves and some loose soil and a layer of the manure they r in already I noticed they are on the very top of the manure pile dig down about a foot nothing so I’m thinking this is the better half for now ….

I gotta get to reading your page about soil again !

1 Like

Well I already got a guy taking wheel barrow loads out of here …

Was kinda pissed about the two big piles of manure left when we moved in but now that everyone wants it I feel relieved plus our place is crazy man and we really could use the manure …black berries blue berries raspberries Asian pears apple trees peach trees hazelnuts June berries asparagus field cherry trees a very over whelming Concord grape patch and a million tomatoes …etc
let’s just say next year we r cutting the work in half lmao

1 Like

Aah very nice, thats a lot of good food growing there heh.

1 Like

Harry and Lloyd already thought of this idea. Small local Rhode Island business. You should support them. Its called “I got worms” and is a worm farm.

Eventually it will be a joy more then a burden :crazy_face:

1 Like

we call them frankXD

Send me some of those bad boys! Lol, probably a better deal getting them from you than amazon. Though my worm bin is finally doing some things after the hot hot summer nearly fried the poor bastards… :desert::thermometer:

1 Like

One pound of reg wigglers is usually 1000-1200 worms. Pounds of worms usually go for $20-30 depending where and how you get them.

3 Likes

Ehyy maybe if I wasn’t so busy and had kids so they could pick them for me and that’s how they would earn their allowance lmao

Yes.

Yes, Make Worm Smoothys 🪱

It’s wonderful :blush:

2 Likes

Imy plans are to put a bunch of worms in the tote I have full of “super soil” and let them break it down .

This week sometime I’m gonna get a tote !

2 Likes