ReikoX's Workshop

I’ve been wondering about the JillyBean. Sub really downplayed anything Jill, IMO.
The one sample I ever had was weak & meh, but I blame the grower.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

My cut smells exactly like peeling a fresh tangerine.

8 Likes

Hey reiko…i want to post pictures of your crystal candies buds im curing…i love them…very racey even though i let them go very very long…im having trouble posting pics…i need to upload pocs to swampthing also…it seems i can hit the reply but if i try to upload it locks again…but as usual if u give me time i finaly get it to go

4 Likes

Creme Brulee at seven weeks. Almost there, packing on the frost. The smells are sweet with earthy notes, almost like smoking out in a bakery. :grin:

19 Likes

Happy birthday bro I’m sure I just read on a thread it’s ur bday hope it’s going well take care

5 Likes

The Freedom Dream plants in the 1x1 are not doing too hot, or rather they are doing too hot. The battery on the thermostat was low (don’t know how long) so the ventilation fan was not kicking on. Yesterday it was over 100*F in there! I had to cut one of the plants that wasn’t going to make it. This is another symptom of LITFA overdose.

The Creme Brulee are at 55 days now and definitely packing on the weight. I will bust out the scope tonight and check on readiness. Looking at the buds, they look like they could use another week.

21 Likes

nice clean dab station or smoke sesh station any way nice and clean i like that.

1 Like

Creme Brulee trichomes look like they could use a couple more days. Some amber on a few of them.

Ever read about a pest, then convince yourself you have that pest? I convinced myself I had the symptoms; healthy veg growth, then what looked like a mag deficiency about 3 weeks into flower.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=159960

Busted out the scope and am happy to say these are fungus gnats. Notice the wing span is the same as the body, they have clearly segmented bodies, and no tail pipes on the ass end.

I’m going to reammend my soil and add some of this

Down To Earth Langbeinite Sulfur Potassium and Magnesium Fertilizer, 5 lb. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VJN96LG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_3mbwBbDX8GJXB

12 Likes

:camera_with_flash: :seedling:

how do you achieve these close-ups? bad-ass camera? mod’ed iphone?

1 Like

Just a cheap USB microscope.

14 Likes

Creme Brulee 7 is blooming, this was a freshly rooted clone I put in here for giggles. No idea how old it is. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Juanita at day 41 on the other side of the screen.

Creme Brulee came down today at 60 days. Not a huge yield, but nice quality. I’ll have to run these again before choosing a keeper.

19 Likes

Looks awesome! Plants look healthy and that led build looks killer

5 Likes

Thanks for stopping by, I do pretty good for just myself. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Here are my mothers, they are in desperate need of a trim. A couple were burning on the fluorescent lights.

Here is Juanita at about seven and a half weeks. She usually goes 10-11 weeks, so I’m pretty close. Starting to get some ripening of the buds.

These are the slowest auto flowers I have ever grown. These are eight weeks from seed and just barely started flowering. Part of that may have been the excess LITFA. These have been only getting tap water in my SIP. Ironically, the little one is male and the taller one is female. On the bright side, the clover is flowering nicely.

29 Likes

Are you doing notill/rols for your mothers, or something else entirely? They look like happy little plants :grin:

5 Likes

No these are bonsai mothers, no way to do organic with them. I feed them the same as the rest of my garden, except on water days they get fertilized with Superthrive, Shultz 10-15-10, and Fish emulsion. This is actually the Dr.BudGreenGeens feed formula.

7 Likes

Do you add much/any acid/base with yours? :thinking: :alembic:

None, dont even measures it. :grin:

4 Likes

That’s it, I’m tapping out! I’ve tried so hard to like this one. The Hurculese oil cartridge is so much better in every way except form factor. The ironic thing is, they are by the same company.

Bubbleman Pen Chronicles:
The Final Chapter

So I was about done with this thing. I gave t on last chance on my last business trip. It performed mediocrally, but didnt overheat or break like has happened a few times. I voiced some negative opinions about the unit on Instagram and they told me the XL tank improved on some if my negative comments. They offered me a free tank. When I sent a DM, I was told a few weeks for the new tanks to be in stock. When I inquired later, I was told it was sent, but it never arrived.

So I figured I would try it anyway. Ordered it to take on a camping trip. Paid for priority shipping. They got me a tracking number right away and the item didn’t ship for several days. Never made it for my camping trip.

When it finally arrived, it came with a not to change the heating element to the new version. Ok. Didnt think and threw the old one out. I pressed out 1.5 grams of Grass Monkey rosin, added the terpenes, and filled the new tank. When I put it on my battery, it didnt work. WTF! Well I hook it up to my ohm meter and it reads 0.3 ohms. I guess too low for the battery, the other tanks were 0.5 ohms.

I hooked it up to my box mod at 10-watts. Technically that voided my warranty, but it was working. Tasted a bit “dry” to me, so I turned up the wattage. Took a big hit and then nothing… burnt out the heating element. I searched through the garbage for the one it came with and couldn’t find it.

I took apart the tank and saved as much of the oil as I could. Probably only about a gram came back. Since the warranty is already void, I decided to dissect the tank and checked out the heating element. After a few tries, I managed to wire up a replacement coil that was 0.5 ohms. I go to put the tank back on, and the glass shatters!

To recap, here are the trials and tribulations I’ve had with this damn pen.

11 Likes

ever try the saionaras?