ReikoX's Workshop

Are you doing notill/rols for your mothers, or something else entirely? They look like happy little plants :grin:

5 Likes

No these are bonsai mothers, no way to do organic with them. I feed them the same as the rest of my garden, except on water days they get fertilized with Superthrive, Shultz 10-15-10, and Fish emulsion. This is actually the Dr.BudGreenGeens feed formula.

7 Likes

Do you add much/any acid/base with yours? :thinking: :alembic:

:evergreen_tree:

None, dont even measures it. :grin:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s it, Iā€™m tapping out! Iā€™ve tried so hard to like this one. The Hurculese oil cartridge is so much better in every way except form factor. The ironic thing is, they are by the same company.

Bubbleman Pen Chronicles:
The Final Chapter

So I was about done with this thing. I gave t on last chance on my last business trip. It performed mediocrally, but didnt overheat or break like has happened a few times. I voiced some negative opinions about the unit on Instagram and they told me the XL tank improved on some if my negative comments. They offered me a free tank. When I sent a DM, I was told a few weeks for the new tanks to be in stock. When I inquired later, I was told it was sent, but it never arrived.

So I figured I would try it anyway. Ordered it to take on a camping trip. Paid for priority shipping. They got me a tracking number right away and the item didnā€™t ship for several days. Never made it for my camping trip.

When it finally arrived, it came with a not to change the heating element to the new version. Ok. Didnt think and threw the old one out. I pressed out 1.5 grams of Grass Monkey rosin, added the terpenes, and filled the new tank. When I put it on my battery, it didnt work. WTF! Well I hook it up to my ohm meter and it reads 0.3 ohms. I guess too low for the battery, the other tanks were 0.5 ohms.

I hooked it up to my box mod at 10-watts. Technically that voided my warranty, but it was working. Tasted a bit ā€œdryā€ to me, so I turned up the wattage. Took a big hit and then nothingā€¦ burnt out the heating element. I searched through the garbage for the one it came with and couldnā€™t find it.

I took apart the tank and saved as much of the oil as I could. Probably only about a gram came back. Since the warranty is already void, I decided to dissect the tank and checked out the heating element. After a few tries, I managed to wire up a replacement coil that was 0.5 ohms. I go to put the tank back on, and the glass shatters!

To recap, here are the trials and tribulations Iā€™ve had with this damn pen.

11 Likes

ever try the saionaras?

This is making the Apple Bong :apple: sound appealingā€¦ hehe

:tools: :zap:

:smile:

2 Likes

OMG! What an ordeal! Hats off to ya sticking through to this pointā€¦ I hear pax something or other is good - donā€™t really pay attention unless it offered though I guess there is a difference - flower is all I need as I can turn it into tinctures for solvent transfers, direct infuse and working on making a hydrosol (extract before decarb) to add back into tinctures as many volatile terpines are often lost in the processā€¦ my way of competing with the butane crowd without blowing up my house and I would be the one lol

Anyway, I am curiosā€¦whats the plan now?

4 Likes

Iā€™m sticking with ā€œole faithfulā€ for now. My Hercules oil cartridge has been my daily smoker for almost two years now. Works great, but is bulky.

I bought a PAX Era here in California. Its, technically, not refillable but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll figure something out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

ā€¦ever see a typical Bic disposable converted by tapping & drilling to a re-fillable? :wink:

:tools: :fire:

:v:

2 Likes

Nope, cant say that I have. I am going to buy a couple more pods today. If nothing else, I will have a week or two of meds. The thing is nice and tiny, fits discreetly in my pocket, and connects to my phone via Bluetooth.

There are videos online showing how to refill them. Itā€™s not my first rodeo when it comes to vaporizers. Been down the whole rebuildable atomizers, custom coils, etc.

5 Likes

Have seen several, some good, some plugged with a screw and crazy glue.
When it comes to DIY and cheapskates anything handy is in play.

But have seen many explode, either being dropped wrong or left on the dash of the car.
Have not supported them or their company since they removed the little adjustment wheel.

4 Likes

Okay, Iā€™m always trying new vape pens so I picked these up in CA this week. Each is (about) 1/2 a gram. The whole unit fits in your hand. It is also very light weight, and you can adjust the temperature with your phone and their app. They are not, technically, refillable. There are, however, YouTube videos showing how to do it. It seems like the oil inside is quite viscous. Iā€™m pretty sure they are distillate with cannabis terpenes added back. They taste like cannabis, not like blueberries or chocolate, so that is a bonus. I should have at least a weekā€™s worth of medicine here.

14 Likes

Damn bastard vap pen makers, donā€™t they no NOT to fuck with a stoner and his concentrates? Thatā€™s how WW3 is going to be started :wink::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I reammended 20 gallons of soil, and filled four 5-gallon pots. They were then top dressed with vermicompost and malted barley powder. A clover cover crop was planted, and I transplanted three Jilly Bean clones and an Adonis clone.

A thin layer of barley straw will help keep in moisture until the clover comes in. This was all watered in with kelp, coconut water, aloe, and silica.

17 Likes

Wow, just read through most of thread. Good job man!

Someone posted you are like a Rastafarian Mcgyverā€¦lolā€¦true!

Maybe we wonā€™t need our cards anymore if we get a democrat for governor! This state could sure use the money for schools, roads, etc. like Colorado.

2 Likes

Even in legal states its better if you keep your medical card i.e better product, more plants, cheaper prices, etc

4 Likes

In Michigan rec will be better than medical. Currently you can have12 plants and2.5 ounces dried with your card. Under the proposed rec law weā€™ll be able to have10 ounces dry but still can only have12 plantsā€¦ Fingers crossed that it passes in November.

3 Likes

Same here but thatā€™s only 2.5 ounces on your persons, their is NO WAY IN HELL I could grow 12 plants and only get 2.5 ounces dry without cutting all the branches off them lol and the main cola in half

2 Likes

Ikr i only grow three plants at a time. The autos Iā€™ve been growing average 2.5-3 ounces
per plant so Iā€™ve been able to stay within the limits.

1 Like