Relative Humidity vs dew point?

Will having high RH but never getting to the dew point lead to powdery mildew and rot? Or do they happen only when water condenses on plants?

1 Like

Will having high RH but never getting to the dew point lead to powdery mildew and rot? Or do they happen only when water condenses on plants?

1 Like

It happens when the environment is right, there are spores present, and your plants SAR is weak. Water just gives a higher chance for the mold or mildew to get hold.

2 Likes

Hey, could my poist be moved back to the topic I started? My original thread was supposed to be about climate conditions in indoor growing. It wasn’t powdery mildew specific.

Who moved your post? Which is your topic?

Sorry, I wasn’t replying to you personally just to any mods that might be lurking. My previous post was from another thread that I started. I think it’s gone now though

1 Like

Moved back per @RickSanchez’s request

1 Like

can’t speak to PM but botrytis is definitely caused by high RH, it happens indoors when dew or moisture never condenses on the plants

1 Like

That’s a damn good question. If your RH is high when the lights go off the drop in temperature might be enough to cause condensation that you’d never see.

Gunna try to get a link to a study on pm and botrytis with specific answers for ya.

4 Likes

RH gets usually gets blamed, but I’ve seen a couple of growers that keep it high throughout flowering with good results (DJM from IcMag for one) So I think it might actually be a problem with liquid water condensing (this is what causes mold in houses)

I was hoping to control the temp drop when the lights go out so that the plants never reach the dew point. That way I can try to maintain ideal VPD through flowering.

5 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Factors that influence growth and development ( Temp and VPD)