Phylos - I cant believe this!

I am old. And I am out of touch on the recent events of the cannabis community so imagine my horror when I read the “High Times” article about Phylos. Yes it is a few years old but I cant believe it. The idea that a corporation is telling us that they will take complete control of our sacred plant is mind -boggeling. Ohio legalized pot on December 7 and I was really happy ( for a while). Soon the state decided that if it was going to be legal, then they would control the money to be made. All I have ever wanted to do with my life is grow pot. I have spent the last 4 decades growing this wonderful plant regardless of the law. I have fought the war on drugs for so long that I dont know how to live any other way but for a brief moment I thought it had ended. But I see that nothing has changed. Now the government has teamed up with big corporations in an attempt to quietly steal our victory from us. They tell us that we can only grow x number of plants. They regulate how much thc you can have. All these rules. They tell us we are free but they still have their foot on our necks. I say its time to start making “seed bombs” again. It is obvious to me that this war will not end until there are pot plants growing everywhere. Imagine a world where you can be waiting for a bus and just pick some buds off a wild marijuana plant that is growing on the side of the road. That is the kind of world I want to live in. What say you ?

31 Likes

when i read the first few “legalisation” articles/reports
i was like: “oh-oh … they will steal the plant from us”.

tried to write about that on a german board
and was immediately banned (grower.ch) :laughing:

(and the people running the site being
rightwingers didn’t help much either, lol.)

19 Likes

That’s cause you prolly wrote something stupid .
In anycase
I thought the op was going to say they were going to ban private seeds all together.
Freedom?
Shit that’s been a joke for years.
If you want to be free, you have to go underground.
Yeah I know, a contradiction of terms
Not logical, but true.

5 Likes

Way to show your IQ. And your level of maturity.

9 Likes

nah, it just sounded stupid to those who are too stupid to understand it. you know, like they say, technological advances look like magic to those who are not that advanced. seedbombs have always been a great idea though.

6 Likes

I have been littering the roadside ditches, swamps and forests in my area with beans for a few years and have already seen results. No, I don’t care about the out door growers in the area getting their feminized plants pollinated. Bigger picture. Wait until the government in conjunction with corporations push the Feminized triploid, where all plants will be sterile and regular seed that contain males will cease to be sold to people as the future of cannabis without the chance of pollination, sounds great but it’s the opposite of great. Unfortunately new growers are the target and new growers seem to be pushing the seed hype tha last few years, while also eradicating males via the fem seed business model, sold as a convenient and user/noob friendly way to grow and it will be sold to people as an advancement in the industry but it will undoubtedly be done to control the flow of seed in the long run. It won’t happen over night but the wheels are in motion and it’s up to the people to not let it happen. If a government can control, regulate,tax and make revenue from a product they will. They did not legalize for the people, cannabis is being legalized because of business.

17 Likes

Gotta look into phylos…as shitty as they sound, I would buy shares if they were publicly listed. Because everything is about absolute control…so they will succeed if big money is backing them.

I love my fems, but have a nice stash of regs.

5 Likes

So for a little money you would support the eradication of wild cannabis and back a government controled industry? The big players have already infiltrated the landraces with their shitty Dutch genetics and those are the same people that would be working with these corporate entities. If you can’t beat ‘em join em huh? No fucking way, fuck the government. Ide never sell out like that.

5 Likes

Corporate wants always get legislated into law :joy:

2 Likes

Man…if Blackrock is in it, they don’t lose. Free growers like us will keep the seed free, despite best efforts of big money. But there is money to be made.

Soros wants all the regs.

I’ve got so many regs, my great-great grandkids will be chopping males.

13 Likes

I believe the freakers landrace preservation is probably the most important for the coming restrictions

9 Likes

Fair enough. Always going to be us pirates around

7 Likes

What is this?

Arrrrrr, matey! :pirate_flag::seedling::skunk:

6 Likes

https://overgrow.com/t/freakin-with-the-freakers-ball-seed-collective/42470/991

2 Likes

Keep on keeping on!

1 Like

Effin’ eh! Would love to participate in that! Groovy, man!

1 Like

@Upstate or @Guitarzan would be a good place for info

3 Likes

I’ve got like 100 strains in long term cold storage so they can suck it.

10 Likes

Shit…lol…I just posted in the thread…will let it ride and see who responds. Or should I reach out to upstate or guitarzan directly?

2 Likes

I’d let it ride. I saw you just posted over there and thought to myself wow that was fast!

4 Likes