Tumbled cannabis

I have a friend in legal state that tells me that all of the product in the shops has been tumbled, to remove the trichs. And I guess that in turn means that all weed (other than self grown) on the market, legal or otherwise, is being tumbled also. If that is true, when did tumbling cannabis before selling it become the norm? Did it cause prices to drop? If no price drop, why? Just curious about things of this nature.

3 Likes

Do you mean machine trimmed when you say ā€œtumbledā€?

1 Like

He meant scuffed, kiefed, basically had the trichs removed. Thatā€™s all you see in the black market here. Rarely have I ever bought a bag that had trichomes.
It just boils down to greed and depends on uniformed consumers like a lot a folks in my state/area.

3 Likes

Sorry, I meant tumbled to remove the crystals from the finished product. That is what he has explained to me, it seems.

All the more reason to Overgrow.

No need to tumble your own lovingly grown flowers.

2 Likes

I agree completely, I was just checking to see what was actually going on out in the wide, wide world of sports.

regards,

3 Likes

No doubt some is tumbled, but a lot of it is just poor handling. These guys getting tons of trim bin sift are testing the buds too rough.

4 Likes

Caveat emptor most certainly applies to the wild and woolly, rough and tumble, nascent, legitimate cannabis market.

Seems to me that we should all grow our own!

5 Likes

Yes, they steal the trichs for higher end hash and adding to shitty products and I canā€™t think of any legal or semi legal producer/seller in Canada that hasnā€™t been doing this for a decade. Makes me sad to think people are wasting money on this shit but itā€™s another good reason to grow your own.

@Dewb is right itā€™s greed and thats it. Iā€™m sure the LPā€™s will tell you itā€™s for producing consistent products lol Oops this batch is too high in thc Iā€™ll fix that

4 Likes

While I am not surprised, I was also not aware.

Bummer.

3 Likes

I was also not aware until this friend told me. That is why I posted it here, to see what others thought about it?
Just curious.

regards,

mike

3 Likes

Consistently bad?

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never smoked anything worth talking about from any LP. I guess there is one company to talk about and thatā€™s Organigram. A friend brought over his second order from them and I tried it and fist puff I said ā€œoh my god what the fuck have they sprayed on thisā€ and I started to get a headache.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/organigram-medical-marijuana-1.4436081

He only ordered from them because they said they didnā€™t irradiate (cold pasteurize) and were organic. All LPā€™s are garbage period

4 Likes

Itā€™s been a long whileā€¦ but the last flower I purchased from a recreational store in Denver was frosty and reasonably satisfyingā€¦ it also left a huge mound of kief in my grinder. Iā€™ve not heard of this practice here. Seems like shady black market stuff, not highly regulated legitimate business stuff.

Now, Iā€™ve been lead to believe this site is about growing fine cannabis and not buying it so I will add-

Screw those greedy bastards for stealing the trichs! OverGrow!

Stay hazed
Jake

11 Likes

Iā€™m making a trip out to Colorado in the beginning of april, ill be curious to see if I can noticeably tell the difference, should be interesting. May have to bring a scope to make sure it is all there haha.

3 Likes

Always put a scope to my medicine. No longer get it from some places for lack of trichs.
When they have a glass case full of kief for sale itā€™s not from pre-roll or grower/suppliers.
Prior to REC in CAā€¦ Dispensaries were ā€˜Non-Profitā€™ and margins were good enough to
stay in business. Now they canā€™t get supply from local growers directly and all has to be
from gov distribution network, blah blah blah and they canā€™t make enough money to keep
the lights onā€¦

3 Likes

My belief is that the legal cannabis industry will follow the same type of trend as the craft/micro brewery industry. What I mean by that is at first a shit ton of rec stores will open up and people will be willing to give them a shot. After time only the quality places will remain in business. Thus weeding out the bad and keeping the good.

4 Likes

It happens here in Aus too, its bloody disgustingā€¦ greedy bloody shady pricks. the prices are high already.
its no wonder the guys have huge smiles on their faces when they get to dispose of my weed for me.

2 Likes

Waitā€¦what??? Surely not. Wouldnā€™t someone blow the whistle on an unscrupulous creep that did that? I know what we would do to them here! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

It happens to some degree everywhere and should be brought out in the open so consumers know they are being ripped off.

2 Likes