Reusable Drain Water

I have a few questions pertaining to the drain water after feeding, I grow in thick ply poly white grow bags They Fit Inside 5 gallon buckets, I don’t have much runoff after feeding but I would like to Resize down to 3 gallon buckets same bags ,

Now different size more runoff excess water so once water is collected after feedings, Can I buy a chemical that cleans the dirty water and bring the levels down and maybe self correct the PH…

Any Ideas or ways to clean your Indoor runoff water after feedings??

Thank You

H~S
Proud OG
Support https://overgrow.com/

6 Likes

I’ve actually looked into this. But unfortunately it’s really not feasible for a home grower the equipment is crazy expensive

1 Like

sounds overly complicated to salvage a bit of water.

3 Likes

If you fill a 5 gallon bucket with small holes in the bottom, with charcoal at the bottom and gradually larger size sand as you move up the bucket in layers that will filter a lot out. You can find home made water filters on a lot of preppers Web sites or Utube.

Then either finish off in an RO system or Zero water filter jug if you want it completely free of any minerals. As for self correcting the PH I think you would need to run some kind of computer analyzer to add either acids or alkaline’s to your desired PH. Easier and cheaper to just test and adjust manually as you need to use it I would think.

5 Likes

This sounds right Shadey. Just like water filtering thru the earth to become drinking water simplified’

3 Likes

Nailed it !

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers: I staring to think once I switch the 12 - 5 gallon buckets to 3 gallon buckets I should prepare for more runoff , I have a nice little pump I can use to drain the over flow…

I just hope down sizing bucket size from 5 to 3 gallon buckets doesn’t constrict the plant growth.

2 Likes

I’m sure from browsing the forum you have seen some monsters in just solo cups !
Just keep em happy and keep up on water

If they r autos me personally have never had problems with roots filling in a 3 gallon pot good luck brother …

I appreciate you trying to reuse non renewable resources !

3 Likes

Your Welcome…

2 Likes