Trying to automate feedings

Been getting my ass kicked trying to hand feed my current grow, commute 3 hours a day and theres just no time. Have all the platforms and waste issues worked out. Now its time to automate the feeding. Would like to do atleast 2 per day.

Just ordered this kit from floraflex

Was looking for recommendations on a good timer (and how to integrate it lol).

1 Like

following. great question.

Set your schedule on here and plug your pump into it:
https://www.amazon.com/NEARPOW-Multifunctional-Programmable-Countdown-Electrical/dp/B07QJ3K43N/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=3PJQ13XWFHWEK&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.iuo7y5X7SReiwKZXAPU6Y-e2pN6eSv0nIiWsjWXS58yoRBUfYO0G9TLT4f4bVBSb2s6rrkcrLVs1L0chrqTBz9FTZ5DoDVRnIHjY4Gp1_6FAZO-gEvi_q_PFwi4hUAm4db6ptmRkJGjWdX-Ny4_1s88kKP2VZOx7Dqi0GykKK337Ymm3NEdxUIuiTdtqECBhKu22OuRbi2akenmVRf9xkg.llLY_FE4fKc4_arFKHm4CArb90itcqDAcQET7-U2CQE&dib_tag=se&keywords=timers+for+electrical+outlets+indoor+seconds&qid=1721437920&sprefix=timers+for+electrical+outlets+indoor+second%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-4

Edit: Is that all you were wondering about?

4 Likes

Nice, thanks.

So do you just cut it on and time it until you get good runoff and just schedule timings for that long?

2 Likes

Yeah, you can set it down to the second and maybe 18-20 different feeds per day if you wanted.

Edit: I just mean it’s able to have 18-20 different times set. I wouldn’t feed 18-20 times per day. Haha

2 Likes

Smaller feeds and more of them spread out is a better option those nearpows I believe can set up to 19 events. Allows you to stack your ec and then level them out to run off by the end of your feeing time usually 2 hours before lights off is what I like to do. You’ll want to taper later in flower.

1 Like

Ordered that timer, thanks!

I think i’ll stick with 2 or 3 for now, dont want to fly too close to the sun

If you want more info on automating to feed coco, just let me know. I can take pics and show you exactly what I have setup and whatnot. It’s easy stuff, but can be frustrating until you’ve seen it. Once you see it, you’re like “Ahhhh, duhh.” Haha

4 Likes

I’ll definitely take you up on that when everything arrives. Thanks dude!

You got photos of your setup? I’d like to see it. Got me all kinda of curious.

2 Likes

I’ll go take some. I’m a little toasted, but it’s not too tough. Haha.

3 Likes

Here we are:

Edit: Error uploading a few of the pics/files, so give me a second to see which ones and put them in here.

4 Likes

Current plants in there and how the tubing goes around.

6 Likes

Ahh I’m doing just like you then submersible pump and a brute trash can? Yes I love it.

Here is a shot of the rezzy I plumbed up. Hose option as well as a drip option. Also have it setup to to mix nutes I hate using a drill or a big ass boat oar I used to use lol

Had to take from IG. My pup decided to end my old phone with my photos of the system.

Forgive this one. Best shot I had of the rest in action. Miss my old phone. Haha

6 Likes

Sweet setup!!!

2 Likes

I’m rebuilding and switching tent setups after this, so definitely adding an elbow and shutoff valve to make
mixing easier. The paint paddle gets old for sure. Haha.

3 Likes

Haha yes… I want it to mix itself for sure. Sitting there with a drill wasn’t even my bag… Haha

Those cheapy ball valves changed the game.

What kinda of drip emitters are you using? Netafim? They look similar to mine. How many gph?

1 Like

Yep, Netafim for sure. I have the 2 gph jr woodpeckers in there now. I had the red (I think .2 gph woodpeckers), but that was too slow and had the pump running too much for me. Haha.

1 Like

Doesnt it raise ph when you aerate? Will that effect the solution for coco?

4 Likes

Air stones yes… Waterfall no.

4 Likes