Rhai88 & Friends... Games, Giveaways, and more! (Part 1)

Drop F my ass we call this Drop Dead! ahahaha

2 Likes

Happy birthday to your lady from me and my lady!

I’m so juiced on my sticker win!!! Shit yeah! I have a water bottle that’s begging for that bad boy!!!

Had to enter for the big one though… Whoooo brotha! It’s a big one!!!

1 Like

10 hours of like jail argggh! :triumph:

1 Like

Got overwritten. Please take care.

Edit:. Am I out for winning the sticker? Sry if I’m being greedy!

200w z(1)

Ok, done with dinner and my game. All went well, what’d I miss?

2 Likes

Happy Birthday to your lady!!! Many more come. Thank The Great One I can simmer down and relax a little.
Whew…
f41119abd932eea988d740b1894ad971

Time to slow the roll…

4 Likes

Thanks to you and your wife for sharing both your time and effort. Hope she has a great birthday tomorrow for being such a good sport. Best of luck to everybody.

2 Likes

Led Belly played a 12 string and wrote so many amazing songs that are still around, and influenced many great musicians. As a Busker, he wanted a loud sound that captured your attention. His musicianship was flawless and original, here’s a few, Black Betty, Midnight Special, Where Did You Sleep Last Night, Irene, Pick a Bale of Cotton, The Gallis Pole, (covered by Led Zeppelin)
Many, many musicians both covered his songs and were influenced by his unique style of writing and the 12 string sound. He often used his voice as an instrument, and vice versa.
As a musician, I found his recordings late in life and was amazed at his proficiency with the 12 string, which has been compared to an orchestra of sound. His version of House of the Rising Sun remains astounding, along with his interpretations of many folk and blues songs.
Give him a listen. A little research just might blow your mind.
Steve Vai could rock the hell out of a 7 string, but a well played 12 string is a thing to behold.

7 Likes

And that’s off the cuff, not copy and pasted from anywhere.

3 Likes

There will be 6 winners tonight of the Durban Poison F2 seeds I’m putting up…

Donated by me but truly folks, these are from Matt of Goat & Monkey. Seeds I received as gifts from my bro JT & Matt’s sister after his passing. Stock found in his home that cannot be used for his preservation seed run, not using any F2 stock… so, our benefit.
I figured why not share them with all of you…

p.s. of the 10pks I put together, 6 are going out tonight. 1 of these was packed up using a green washer, all the rest were red. The green washer wins a 2nd pack of seeds of my choice.

ain’t this fun

24 Likes

Very cool @Carty Glad you decided to share the story. Well done.

3 Likes

Not to go off post but J.J. Cale was quite the song writer… cocaine…. They call me the breeze… after midnight… magnolia… I love the old blues, and love some of the hybrid blues/country stuff… check him out if you’re not familiar. :grinning:

1 Like

Big fan!!! Nothing like rolling a fat jibber and putting on some old blues!!!

1 Like

One of the best guitar players I’ve ever heard… Yngwie (eenvay) Malmsteen.

You want to see something that will blow your mind… remember Charo… the guchi guchi lady… Listen to her play classical guitar. 2nd in the world at one time…

8 Likes

If you’re old enough…… how could you forget Charo :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

That was really cool of you @Carty to honor your departed friend like that. Very OG :+1:

Durban Poison F2 is choice too!

6 Likes

Yep, amazingly, Charo is a totally world class classical guitar player. Specifically, she trained in flamenco under Andrés Segovia. She kicks ass, and not just playing flamenco!

5 Likes

And don’t forget to keep an eye out for the green washer to win an extra pack of my stash…

Matt says your all very welcome… lol. and I’m blessed and happy to share

6 Likes

Usually because there are seeds up still @Rhai88 will let you enter and if you win another sticker might have you chouse someone to give it to. I’m not sure but @Rhai88 will let you know I would sign up personally and if concerned pm the op

my son is 31 and has disabilities in the autism spectrum and he has great difficulty in social settings. He is so gifted though and has a custom 7string that when he plays is something to behold. I’m a drummer , and it would be so awesome to start a band but we live 5hrs apart driving so it’s kinda tough. He makes me want to buy a drum kit though :laughing:

16 Likes