RO water and CalMag

@BudSy @SeymourGreen my new EC meter should be here today. I will try to get some water before the filter and we’ll see how bad it is today.

1 Like

Do you live in Bangladesh? wtf! It isn’t even close to that bad here.

1 Like

Another question in relation to CalMag for everyone. During the flush period, do you use:

RO water with CalMag and pH balanced?
or
RO water pH balanced?
or
Just RO water?

Thanks.

1 Like

I use unph’d RO water, I add a surfactant to help strip salts, like yucca extract - but it’s not required

I’m sadly excited to hear what it is if that’s even a thing lol :confused:

I’m in coco and don’t really flush anymore, just cut down on ppm’s, but I used to use 1/4 strength cal/mag and nutes in ro to flush my coco. Always ph’d.

3 Likes

Nope. Lower 48! Crazy huh

1 Like

Wow! Did you get a chance to check your ec yet? Sorry but I’m morbidly curious lol :astonished::astonished::astonished:

1.057 ec from the tap… total ppm on 2 meters 497-501 ppm

@BudSy @SeymourGreen @Viva_Mexico

3 Likes

I would like to add that they have been replacing waterlines out here the last couple months. Looks like there is an improvement, but still just over EPA range.

1 Like

That’s still ridiculously high, but I’m glad to hear they’re replacing the water lines. It’s a sin they’ve allowed it to go on in the first place, but you can’t expect the government, local or otherwise, to get off they’re asses and do anything worthwhile. :confused:

1 Like

first world country…

cant drink the water…

4 Likes

Take a bath in it and your skin burns. Wish I was joking. Worst part is we just left our old home place that had a stinky sulfur 480’ deep sweet water well on it. So soft you can’t rinse soap off. Miss that water :confused:
@SeymourGreen
Only because we had water of 780 ppm TDS. We/I raised hell at the city council till the water district started testing and fixing.

2 Likes

Greenlife biotics is working on an organic calmag that has no nitrogen.

1 Like

It figures you had to initiate the first move in order to get them off they’re butts.

I was just looking into this myself.

I add 2ml Calimagic to 4ltr RO, that gives me 100ppm (0.5x scale) on a Bluelab Truncheon (not super accurate). I then add 1.5g Epsom Salt which gives me another 100ppm, then I add Megacrop until I reach 900ppm in veg and up to 1300ppm in flower. I grow in pure coco hempy buckets (2ltr bottles) under Quantum boards. This is only my second grow, but this seems to have stopped my deficiencies.

2 Likes

@Dr_Jekyll, yow! you weren’t joking. :slight_frown:

I use nutrient solution, PH adjusted, with calmag.

Flushing is for toilets.

2 Likes

Learning as I go. In using ro aater and megacrop in pure coco. If megacrop says to use 255ppm for small plants is that total? Would I still get my water upto 100ppm first with calmag and then add the rest of megacrop?