RO water and CalMag

My thinking is that their numbers are for their product alone, so if your water starts at say 100, and they say 255, I would shoot for a total of 355.

To be certain, I would ask that question in the Mega Crop thread, so they can answer directly. You can also email them. They answer very fast.

1 Like

yes it correct Larry

2 Likes

See - they DO answer really fast :wink:

Thanks! I did re-read the megacrop site, and looks like they do start with a .2ec as a base.

1 Like

That 0.2 EC value was just an example they picked to illustrate the math. You would need to use the actual EC of your water - not that 0.2 number.

Hello Bonged ,

I do water feed water feed schedule with my RO seem to have no problems , bcuz I’m learning the basis of it , just got my RO , but my plants are doing fucking GREAT since I bought it , When I water I always add a little more so I can do readings on my runoff So I never GO over 1.5ppt. OR should it be better to steady always feed with low ppm? like round 800. But i’m scared to have salt buildups

1 Like

Sucks that water is so hard.I was doing the RO thing for a couple years kept having nutrient issues and yellowing I started to just bubble my City water constantly to get the chlorine out and I rarely if ever have to supplement any Calmag anymore the only time I ever ph it is for clone water for the grodan blocks don’t do PPM either haven’t had to The city water was loaded with calcium and got them by.I also prefer the 4 min fill time in my 55 gallon drum with the garden hose as to the 12 hour time to fill with the RO unit.No forgetting and flooding my garage when it over runs either added bonus

1 Like

Let me second what the cap said. Ran RO for 2-3 cycles, now I just run tap. I do use RO for seeds and clones but everything else gets tap.

I would check your local water report but it’s been so much easier and plants have been healthier, win win.

2 Likes

I have to bubble mine a little longer and I run my ozone generator through it with an air stone to bust up that Chlorinemine shit thier using these days takes a couple days but that ozone busts that shit up quick

2 Likes

I don’t bubble mine because I add chlorine to run a sterile system.

Not that I have a problem with living systems, I ran one for some time. When I moved to a new house I started getting the root rot even though I had done everything the way I always have.

Eventually I switched to sterile system. No more RO, no more bubbling gasses off. Turns out my town water is great and chlorine is not my enemy lol.

1 Like

Tell me more about this Sterile system color me intrigued.I have been a Soil nerd and I like to see what others are up to to think outside the box sometimes

1 Like

Yeah so the premise is you chlorinate your water to not allow any bacteria to grow. You have to re dose with chlorine every 4ish days.

0.10 grams per 10 gallons is 1ppm. up to 5ppm is safe

I use .3 grams per 10 gallons. This gives me some wiggle room for the chlorine that is all ready in the tap water. Lastly make sure you use the correct kind.

Obviously it’s the active ingredients you want to concern with, I just put the brand to make it easy.

I run 2, 80 gallon systems. I also drop a aquarium UV light in each system for good measure. It has a small pump and a UV light. But yeah I have had great success with the above.

1 Like

I use a tsp per gallon (5ml) of GH cal mag. I add it first before the nutes. My RO is like 6 ppm for reference.

1 Like