Rogutopia . 2023 . The Compost Towers

Question for @BeagleZ
How often do you defoliate and when?

2 Likes

Quite a bit in veg. Usually every week or 2 I’ll take some foliage and shave up the legs.
Once in flower I give them usually 2 rounds, last one being the most aggressive around week 3 or 4 depending on the plant. I like to get the last one done just before they are done stretching.
I shave the legs more than I defoliate I’d say though

3 Likes

Interesting… thanks!

1 Like

So far so good!
Topped some and all are responding very well.
Some gnats emerged from the tubes when I took the socks off to have a peek, oh well…
Humidity spiked here last couple of days, no more watering inside the towers for a few days.
Temps dropped so no sign of thrips anymore.

It is well with my soul.

7 Likes

Got myself a one armed rogue here!
Monofoliate seedling! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Curious how it will turn out. :thinking:
May it survive and thrive! :green_heart:

Edit: it stopped growing and was in the shade all the time so lovingly chopped & dropped it.

8 Likes

Decarbing at 100 degr. Celsius (212 F) for different lengths of time. my personal findings

Thanks for liking this thread @TricycleOfDoom I almost forgot I created it.

3 Likes

Hi @Rogue, :wave:

I never considered different decarb times until I saw your topic. I must try that going forward.

I like how you also brought up blending. That’s something I’ve been trying this past year now; high cbd hemp with haze hybrids like blue dream and ssh, etc… My favourite intake is to grind a 2:1 blend and then each morning add some to the coffee grounds when making a pot. :coffee: :yum:

1 Like

I enjoy eating it, it’s more slow release that way, but whatever floats your cup! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I ordered some 1:1 CBD:THC cultivars, they’re feminized but I’ll pollinate them and add the seeds to my mystery genepool mix.

I think in the long run that’s the smartest thing to do, keep polyhybridizing, for a maximum of diversity.

Simplicity rules.

3 Likes

Giving them some extra light at night during cloudy days.

Very happy with how it’s going!
My own pollen chucked darlings on the right, good vigor but quite lanky and long internodes… perhaps those are the males? :thinking:
Thicc stalks though!
Not the slightest sign of root limitation. :+1:

We’ll see how many males show up…

Probably won’t be pollinating this time around, making seeds every other grow seems like a good rhythm!

It is well with my soul.
Peace to one and all.
:green_heart:

7 Likes

They look stunning! Finding harmony.

2 Likes

I learned that the green leaves of the calendula are also edible so been eating some of those young leaves, along with some dandelion leaves, they’re not so bitter when they’re young.

8 Likes

Decarbing for maximum bliss, optimal health and profound wisdom.
1 hr 11 mins at 100 C / 212 F, take half out, then let the rest go until 2 hr 22 mins.

Got a nice flock of seeds, the male was a very optimal Frankenstein x Dragon Blood Hashplant and it pollinated four of my mystery females.
Calling them Rogue Dragon.

First person to post a great recipe for breadpudding gets a pack. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

9 Likes

I’m going to abstain, but I do want to communicate something: in approximately 60 days, I’ll be starting 4 Nice Rogue! ((NL5XAfghani)x mystery male)
I had mentioned it a few weeks back, but now it’s official!
I have a commitment to @Greasy to start his Sun Ra F2s first, but yours are next on deck my friend.
I anticipate exquisite vibes.

4 Likes

RIGHT ON!!!

It is my wish for you to experience the sweet roast chicken pheno! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Sweet roast chicken would go well with this simple, yet elegant bread pudding!

Also, that sounds incredible.
Have you any inkling of what the male plant may have been, or shall I embrace the mystery?

4 Likes

Impress your intent on reality.
Imagine your most perfect male and assume that was the one. :sparkles:
That’s how wizards do it.

5 Likes

5 Likes

So when you said bread pudding you meant bread pudding! I like eating cannabis! Ohh and sweet roast chicken! :fist:t3::facepunch:t3::vulcan_salute:t3: Dig the twin tower setup. Gonna be checking this out!

1 Like

Welcome!
Sit down, lay down or float, enjoy!

1 Like

I’ll float!! Thanks! :no_mouth:‍:fog: :balloon:

2 Likes