(complete) Romulan Seed-Run

SIckkkkkkk!

I was leveraging the opportunity to research a few genetics I hadn’t explored yet lol

I Think we deal with frost until couple weeks into June.

So I may be able to plop some seeds now to have ready for then. .Or I can wait a week for my Veging plants to show sex and take clones.

I wonder if anyone clones before sex is shown? Can’t hurt to keep a few cuts , By time they root , might know the sex by then!!

I’ve got a HIndu kush im prayin* is female. If not I’ll be keeping it for my first pollen collection

4 Likes

Yeah, the improvement is clear. I used overdriven t8s for years, worked boss. Then I managed to smash like half a dozen u shaped t8s on face level shelf. Decided that was enough mercury for the rest of my life and ditched em.

6 Likes

I clone before sex is shown often, ill just take one of the clone cuttings from each plant, throw it in a cup of water and put it in a dark closet for a few days then I put it in my flower room until I see sex.

8 Likes

Haha, that’s like those cfls, loaded with mercury. Def not good for a person, lol

5 Likes

:open_mouth:

These cuts, still not rooting - however can show some gender indications??

This almost a quick little trick?

I did have success my self putting a couple plants I couldn’t identify sex into the flower tent for 12 hours darkness and I’m pretty sure the next day I identified them as females!

6 Likes

Check this out fir all you need to know.

What I do to sex a plant sooner than later, is when I top my plants I take the top I cut off and flip it to flower ill usually know sex within a week

12 Likes

Use the top As a clone ? I had success with that too.
But the top will show just Ina cup of water ?

4 Likes

I dont clone tops, i mean i have but lower branches root better and are more abundant and uniform to the rest of the clones i take. I just use the tops for a week or 2 in water in my flower room to show sex, then I toss them

18 Likes

Got it now

I actually read that earlier on o.g. that you do that.

I always thought newest Growth works best but that makes sense :cowboy_hat_face:

I’m gonna set up a cloner tomorrow .

5 Likes

Yes! and it’s a great trick. Saved me some trouble on an outdoor plant last year. I’ve done the 12 hour thing with the entire plant, but I have had several plants not snap back out of flower mode. This cut’s in the cup works great :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hmm!

Well I haven’t Been topping my last couple grows I did a comparison run between two.

I fim’ed one and left the other Just Bendin the tops to let the lowers catch up

To my surprise - not much difference aside from a mutant 3-4 headed top from the fim .

Thanks for the additional reinforcement Info!!

I’m so close to the plants showing sex right now anyway I think I’d wait.

How soon do you guys do it?..

I’m def 21 days in

3 Likes

Interesting. And this is done without the need to root?

4 Likes

No root! Snip, plop in water, straight to flower.

@Calix as long as there are 3 or so nodes you cut off as the nodes are where it shoes the sex… you want at least one node out of water

19 Likes

Alright. Im’ma do it’ lol
Thanks for the detailed explanation s :slight_smile:

7 Likes

No problem pal! Anytime!

5 Likes

Lol I think they are pretty close to showing sex on they’re own anyway…

Sorry NLF lol just lopped off trench coat x runtz top LOL [ in the name of science ]

So a little hair is female, and the little flap/sac is male right ? Been a minute lol not like riding a bike yet for me

And just cut a few fan leafs off my Hindu Kush . Gettin big!

16 Likes

That’s it, nit make sure it’s getting 12 hrs or less of light and it will show sex soon :+1::+1:

Thise are some big shade leaves! Nice! I can’t wait (but I have to, lol) to grow my Hindu kush!

7 Likes

I received two types of HK from FS.ca .
HK ad HK fast- both reg.
don’t even know which one germed

1 out of 8 germed . I was about to throw out a bunch of paper towel garbage that was full of seeds that Didnt germ after checking and re wetting for 10 days - I decided to open it before tossing and one Had a germinated !

I just put my experiment top in my flower tent. Lights just went out ! May have just found a new reason to top LOL

6 Likes

I reviewed some HK from @herojuana.tom and I have 1 pack from FS ca too, gonna be a show!

8 Likes

Looks like male

Choppa choppa down!! More space in the old tent. I might just throw it outside lol . a bunch of males out theere

6 Likes