(complete) Romulan Seed-Run

I hope you don’t mind if i ask you a few questions. 100 watt or 100 watt equivalent? Do you remove the plastic light cover on those? How far do you keep the lights from the plants? Thanks

3 Likes

Happy little Romulans. They are reacting well to the T5 :blush::blush::blush:

57 Likes

I got it torn apart and I should be able to. I might look into the local grow shop to see if they may have one getting cheaper if they’re gonna stop selling them. I hope somebody keeps them going. The seedlings like them and grow faster under them at that age, imo. It’s only 216 watts with 4 HO bulbs. I would buy bulbs and ballasts if I need to, as that would still give me about 5-6 years of more use. They actually have some neat bulbs, too. Even UV I think.

6 Likes

But was it blue?

5 Likes

I’m still LQQKing for the strain Romulan x Skunk #1

5 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::v::v::v::v:

4 Likes

Rom x skunk sounds delicious

5 Likes

Oh yes, as blue as can be. And after I drank it, so were my teeth haha.

7 Likes

They are 100 watts but draw like 14.5 watts I think. I don’t bother cutting off the plastic anymore. In a 24" x 24" I use 5 bulbs. The light is left high as I can, I don’t adjust lights …it’s plenty bright. I have a 14 spot aero cloner and that gets one clamplight with a 60 watt bulb… Moms in cups sit on a shelf 16" down from the ceiling and they eventually grow right to the bulbs , then get moved.

mostly I am using these Sylvania bulbs in 100’s and 60’s. The 60’s draw 8.5 watts and you can get either in 5000k or 2700k I use this fixture in the tent

9 Likes

Rom’s are kickin’ it old school and rocking hard.

43 Likes

Man…I was just looking at ur thread and thinking damn how the fuck he grow those so nice in cups - lights ?? Lol

T5s though!

I got to pick up some efficient lighting for my veg tent .
Great lookin run so far!

3 Likes

T5 lights, rhyzotonic, b52, diamond nectar and a strenght/gallon of 20-20-20 every other watering when they are little like this.

8 Likes

They look happy!!

And All females u mentioned for this run?

3 Likes

This is the difference between my Aglex LED and 1 week later on my T5 Fixture (these are my Eutierria)
f51f0d977d1fddd1f320775cfec62e76192ae5c2_2_375x500.jpeg

I cant justify going to any leds for any if my grow rooms… im just old school I guess. T5’s, MH and HPS FTW

30 Likes

No they are regs, gonna be males and females, hopefully a good mix for an open pollenation

4 Likes

Seems the t5 is a warmer softer type of brightness ?

I was thinking of getting some t5 plug n play shop lights for my tent but I think they were still LEDs. I like the coverage of them and could build a frame to hang them

For seeedlins / early veg !

GL with open pollination…
I got to research Romulan. Sounds chocolatey lol

Just did a google.

Sounds like some heavy chronic dope …I’d try it for sure .

Then I googled ruderalis. . . I think I would like that as it’s not so psychoactive. . . And only autoflowering?

3 Likes

No ruderalis in these babies. Straight photo.

(Korean Thai x Mexican x Colombian x Afghani) x Colombian

14 Likes

SIckkkkkkk!

I was leveraging the opportunity to research a few genetics I hadn’t explored yet lol

I Think we deal with frost until couple weeks into June.

So I may be able to plop some seeds now to have ready for then. .Or I can wait a week for my Veging plants to show sex and take clones.

I wonder if anyone clones before sex is shown? Can’t hurt to keep a few cuts , By time they root , might know the sex by then!!

I’ve got a HIndu kush im prayin* is female. If not I’ll be keeping it for my first pollen collection

4 Likes

Yeah, the improvement is clear. I used overdriven t8s for years, worked boss. Then I managed to smash like half a dozen u shaped t8s on face level shelf. Decided that was enough mercury for the rest of my life and ditched em.

6 Likes

I clone before sex is shown often, ill just take one of the clone cuttings from each plant, throw it in a cup of water and put it in a dark closet for a few days then I put it in my flower room until I see sex.

8 Likes