Rules for making F2 seeds to trade

That’s what Strainly says. Discrepancy is the family tree lists Dj,s F1 as parentage. Either way it’s a nice 70’s cultivar for breeding…

1 Like

what had happened was

“I grew some of the Buddha Stick. …I called the product “Gin Blossom” and grew a bit of her in the late ’70s / early ’80s.
I retired the Gin Blossom strain after I replicated the flavor in the Blueberry lines”

It’s definitely one strain on my bucket list.

Sorry if It’s already been covered, but does he have a position on this?

3 Likes

Breeders use other people’s seeds/clones to breed with all the time. Some breeders will breed in recessive genes that come out in f2 generations which render the f2’s useless…They do it to protect against copycats trying to profit off their creation. I have ran into this many times through the years. MTG seeds does it for sure as I made a f2 gen of godfather og and popped 30 seeds and they were all dwarf, no vigor, fucked up branching habits total junk…at the same time, i crossed it with several other strains and have a beautiful alien og x godfather og…

11 Likes

If a breeder is working their lines and the seeds are available on the market. and you make f2s for a mass public giveaway you might as well be taking food off the breeders plate. If your doing it for a personal seed increase its understandable.
Making f2 of testers a breeder sent you for public giveaway is even worse.

All my opinions of course

14 Likes

We share that sentiment

9 Likes

Things you just can’t do. I feel like just taking someones work and f2 is lacks originality and thought. Smoke the strain and think what could make this better, what plant would be best suited structurally. I wonder if I could find one that tasted like this with a little more vigor.

4 Likes

That is not the case at all. Breeders are not some gods that somehow know to “spike their shit” with bad genes to inflict pain on people that deign to F2 their gear…that isn’t just something you can do. 90% of the breeders out there are small basement growers like most people I swear. They aren’t doing magic.

F2 lines are only as good as the F1’s. Or in a textbook sense, their F1 is only as good as their P1. Cannabis experiences inbreeding depression rapidly but F2 (F1) is nothing, genetics wise. Your favorite clones are probably the second selfed generation. Is what it is.

Nothing wrong with F2 gear. Most of what I grow is F2 gear. Some lines better than others, way it goes. To hell with profiteering breeders. DJ short charges $200 for a pack of seeds and does smaller selections than I do and half his plants are garbage mutants. It’s mostly a sham. Shun fuckery, embrace pollen chucks and bagseeds.

22 Likes

I’m not saying f2s are bad. I run my fair share of them. Especially if it’s something I wanna dig through. I just can’t afford to buy 5 packs of every strain I purchase.

If I like what a breeder is selling I’m gonna spend. Hell ive seen 20k cuts with buyers lined up.

You wanna lesson in ethics look back to money mike and wavegen. Wavegem??

5 Likes

I have to agree with the previous 4 -5 posts, strongly!

2 Likes

We only pay a small part for the genetics , it’s the skill knolage and experience of selection is what I pay for : )

3 Likes

That’s been practiced for a long time, I was doing it in the 80’s.
Still practice it on some of my stuff I don’t want messed with.

I’m afraid yes they do know how and it’s been done longer than you are old.

Don’t just make shit up out of whole cloth lol. Describe exactly how someone would deviously create an F1 to discourage F2?

Lemme guess…“it’s a trade secret” hahahaha

5 Likes

It’s done and done more than you know.
If you can fuck up a humans genetics and animal genetics, plants are easier.
You’re not as smart as you think you might be.
Figure it out others did.

@OleReynard
The pineapple thai from 707 has a weird trait in the the males finish way before the females are ready. Not that unusual for humans (lol)
but in the plant world it seems a little counterintuitive.

1 Like

Ain’t trying to hear the runaround, bud. Put up or shut up.

Big claims need big evidence.

You’re holding a bag of nothin’ lol.

2 Likes

Go back to your mas basement and do some reading then come back and see me.

Just so everyone reading this is clear on the situation, OleReynard was openly called on his nonsense, clearly has no idea what he’s talking about, and refuses to elaborate further because reasons lol.

Either shit or get off the pot, dawg.

1 Like

The process of introducing the mutant recessive trait is bred in to the male and the female from the genetic with the trait…after it has been inbred, it is about the right selection that carries that recessive trait then it is backcrossed…there’s a couple more steps, but yes breeders do, do this.

1 Like

If breeders actually do, do this, why bother even sharing out their genetics in the first place then?
That seems like alot of work, just to be greedy, so you can’t make more good seeds, but have to buy more from them.

2 Likes