Rules for making F2 seeds to trade

I love how together this forum is, while other forums might be bigger this is the one I’m going to call home from now on because of the community. I love the idea of making a f2 for trade with others. I would like to know if there are any rules and restrictions on lines that you can use.

14 Likes

Nah!!! Got for it!!

We all love seeds

Edit: Just don’t f2 something in production from someone else and try to sell them to people… Not a rule, just bad form :wink::sunglasses:

16 Likes

Good question about ethics, @Souljah1! Don’t miss letter from Bodhi, who is very respected breeder… I really like his take on this …

9 Likes

I think if a breeder or anyone else doesn’t want a particular strain distributed or sold etc. They should not make it Available. Once sold or given out by someone you’re free to do what you want, through out all my years of buying ,trading beans ,clones etc locally or from around the world, not once was I told nor asked not to share them or further their markers.

IMO The only thing you should never do is claim a strain as yours when it was made/produced by someone else. And if you use their strains in a cross give them credit for the lineage as well .

Besides that well I’ll do whatever I want with any beans or clones that are in my possession.

8 Likes

Thanks for the message from bodhi I think I will make some sort of hybrid for trade and give away.

I personally saw the Instagram war between archive seeds and inhouse genetics over slurricane. Archive most likely spent slot of time making do-si-dos while inhouse purchased a pack from him and selected a good pheno. Inhouse went on to cross dosi with purple punch and called the cross slurricane. He sold it for a high price and never asked for permission or recognized archive. Which lead to a long war or words between the two camps online.
I think it’s important to respect the breeders wishes.

4 Likes

I like to take Matts view on breeding which is basically nobody owns genetics if you bought those beans and did some magic then so what you’ve paid for it. Which is why a breeder like Bodhi isn’t bothered people give him shoutouts in nearly every breeding discussion board because of the fact he’s open and honest just says crack on do ya thing. Why? Because you bought the seeds so you own them.

Not aware of the war over slurricane never really heard of it but they should have given credit but then if the breeder is gunna be salty then they’re just gunna be salty ya can’t stop people breeding with “your” creation that was taken from somebody else’s creation :joy: overgrow the world man :ok_hand:t2:

15 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Looking for Dos si do cross

Just putting in my ‘two cents worth’ here… I gotta agree with what I see here. If you sell or giveaway seeds/clones, what the people do with them is their business. Unless, you specifically ask them not to do something. Even then, after it has left your domain, there isn’t much you can do to stop anything from happening. I’ve given away and sold seeds and clones to people over the years…yes, even of ‘Frankenstein’ (my baby and biggest success) all I ever ask is just mention me as the breeder. What they do with things after out of my hands is up to them. I will freely give advice when asked, to the best of my ability, and try to help young or new growers any way I can. Since they are the future of growing marijuana, and continuing and advancing the cause.

9 Likes

:thought_balloon:

If a plant breeder wants to “protect” their plant creation, they never release it but only release it’s grand or great+ grandkids so the “original work” can’t be duplicated 100%. :wink: :+1:

:evergreen_tree:

16 Likes

Agreed, cannabissequoia…

4 Likes