Scorpio's First Grow (Canada)

Thanks, I didn’t know what those were called. Still learning a lot! :slight_smile:
My friend who helped me get started isn’t coming around right now cause of the virus,
which is understandable, but makes things a little harder for me to figure out myself now.
Glad I have you guys that can help fill in for him!
I plan to continue as I have been with the plants that are doing well and only adjust on the Sativa by reducing ferts and trying to water well once a week instead of watering sparingly twice a week.
Not expecting much from the sativa but still interesting to see if I can get it to start growing better again.
HAGO!

3 Likes

What to start with good news or bad? Lol!
I guess get the bad over with. The Sativa has not got any better. It has a couple little leaves starting but I decided to remove all but the top leaves to let all the energy go into the new leaves. I am just experimenting with this one as I’m not worried about it either way.

It also looks like it may have a bit of that white moss/mold starting on top of the soil so I am taking the top layer off and replacing that. That poor little plant has enough issues without getting fungus or something. Like I said I don’t expect much but just want to see if it lives!
Now for the GOOD NEWS! Finally seeing my first actual leaves with all five fans on them! :slight_smile:It’s on the “No Name” Indica, but I don’t care, it’s growing nice for me!

My Gorilla is also doing well. Hard to believe it had a bad stem injury and cotelon leaves ripped off when it was younger. It is doing a good job trying to catch No Name!

Only has 3 fan leaves so far but 5 will be soon! It didn’t cheat by skipping a node like the other one! Lol! Just kidding but interesting to see how they grow differently both being indica. The gorilla had the first and second set of leaves only with one fan leaf and started 3 fans on the third set of leaves. The No Name had only the first set of leaves with one and went to three leaves right after that on the second set. Probably boring for you guys who have been growing a long time, but I’m new so interesting to see the difference in growth for me.
One more pic, said I would get a pic of my new Blue Dream. As I said it is puny still. Had first seed not germinate and had to wait 7 days according to the company I got it from. (Had a guarantee) Then second seed germinated slow but finally in ground. When it sprouted it really didn’t want to come out of it’s shell. Must have been a thick seed or something? I finally helped (maybe?) it but damaged the cotelons so it is just getting first leaves now but looking healthy as far as I can tell at this size. Hypothetically, that may be why I didn’t want to post a pic last time! HAHA! I think I was a bit anxious and should have let it fight it’s way out of the seed shell! I forgot about LITFA! I am going to a support group for that though! :slight_smile:
In my defense, the others never took that long! I thought the leaves might die in there with no light getting to them! :flushed:
Here it is…

So that’s it for today! Who thinks I should have got rid of the Sativa and started a Solo cup with all those other guys! Lol!

HAGO!

7 Likes

Yup, I should have started a Solo cup!
Anyone not watch Top Gun yet? The old one? Since I referenced it at the beginning of this grow I thought I would keep that theme going by saying… Spoiler alert! My Sativa’s Nickname was Goose! Lol!

Just didn’t want to stick around. Looks like whoever said something was wrong with the roots was right. It only had one straight root on it when I removed it today. I had water ready in case it had more of a root system. Thought it might do good giving it a little soak to help revive it but the roots or root I should say, doesn’t even have a normal light color to it so I have written it off finally. I just stuck it in the water for a quick pic to show you guys the root. Easier than trying to hold it and work my camera.

I guess I may not be doing a seed run this time. Only three plants but really only the first two are close to the same age. I don’t think the little Blue Dream will be ready. Will be amazing luck if the only two are one male and one female. How hard is it to save the pollen? Easy enough for a beginner?

HAGO!

5 Likes

The two larger plants are doing well as usual. :slight_smile: Even have some branches starting where I thought it was preflowers before! LOL! Can you say NEEEWB!

Only worry is that the Blue Dream is barely growing. It remains nice and green but still only has the first leaves and not even a sign of the second ones starting. It seems very slow compared to what the others were. Wondering if this is normal as different strains grow at different speeds or sign of something being wrong? Probably just paranoid but after first seed not germinating and the Sativa crapping out on me I am hoping this one will be ok. Here is a new pic of it and you can scroll up to see the previous one.

Maybe it’s scared that if it grows more leaves I will rip them off! LOL!
Otherwise I’m happy with how things are going. Hope everyone is doing ok and staying home!

HAGO!

5 Likes

i think the roots just getting established, i imagine it will take off soon enough and pack on size

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m hoping that’s the case, but nice to have a second opinion. :slight_smile:
Blue Dream is one of the two strains I want to get a nice plant from. The other is the Gorilla which is doing well. My largest so far is from a free seed and I don’t even know what it is so will be a surprise to see what the effects are when it’s finally ready. If either the Gorilla or the No Name seed is male I may cross the two for seeds. They both seem to have similar nice structure in the plants and indica dominant wider leaves.
That Sativa that didn’t make it may have been one of his lemons. I am hoping the No Name is one of his Purple Gorilla he grew last year. That would mix well with the Gorilla I have and it was some good smoke. I helped him by being a taste tester! Lol! :crazy_face:
The Blue dream I am hoping to just do clones on as it is feminized and more for daytime use. My wife has a back injury from a car accident and most medications don’t work for her, but weed does. She just can’t take the strong ones during the day when she has to go to work.
I like the stronger ones for nighttime use. I have insomnia so it helps me get some much needed sleep. Later!

HAGO!

1 Like

Looks like you know a few things!

Blue Dream is starting to grow finally. Smoked some from my friends old Blue Dream grow to celebrate! (I could just be making up excuses! LOL!)
The others are both still doing well. Gorilla has leaves with five fingers as well now. No name is growing like crazy and has a lot of undergrowth starting. I’ll get a pic of that next time. Only a group shot for now cause I am feeling a bit tired…

I was playing with the dog to get some of her excess energy out. Usually I bring her to the dog park to run with the other dogs but it’s closed! Then cooked an early bbq as I wanted to get it done before the rain that they are calling for starts around here.
Hope you are all keeping safe!

HAGO!

8 Likes

Yep using this for years now. A few different formulations, Home Hardware in Canada carries the line. Large 20 kg bag for 15 bucks if you look around. My go to ‘all purpose’ type brand.

3 Likes

Thanx for that tip Mr. C!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

There they go! The Blue dream is just making roots and looking for water, don’t water it (unless it’s really dry of course lol). Nice turnaround!

2 Likes

Thanks! I will be going there! I paid $10 for a little milk carton size (1.36 kg) at Canadian Tire!

HAGO!

2 Likes

Blue Dream is slowly growing but at least it is growing now. :slight_smile:

Has another set of leaves starting. I just noticed I may have to cut the sides lower on this container. It’s easy since it’s only a pop bottle! Originally I left the soil a little low because both the previous plants had a lot of stretch or legginess to them. I kind of forgot that that was because my good light hadn’t arrived yet! Either that or it may help to rip the seeds off the top to keep the height down! :crazy_face:
Was pretty busy with the other two guys as well!

Decided to transplant while I had the time. In hind sight I should have waited a little longer since the roots were not very strong yet but I was pretty lucky with it going well. The No Name which I should name Lucky had zero issues. I had the dirt prepared with the perfect size hole and the plant slid right out and was easy to move. The Gorilla did ok but was giving me a little trouble sliding out of it container. I also wasn’t as good with the hole size and ended up breaking a couple small roots while adjusting it and still holding the plant. I’m sure it will be fine though. I did pretty good considering I usually grow my veggie garden right in the ground after the solo cups so not much experience transplanting larger plants. I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it! :wink:
Not sure how these Tomato cages will work but I thought it was worth a try. Don’t worry, they won’t poke through the bottom of those cloth containers as I bent the ends in a little horseshoe curve.

Hope everyone is doing ok,

HAGO!

7 Likes

Those are the Canadian Tire tomato rings, I have the same but shortened them.
They work great.

Cheers
G

1 Like

lol that blue dream sure is a straggler eh? could start topping the other ones to bush them out a bit and let the blue dream catch up a bit. it just needs some LITFA i think

1 Like

Blue Dream was planted late due to the first seed not germinating and then the place I got them from had a guarantee but I had to re-soak and wait another 7 days according to their instructions. So it was a while before I popped the second one and it was injured by me as well so really not the plants fault. I think it will do ok. Just a little behind cause I was slow popping it.

Thanks for the advice. I do want to top the No Name soon. Just want to give them a few days recovery after the transplanting. I think I will wait a little longer on the gorilla since I did break a couple roots when transplanting and it doesn’t have much undergrowth starting yet.
Wasn’t sure if upskirts were allowed on here! LOL!
No Name…

Could probably top this one over the weekend sometime.
Gorilla…

This one I think I’ll wait to see the start of some undergrowth before topping it. That’s just my thoughts, but seems logical I think? Lol! :thinking:

Take care,

HAGO!

8 Likes

ok that makes a lot more sense lol because if those were all germinated at the same time … wow the gorilla really has nothing going on down there eh! topping could force it to grow, i usually start topping around the 5th to 7th node, but it’s all personal preference

2 Likes

Did you use the promix with added micohaizar?..I did a mix and the mycelium took over. Told to work with it.
Edit…didn’t read the thread before posting…lol

Hoping to get a cutting for a clone off the Gorilla so I may want it a little higher to get a few nodes to get the roots growing well out of the clone. Will be fun experimenting. :slight_smile:

@Tappy
Here is the Promix…

and I am using very little of the fert that you see earlier in this thread. The Hen poop! Lol! Think it’s like 5-3-2. Will change around 2 or three weeks into flower to my fert higher in potasium. :slight_smile:

HAGO!

5 Likes

Few more pics and one question:

Blue Dream is finally starting to grow a bit faster but still will be smaller than others when done I am guessing…

No Name aka Lucky is still going strong…

I didn’t top yet cause I want it to get to the height of the next ring on my cage for support and will top it there. Another reason is I want to know what’s up with my Gorilla. Don’t want to weaken this one right now by topping it and it catch whatever is going on with the other one.

Hoping someone can tell me what would causes the top leaves to curl on my Gorilla like in this pic?

I’m hoping it is just getting closer to the lights causing it? Although it is shorter than the other one it is a hybrid with Sativa and the other I think is pure indica so they could have different lighting needs?
Any other ideas or agreement about it being the lights would be helpful. Thanks! :wink:

Oh, Almost forgot, it still is starting to get a few little leaves finally underneath…

I think it will be able to catch the other if those leaves are nothing major! :slight_smile:

HAGO!

6 Likes

I have one every grow that does that a bit.
My guess is it ODd a little on Nitrogen while getting its systems up and running. For me it has never become a problem.

Cheers
G

1 Like