Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics

@gman & @ReikoX
I’ve made and am trying a couple recipes from online:
A lotion bar of olive oil, beeswax, and shea butter;
A lotion of olive oil, beeswax (not soy, I was wrong), and water.

Update: The lotion separated immediately, and the lotion bar left my hands feeling greasy and did nothing for the pain. I’m going to try just plain olive oil (with a brand that has tested oleic acid levels, because I’m unsure of what the levels are in the olive oil I have) and cbd hash.

I’ll be remelting and adding DMSO to the lotion bars until I have a product that works for pain, so I’m not wasting CBD hash.

@allotment
Yes, capsaicin is another partially transdermal component that would work well with the oleic acid in olive oil. Mint oil is another oil that is somewhat effective at helping stuff across the skin barrier. This is why many linoments smell like mint.

Looking at the CBD seed 30% off deal! “Old seeds” is more of an observation than a critique. Seeds that a year or so old won’t stop me from germinating them and making tons of seeds. :wink:

11 Likes

My most recent batch I used cinnamon bark and cinnamon leaf essential oils. They have capsaicin in them as well. It gives a slight burning when applied, like a tiger balm.

@Sebring,
Have you experimented with cannabis root extract in your topicals? It can take them up a notch. I wash most the dirt off the roots and dry them. Then soak in a crockpot of coconut oil on low for 12-24 hours.

6 Likes

I’ve never hear of that, but it makes sense. Is there much reading available on the subject?

4 Likes

Here is a scholarly article on the subject.

Here is an informative discussion on ICMag about it.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=359533

8 Likes

Have to run some errands for a bit, but here’s a nice video to entertain you. :grin:

Using STS to make females that produce pollen!

17 Likes

You guys are just trying to make me feel guilty for wanting to go outside now… heh.

Thank you both. The root articles are really intriguing and worth reading on… I want to watch the video, too, but all will wait till later… gotta go catch some nice weather before afternoon rain again.

peace

3 Likes

duuuuuhhh… (:blush:) what about reversing a male? how is that done?

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

You can reverse males too!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=99597

10 Likes

I have kept the roots of my last grow, but not worked with them so far.

Thanks for that! :+1:

1 Like

Mind you it’s two deals.

• 30% off all CBD seeds at Dutch Passion including Auto Charlotte’s Angel (which be both have)
  • 30% off all auto seeds at Sensi Seeds including Sensi #41 Auto CBD was only until June 18, not July as their twitter account stated :frowning:
2 Likes

Thanks professor. Awesome. I want small tent for holding males would you recommend the size of a 10 to breed in basically 1 male and a female?

1 Like

pollen gets everywhere - wouldn’t recommend a tent as it doesn’t seal well enough and when you open it…- unless it has a space/room away from the other plants

6 Likes

For sure. A space for males takes some thought… that I haven’t finished personally, yet. heh

Pollen follows you into other rooms as well; sooooo easy. I’m still trying to figure out what will work best for my property. I have a couple of outbuildings with power but not winter proof.

I try and listen for clues when I listen to breeders on podcasts but don’t remember a lot of talk about it. I always wonder how others do it.

Oh, and ventilation systems move it very nicely… I knew a guy who had separate tents but the same ventilation system suppled both tents… I got some Sunshine Daydream f2s from it… heh.

5 Likes

The only thing I can think is turning one into one of those positive pressure hermetically sealed clean rooms.

4 Likes

here is a post from JAWS about collecting pollen

"two main things to be sure and do.

1. clean your pollen completely
  2. dry your pollen completely before storing

to dry my pollen’s i just leave it on the parchment paper over night then fold the paper into a half pipe shape and pour into what ever container i’m going to be storing it in. if a collection does not net me much pollen that morning i’ll just pour it into the container and let it dry in there.

i collect pollen in the morning and the next morning i put it away for future usage!!.

dry in a dark breezeless place, i use the upper shelf in my closet. i let my girl know before hand so she’s not just pulling the door open and shutting it hard like.

if you get a decent amount of pollen “NEVER” store it all in the same container, never put todays wet pollen on top of yesterday dry pollen.

always mark your containers properly “WITH DATE” and pheno if your working with a known pheno male.

never scrape your pollen prior to pouring it into it’s container, "IF’ your going to scrape the left over pollen off the paper just be sure to put it into a separate container and mark it properly.

scraping will cause clumpage as well as unwanted nasties in your pollen.

i never mix my pollen with anything, i want my pollen as potent as possible, only time i would ever mix any pollen if if i only had a small amount and i wanted to stretch it as far as possible. normally one should be able to get enough pollen from a mid size healthy male to do many female plant’s.

iv’e made all these mistakes over the years and i’m not at all saying this way is best but it works very well and is at least a really good starting point to begin with your pollen collecting for-sure.

i hope this has help some of you who have been reading along to fill confident enough to give it a try once your ready for the seed making plunge.

peace "

23 Likes

I appreciate that link dude I definitely want to get some pollen and either saved or when I get some money buy some off of somebody from the site that certified clean dried you know what I mean that’s awesome though thank you so much. Mister @Sebring, how would you recommend to keep a male separate from the females maybe put it in my shed out back under fluorescence? or a small LED? I’m not sure if flowering a male is similar to flowering a female. My shed is 100 ft away sealed I could collect pollen since it’s completely separated from my building and really no chance of pollination other than me washing off straight from the shed which is no problem

3 Likes

Hi @Baltimore. If you start 2 plants at the same time, and one os female and one male, the male will normally begin flowering sooner. So, you have a chance to catch it before it interrupts the girl.

A good way to save pollen safely is to get it not too long after it first starts dropping pollen.
You can clip a small top off and put in a glass of water and a box, on top of parchment paper, and let it drop naturally, then save it like Sam suggests.

It really takes so little. You don’t have to collect a gram of it or anything. I depends on how you will use it. Storing too much together will just waste what you don’t use the first time. So, keep it simple and remember you don’t have to save the whole plant’s pollen stores. Just a little to use on your next project.

Maybe a good way is to get seeds you aren’t really concerned about and try it a couple of times. Google “saving cannabis pollen” or similar, and watch a few videos or read some posts you find. You’ll get the idea pretty quick.

If you’re using seeds you aren’t worried about losing, then you can then try and paint a little pollen onto a bud on a branch f a flowering plant… she needs to be at week 3-5, and I prefer week 3ish… that way the plant has time to finish the seeds and give them enough time to mature fully.

A plant will begin putting all of the energy into producing seeds, and the THC production slows. You plant won’t smoke quite as good as if it had no seeds, but that’s the deal. It’s still fine but usually a little harsh and it won’t “pop” in aromas and flavors like a fresh sensimilla plant does.

But, do a run to practice, after you have enough smoke to tide you over. You’ll still get smoke but not as tasty or strong.

You’ll learn more by doing it once and finding out what a mess it can be. My first try I saved pollen from a nice male… I had a room full of plants and wanted to paint a few buds on only one plant. I took the plant out, used a small paintbrush, and dusted a few buds.

I took the plant back in, and all is good and continue on with flowering. Well, geting near harvest I start noticing seeds on the other plants… all of them, lol…

Pollen will come off of the plant you dusted and be blown all over your grow room by the fan. It’s microscopic basically and can pollinate with stuff you can’t see. You can also track it back in on your clothes, hair, shoes…etc. And your fan, house ventilation, and any numbers of ways will move the pollen all over the house.

On a good note, if you have a variety of plants, you’ll get lots of crosses to play with and do your own selection process. So, sort of fun to mess up if you’re ready for it.

That first time will show you how sensitive the process can be. It’s very simple and easy to get and save some pollen, but to do it and not pollinate your entire grow, your neighborhood’s outdoor grows… etc… well, not as easy.

But, don’t let it scare you, it just creates unwanted circumstances if not prepared for it

I learned more from just doing it that first time… I broke a few rules on purpose, just to satisfy my own personal curiosity of the boundaries.

So, throw caution to the wind sometime and give it a whirl. If you watch a few vids, you’ll get the basics real quick. And, when you’ve done it once, you’ll know a lot more about how to approach it in the future.

I may have some extra f2seeds I made from that first pollen chuck I could donate. I used the f1s from the first time and made f2s with two siblings the next run. That one, the male was inside on the back porch, and all of my plants were growing outdoor. I took my female inside and shook the male over her…

I ended up with seeds in every plant outside. Some more than others. So, pollen travels very easy… that’s about the only thing to remember… Also if pollen gets wet it supposedly neutralizes it…So, when storing it, use a small airtight container and drop a few rice kernels in to keep it dry.

Also, once you dust a plant, after a bit… 15-30 min, or less, you can spray the plant off with a hose before you put it back with others… that is supposed to neutralize it…mostly. At least it prevents it from blowing off of the plant then.

You may be shaky at it at first, but, you will make seeds, maybe at out all of your plants, but, you’ll be on your way… Just read a little too,. It’'fill in all the gaps I’m missing here…peace

11 Likes

That sounds like a great set up.

1 Like

A long time ago. My uncle was drunk babbling about using a lil half inch brush and partial pollination. LOL I thought this run I would have at least half males they all turned out to be female and of course the Autoflower and then I signed up for the solo cup contest. It’s all good. I’m almost done with the whole tent. Yeah this was a practice run. The one in there I know for sure is NL Nirvana. 2 bag seed plants (pistils are purpling it’s not even on 12 12. Tom Petty donated some loompa crossea to me. Exciting! July I’m flipping everything. I may pull the auto out from 12 12 and leave it half the day under floros. Better than nothing. I hope to pull a half a zip off the auto if it works out to hold me over… That’s cool with me. Later dudes. :call_me_hand:

The LEDs deceive the picture but those couple pistil are purple hopefully I have some sweet purple nuggetry…:blush:

4 Likes

This is the real infodat I’m going to compile to make my life easier it makes perfect sense you cut the top off when the balls are formed put it in a glass of water. Going to drop off put them on the parchment paper dry it out folded up label it get ready to do some pollinating. Now my problem is getting a nice male that’s why I was asking a while ago if somebody was going to throw out any males that were looking good. But it’s a lot if you’re not growing for pollen, you know what I mean you don’t want to take that chance to pollinate in your stuff? I’m just going to try to keep everything in the shed sealed up like a little lab environment it’ll be easy to do I’ll shoot silicone and all the cracks little exhaust fan stuff hopefully the neighbors don’t have any grass growing out back LOL.

1 Like