Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi f2 Apollo 13 x Apollo 11

Now that’s going to be a fun to watch thread.

4 Likes

“beggars can’t be choosers”

or so i hear

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I have a few of these going at the moment… will snap some shots after the rains passed

5 Likes

Heck yeah, Jedi’s A11/A13 project was one of the main factors that brought me over here. You are two for two on projects that grab my interest!!

5 Likes

I just looked in the veg tent and saw an odd growth on one of the Apollo 13 x Apollo 11 plants I had growing. It has lived in 18/6 hours of lighting since it first popped it’s head up out of the soil, and today I noticed some definite balls indicating it’s a male. It must be an autoflower because I didn’t change the light schedule, so it is weird to be showing such definite sex signs at this point.

3 Likes

I notice stuff that finishes quick tends to show sex much earlier. Not much quicker finishing than the Apollo lines. That, and males tend to show a week before females, IME.

All my plants show sex eventually at 18/6, some just take a little longer.

7 Likes

I’ve seen this on various strains. Some plants pre flower in 6-8 weeks. I’m usually happier when they show early, that way it doesn’t leave an empty spot in the flo cab.
Two of my tester plants showed within a couple of days in flower. Was gonna do an update today.

2 Likes

this was not that old, it showed it’s sex quickly, but I am glad to have it out of the way

1 Like

How old we talking? I’ve had photoperiod plants show as fast as 25 days from the opening of the cotyledons. Usually it’s closer to 40 days.

1 Like

after thanksgiving, so around the 1st of December until now, so 27 days, in line with what you have seen. I have not seen that before - new to me.

1 Like

I hope God will bless you for your generosity

All the best

1 Like

i noticed that some plants of certain strains show sex early when the roots hit the walls of the pot. one of my chronic x cheeseberry males started flowering in a 2 Liter Pot once the roots hit the walls. it didn’t stop then…the females don’t show that trait neither did the other male. I had one female sitting in a 250ml pot for like 6 weeks or even more.

3 Likes

I still pop into this thread once in a while hoping to read a message that the 200+ packs I sent up to Alaska have been recovered, but alas, my heart continues to weigh heavy for MOTR and her well-being.

I still have some of these [unintentionally] set aside and will work with @Eudaemon to get enough seeds to them for a good selection.

I will pack up another 10 pucks or so of what I have here and post again once I have some more ready to head out.

20 Likes

I just finished my current grow. I am definitely going to continue growing, since I don’t see travel opening anytime soon. That grow style did not work for me, at all, though, so I am going to take a short rest, then re-tool and reorganize to tent based solutions.

Right now the plan is to run two separate, large isolated tents and do two isolated open pollination seed runs, the Apollo 11 x 13 and also Jungle Spice.

I’ll let you know once I’m tooled up and ready to go!

8 Likes

Well I’ve got a small grow but could pop the ones you were gracious enough to send me and do an open pollination. Wouldn’t really be able to do much selecting but if I put them all in 1 gallon pots and basically went 12/12 from seed I’m sure I could end up with plenty of seeds.
I just don’t have the time, or patience really, to do the packaging and shipping so if you’d want to do that I could do my best at the seed run.

4 Likes

i have two apollos growing right now… hopefully I get at least one female. I’d really like to see she grows.

1 Like

I’m happy to wait for @Eudaemon to do an open pollination. That said, I did see a beautiful specimen of Blackwater x A11/A13 from an “uncle” up in Canada that would be a nice addition to anyone’s bean collection.

3 Likes

I went and checked on my final Apollo 13/11 stash. I’d say I have ~200 viable seeds. Instead of parcelling them out in packs of 10+ I would prefer to that someone take 30-50 and open these up a little bit. That is where @Eudaemon comes in. I know you all have been waiting for a while but hang tight and we will push forward.

What @Chiefer88 is referring to is from one of the other plants that I had in the tent when I did this OP. @Uncle.Romulus grew out the Blackwater x Apollo 13/11 and ended up with this:

38 Likes

I’m in the planning phase for this preservation run. I’m having some mental health issues at the moment; 2020 was just a bit too much for me. So, I am going to do a National Park road trip, hopefully, next month for a couple weeks or so. I am gonna spend most of my time in Everglades and Dry Tortugas, something different.

After that, I am back and back in the growing saddle until international travel resumes and I can go collect seeds. I’ve decided against tents. I just can’t get the needed plant numbers in a tent. I am going to switch rooms to a larger one and try and smartly hang about about 2,000 watts of lights. I will be switching the HIDs to LEDs for heat reasons. The air conditioning and power bill far exceeds the costs of switching to LEDs in the summer.

Assuming a large bedroom, it should be very easy to do 50 small plants. It would be possible to do hundreds 12/12 from seed, but I don’t know how that works with open pollination.

I’m going to need a bit of community input on how to structure and plan this grow. In terms of pollination timing, plant separation based on sex in terms of time, which phenotypes to hunt and select for, which plants to cull, etc.

I had a lot of issues on my last grow, but I vegged for over 4 months. I can’t do that again. Now I know why people don’t want to grow 12 week+ sativas. The longer a grow goes, the more can go wrong.

I am incredibly excited. The Apollos and Cinderellas are the most special strains to me with the most personal history. Apollo 11 was actually among the first plants I ever grew, 5 years ago. I had never gardened or grown a plant before, but I eventually developed an interest in cannabis and poppies, as plants, over substances and decided I wanted to try growing. I did my obsessive research thing and found my way to Bodhi and somewhere along the way developed an autistic obsession (it happens within special interests sometimes) with the Cinderella and Apollo.

I eventually got a pack for my second ever grow and made a grow journal on ICmag. I thought I only had one grow journal there, but apparently I have two. I’m too embarrassed to go back and read them. I had no idea what I was doing and am lucky I didn’t kill myself with all the electrical work I did. I think I was super high on a lot of different drugs, because apparently I grew Cougar’s Milk… I didn’t know that?

Anyway, this got longer than I wanted. I am really excited for this upcoming preservation run. As soon as I get my head right, I am going to get started on it.

28 Likes

Hope this road trip works out well for ya. Best wishes!

10 Likes