Seed Run Co-op Rare Og'Er -Closed-

@George A gentleman. A scholar. A refined human being with exceptional taste, class and style. A real bro.

4 Likes

Thank you brother, but is that the OG’er you’re talking about? If so, I think our OG friend @Seamonkey84 sent me some. I’ll have to look but almost sure.

Have you grown it? Any opinions on it? I need to go back and read the thread.

I sure appreciate the offer. I’ll look, but pretty sure I have a few. peace :beers:

5 Likes

Not sure if it was me, but it’s possible lol. I’ve sent out so many things I’ve lost track :sweat_smile:. Speaking of… I’m behind on a few things I said I’d send out to people,

3 Likes

Hola Gang

Here’s what it looks like Outdoor

Really Big Big Big

Bare

44 Likes

I say 6+ lbs… :wave:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Its one of my keepers… It smells like grapefruit sometimes and armpits other times sorry I’m not good with descriptions lol but it’s always frosty and big buds one of my favorites. There should be some pics in my thread over here
keeping in mind im not the best grower :grin:
:dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

10 Likes

Ghost didn’t put his name on it, several folks that ghost passed the cut to referee to it as the ghost og cut and the name stuck. First to call it that was me “ctg”
Oger is ghost og x a male that was found in s1 seedstock from oregon kid. It basically is a og ibl
After many generations of inbreeding. “Wesos”, “Stash”, and a few others have worked and shared this cultivar with many and is where barefrog got his stock. Many folks claim to know what is what and spread info they don’t really know much about. Many of us were there and have first hand knowledge.
There is no bubba kush or master kush in oger

23 Likes

Looks lovely brother barefrog

4 Likes

but wouldn’t the S1 seed stock be feminized? or have I got this wrong. :laughing:

I really want to get background info down because I’m doing an OGer seed run.

Cheers
G

10 Likes

Yes that would be lol

3 Likes

I know the grower that got the male from the s1’s and he is as reliable and accurate as there is.
If he says it was a male from s1’s I believe him.
I know other folks have had males from other s1 stock. all we can do is call it what it is and this is the correct info.

8 Likes

A male from an s1 isn’t really a male. It’s a hermi

3 Likes

But all the oger seed produce male and female seed. So. Unless the orig seedstock that oregon kid gave to folks wasn’t s1 seed. Who knows. But the history I explained is how it happened regardless.
Also there were articles written by several breeders that used hermi males in their breedings DJ short is one of them

6 Likes

But you just said it was a male s1, then you said maybe they weren’t s1 it’s just what someone told you. And now reputable breeders use hermi’s?

You’re right. In some contexts I’ve seen people use s1 the way we normally think of f2. But it doesn’t sound like that is meant here.

I’d guess it’s not a hermie, but a bit of unintentional pollen from an unknown source. I don’t believe you can get a Y chromosome from a female… but there’s plenty of things I don’t know :joy:

9 Likes

I’ve heard of if before,
IIRC to ratio was something like 1:10000. That’s really cool, how would you describe the smoke?

Cheers
G

6 Likes

There’s some magic there I can’t puzzle out. My problem is a can’t remember which book I read it in.

Cheers
G

9 Likes

I’ve heard it before on some potcast episode maybe. I just don’t believe it. It takes some pretty hardcore isolation to ensure that there was no stray pollen. None of us are growing in class 10 cleanrooms lol.

Without proof via genetic test, I just can’t make sense of the claim in my head enough to believe it.

11 Likes

My understanding was OGer was getting passed around a bit on the old Overgrow.
What forms was it in? Clones and S1s or regular?
What years would you say?

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Words can be twisted how ever folks want bottom line the guy that worked what everyone here is calling ogers said the male came from s1 seed and I believe him. maybe what oregon kid was giving out somehow wasn’t only s1 seed but some stray pollen got in there we will never know.
Anyway. The ogers kush being from here isn’t master kush x bubba

7 Likes