Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 1)

@JohnnyPotseed
do you have a list of current strains?

1 Like

I do cuz yes, all available strains are listed in my ā€˜Hall of Geneticsā€™ thread. I know youā€™ve gotten quite a few of my strains over time lol
Just click on my icon, itā€™s the first link or hereā€™s the link

7 Likes

looks like most are sold out?

1 Like

Thereā€™s not many up atm, 6 photo strains and 5 auto fem. Iā€™ll be starting new drops in a few weeks, keep your eye on things for that .
Iā€™m not one of those big commercial shops lol I donā€™t sell hundreds of strains at outrageous prices. I do ship all over the world and I do replace any lost in transit.
I only sell on OG, to OGā€¦

12 Likes

Iā€™m making a purchase for some 2004 SLH seeds soon. It does have me a tad worried theyā€™re 18 years old lol.

But I figured Iā€™d reach out here and see if anyone has any from 2008ish - 2010ish time period?

When did the quality start to suffer? Iā€™m really not sure on this.

3 Likes

Hey @CARE_giver .
Are you referring to super lemon haze from greenhouse. As far as I know, it made it debut at the cannabis Cup in 08, which it won. It also won the next year as well. I was gifted a cut from seeds bought at the 08 cup and it was the best weed Iā€™ve ever grown(or tried for that matter) And Iā€™ve been around. I lost the cut and most of my seed stash in the great divorce of 2012 but I still have seeds from that cut bx3. Starting pollen donor was a line breed male from Sativa Spirt, my old go to, uplifting daytime smoke before the SLH kicked it to the curb. I need to refresh those, if I can get them to pop.
I bought SLH seed in 2016 and it was nowhere near the same.Way more Afghan influence in it now.
I was unaware SLH was available before the 08 cup.

7 Likes

Yeah I think they started it in the late 90s. But yeah it blew up in popularity after they won the cup.

Yeah itā€™s hard to find any solid SLH seeds anymore. So I want to jump on this opportunity even with the risk of germ rates. Between this and my sour bubble, these are the only 2 strains I even care about. I really want those pure genetics that sparked this inspiration in me back then.

But yeah the great divorce of 2012 :joy:?

And that really sucks man :confused:. Yeahā€¦ I hope I can stumble upon a cut or two from that era also. Iā€™ll do my bestā€¦ and I mean that lolā€¦ and if I do Iā€™ll get your slh back in stock if youā€™d like :wink::ok_hand:.

2 Likes

I still have hope I can get some of those beans to pop.
My old seed stash was stored (not by me) in an uncontrolled environment. Temps from sweltering heat to freezing and back again. Not to mention the humidity. I think Iā€™ll give them another go when I start my next big hunt in 2-3 wks. It would be cool to be able to hand some seeds out from these. Truly the best herb Iā€™ve had, I pine about how much I miss it all the time!:slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s never good lol.

Itā€™s a great breeding tool also dude. Especially for terps like you like.

Searching for this slh I stumbled upon a few elite cuts nowadays using it.

That plant was special back then. Structure, yield, high, taste, smell. It had it all.

1 Like

Yep. The cut I ran was pretty far sativa and took all of 12 but better at 14wks to finish. 3x stretch, with fluffy, trich laden buds. Sharp lemon terps. Totally unpractical for a commercial set up but oh so nice. Pure uplifting motivational happy feel good herb. The best daytime smoke! Damn I miss her!

2 Likes

I ran some beans last year that were collected in 2007, as a general statement, ā€˜it mostly comes down to how they have been storedā€™.
(OK, there are some landraces that have low germination rates)

All that aside, I got a 40% germination rateā€¦ :+1:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Iā€™m not saying its end all be all but I have seen some pretty SLH dominate phenos of Mass Medicalā€™s Super Lemon Pupil. Mass Medical Strains - Super Lemon Pupil

Damn. Yeah itā€™s 3 fem seeds so 40% lolā€¦ 1 seed :sweat_smile:

They were stored in the fridge in original GHS packing they use.

Might have better luck hunting clones that have been kept.

2 Likes

Iā€™d have a look through your stash and see what you might have thatā€™s complementary.
The components are haze, skunk, and lemon skunkā€¦ Personally Iā€™d go lemon skunk but thereā€™s other possibilities too.
Iā€™d throw down 10 to 20 seeds total and play the hand youā€™ve been dealt!

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Iā€™ve had this passion brewing inside of me for a long time to do a sour bubble x slh. I havenā€™t been able to find the Sb that ignited thisā€¦ but I have some stock from the same time it was found now finally.

And slh is generally good and lemony. So that shouldnā€™t be too hard to find.

But yeah Iā€™ve considered the lemon skunk as well. I actually want to do that also to compare. I wanted to combine the lemon of the slh into the Sbā€¦ so lemon skunk would make sense. But if just have this feeling the slh is the one. Ya know? The same guy has greenhouse lemon skunk from 04 also. Guessing itā€™s s1s of lemon mans cut.

But yeah well see where this takes me.

5 Likes

I had a nice lemon skunk from Greenhouse seeds about 4 years ago, had 3 fem seeds two phenoā€™s 2 tall and one short bush, the short one was so lemon flavored every friend of mine wanted some. The tall ones were lemon but not as intense. The kids did lemon haze that year too :joy: lemon year.

4 Likes

Looking for Recon from DNA - any have these ?

thx

Iā€™ve had good luck germinating pre 98 strains by putting some 100 grit sandpaper in a pill bottle; shaking them around for about 10 seconds, then mix up a :spoon: full of sugar in distilled water with a couple drops of hydrogen peroxide. Get about a 80 percent pop rate.

7 Likes

You have more specific sugar water measurements please.

A tea spoon in an 8oz cup of water. Warm water .
Oh and then I put it in a warm place, usually use the cabinet above my stove.

5 Likes